The Student Room Group

Gay bar alone

Split up from my girlfriend of 4 years about two months ago, she was basically someone who I thought was "the one", but it ended pretty badly. Anyhow, I've always been bisexual but never been with a guy. When I was with my gf I had no need to act on it, now i'm single again i'm really curious.

I'm in London and i'm really tempted to just go out to a bar alone and pick up a guy, but I wouldn't know where to go/ where to start. Is this just a really bad idea? Nobody knows im bi- apart from my ex ( I told her after we split), all of my housemates are away for the weekend too, seems opportune.
Reply 1
anybody?
I've been thinking about doing the same thing lately, but like you have no idea where to start.
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];28774757']I've been thinking about doing the same thing lately, but like you have no idea where to start.

Ever heard of Canal Street, pal? Not that I have, as a straight man... :K:
Original post by Addzter
Ever heard of Canal Street, pal? Not that I have, as a straight man... :K:

I walked there once on a Saturday night, it was filled with middle-aged camp guys as far as I could see, I thought I'd never "fit in". :s-smilie:
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];28774979']I walked there once on a Saturday night, it was filled with middle-aged camp guys as far as I could see, I thought I'd never "fit in". :s-smilie:

Gross.
Reply 6
Try finding a LBGT group near you? That way you might learn about the gay scene in your area.
Reply 7
It don't know where to start physically or conversationally. hmm?
Reply 8
Original post by soup
Try finding a LBGT group near you? That way you might learn about the gay scene in your area.

I want to try it (a guy) out, rather than discuss things lol.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

But you'll meet people there who might help you in finding gay bars/clubs.
Original post by Anonymous

http://www.mancentral.com/
Reply 11
If it's just about hooking up with someone for sex, go online! Dont waste your time in bars.
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];28774979']I walked there once on a Saturday night, it was filled with middle-aged camp guys as far as I could see, I thought I'd never "fit in". :s-smilie:

what's wrong with being middle-aged and camp? I hate the stereotypes men have forced upon them. They're either too *womanly* or too laddish and *intimidating*. Men just can't win.

What is your big problem with people being themselves?
If you just wanna hook up and try it, then try a dating site like plenty of fish then search for people just wanting to do same in your area

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending