The Student Room Group

Arson attack on mosque.

Scroll to see replies

i used to be a muslim and will actually acknowledge now that there are WAY too many mosques in this country
Reply 21
that 2% to charity :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by air-ninety-one
i used to be a muslim and will actually acknowledge now that there are WAY too many mosques in this country

There are many more Churches so should we burn down them as well? No. The Mosques were built legally and so were the Churches. There's no point in arguing and fighting over religion. Follow what you want or don't believe in God at all. Muslims have done nothing wrong to the world and never will. It's just the media infecting people's minds and Muslims are not called Muslims anymore but they care called 'Extremists' or 'Terrorists' or 'Taliban.
Reply 23
There is more to this story than the BBC article actually states. There has been bad feeling towards the mosque since it was built, due to the circumstances in how the land was acquired.

I am not condoning these actions at all because its a despicable thing to do, but it was only going to be a matter of time before something like this happened.
Original post by aliakhtar
There are many more Churches so should we burn down them as well? No. The Mosques were built legally and so were the Churches. There's no point in arguing and fighting over religion. Follow what you want or don't believe in God at all. Muslims have done nothing wrong to the world and never will. It's just the media infecting people's minds and Muslims are not called Muslims anymore but they care called 'Extremists' or 'Terrorists' or 'Taliban.

:s-smilie:

if you read the story, it says the fire was small and caused no real damage to the building. right?

i only left religion because i feel that a book written 1600 years ago should have no affect on the way i behave, eat, drink, and think. if you want to be dictated to then fine by me, just don't tell me I'm in the wrong for believing in the origin of the universe and evolution, which are both pretty much facts.
Reply 25
Original post by joebro

Original post by joebro
seriously? this is one of those arguments which is so irrational it is hard to make an argument against it. but im gonna try anyway, because your views are ridiculous.

1)the police force are fairly racist, simply because they have to make stereotypes of people to try and stop crime. there are plenty of studies on institutional racism by the police - read them. and there are plenty of examples where they have overreacted and got the wrong person because of race - that brazilian guy who got shot in the tube being one of them.

2) 'we are being pushed out of our country by foreigners' is a classic ridiculous argument which is usually splashed all over papers like the Sun and the Daily Mail. firstly, we opened ourselves up to immigration after the second world war to try and encourage people from the commonwealth to work here as doctors etc - so we caused your 'problem' ourselves, and its just typical that the media should spin it round. And people moving here from the commonwealth practically saved our economy - look at how many doctors there are in the NHS, for instance. people too often focus on the negatives rather than appreciating that without immigration we would be ****ed.

3)
most of the undeserving scum ARE the British. this can be seen in benefit claims, educational achievement etc - infact, most ethnic minorities such as Asians massively outperform british students in every stage of education.

4)The whole idea of making britian british is a bit childish - multiculturalism has been a part of british culture for a good 50 years now, and if you cant deal with it, then frankly i think i would prefer if you left.

well spoken... thankfully a fellow educated person knows what theyre talking about... another point to highlight nationaly theyre is about 4% of asians the wierd thing is they contribute for 6% percent of the economy and constitute a minute figure for homelessness i love my friends from different backgrounds theyre so cool and their parents are so hard working... maybe abit too much but nevertheless they are a haven for the economy.
that famous polish doctor who is a cleaner in this nation. again another example of hard work and not being fussy.

anyway good post
joebro
oh and one more thing more sikhs fought for ther UK in WW2 than those who volunteered from scotland wales and england.
:smile: agian well done
Original post by tbm
There is more to this story than the BBC article actually states. There has been bad feeling towards the mosque since it was built, due to the circumstances in how the land was acquired.

I am not condoning these actions at all because its a despicable thing to do, but it was only going to be a matter of time before something like this happened.

post some links?
Reply 27

if you read the story, it says the fire was small and caused no real damage to the building. right?

i only left religion because i feel that a book written 1600 years ago should have no affect on the way i behave, eat, drink, and think. if you want to be dictated to then fine by me, just don't tell me I'm in the wrong for believing in the origin of the universe and evolution, which are both pretty much facts.

Evolution and the origin or the universe are theories not facts. It is your choice if you believe or not. The Qu'ran is 1400 years old and if you have the time to read some it's miracles then please do. It has many 'facts' and 'scientific' proofs in it if that's what you need to have faith in something.
Reply 28

Oh but we also believe the universe began in a big bang and that evolution actually occurs.
pricks
Evolution and the origin or the universe are theories not facts. It is your choice if you believe or not. The Qu'ran is 1400 years old and if you have the time to read some it's miracles then please do. It has many 'facts' and 'scientific' proofs in it if that's what you need to have faith in something.

at this point i would argue with you, but i have a severe hangover from last night, and will just finish by saying that alot of religious people are VERY closed minded and tend to brush of facts. well done for proving my point and enjoy the restof your life being dictated to by a book.
Original post by Broderss
You're correct, but thanks to retards in government, retards in the police force, and the retarded EU the white man has no rights and every other race/culture/class of person not from this country is treated a million times better than any one person should. I'm surprised all Muslims in this country don't have a free house in Kensington already... :colonhash:

This is why this country needs a revolution. Kick out all the undeserving scum and make Britain British again.

I dont see how that is relavent to this incident? Or is it just some pathetic attempt at trying to justify this attack?
Reply 32
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
post some links?

Here are some links for anyone interested.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Mosque-community-centre-plan-unveiled/article-656852-detail/article.html

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/parking-spaces-planned-new-Hanley-mosque-community-centre-plans-replaced/article-2169462-detail/article.html

By the way before anyone starts saying I am racist, anti Muslim or whatever, I am just posting the links. It makes no difference to me either way.
Reply 33
at this point i would argue with you, but i have a severe hangover from last night, and will just finish by saying that alot of religious people are VERY closed minded and tend to brush of facts. well done for proving my point and enjoy the restof your life being dictated to by a book.

Religious people are not close minded. Why don't you do some research and find out all about the science in the Qu'ran then talk?

Here's a link : www.quranmiracles.org

Sorry but nobody really cares about your life here. Go publish a book or something. This thread is about arson and not the personal convictions of air-ninety-one.
Religious people are not close minded. Why don't you do some research and find out all about the science in the Qu'ran then talk?

Here's a link : www.quranmiracles.org

yes of course! i mean, a website called quranmiracles would in no way be biased and in favour of the quran. that would be ridiculous. why not go on a science website, or even watch evolution documentaries on the bbc or even youtube. please let's just leave it at that.

no more pointless arguing. it's not like ypur ever going to listen to me anyway
Reply 36
Well, no surpise, it's tabloids and some broadsheets that jump on the bandwagon at times that feed hate. The PCC that should be regulating the media is pathetic, http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/12/muslims-and-daily-star.html
Original post by Mujeriego
Sorry but nobody really cares about your life here. Go publish a book or something. This thread is about arson and not the personal convictions of air-ninety-one.

i wasn't speaking to you... so why did you get involved. it's obvious you believe iin religion and so you wanted to prove how dominant your are on this forum. if it soothes your ego, then you my friend, are the grwatest person ever.
Reply 38
Original post by fire2burn
Brainless extremists... there's enough on both sides.

Stick them in a boxing ring together, it'd make for good television.

Where was the mention of Muslim extremists in that article??
Original post by page_down
Where was the mention of Muslim extremists in that article??

There doesn't need to be a mention of it. The fact is there is brainless extremists on both sides. Or are you going to deny that both sides don't have their fair share of extremists?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending