The Student Room Group

what do you think when people use gay,faggot,queer as insult

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joshgold17
lol in a homophobic way or not

way homo :e
"If you think "gay" is insult, maybe you should just Jew off and stop being so bloody black about it!"
- Simon Amstell :awesome:
Reply 42
Original post by Skoji
Wait, WHAT? Are you actually trying to claim that heterosexuals are discriminated against?

umm quoted the wrong thing? because that has no correlation with my post
The first thing that pops up in my head is that the person using the words is probably a tad immature.
I often call other people and things gay. Also there are some people I'd happily call fags, none of them being homosexual though.
Original post by adam0311
If you said gay boy in the US someone would just assume that your gay for saying that.

"'Homo" and "fag" are the most common here IMO. "Gay" is used more as an adjective (i.e "wow that was gay"). "Faggot" is only used on call of duty.

That would probably be the sole reason I couldn't go to America; I'd constantly be getting dodgy looks every time I say "Back in a sec, need a fag".
Don't think I've ever said faggot to anyone. Queer maybe a few times. I occasionally refer to something or someone as gay or "ghey".

I've done my share of homosexual stuff though, so it's not for homophobic reasons. Just for a laugh.
Reply 47
Original post by RabbitCFH
I often call other people and things gay. Also there are some people I'd happily call fags, none of them being homosexual though.

but dont you think thats being anti homosexual
but dont you think thats being anti homosexual

No I dont.
Reply 49
Original post by RabbitCFH
No I dont.

so do you think that makes young gay people when their in the closet comfortable.when they hear this language they prob think everyone hates them.
and do you think homophobias ok
Reply 50
Original post by air-ninety-one
way homo :e

well your a muslim so prob in a homophobic way
Reply 51
i call my friends gayboys :frown: i never thought about it being offensive cos tbh i'd never use it as an insult? seems like calling a gay person 'you're so gay' would be like saying to me, 'you're so straight'? i feel bad now though :frown: maybe i should think up new petnames, ha.
Reply 52
OP is a gay,faggot,queer
Reply 53
Original post by Diaz89
OP is a gay,faggot,queer

yes i am and proud
and your a homophobe :smile:
well your a muslim so prob in a homophobic way

im not a muslim :confused:, fully anti-thiest
I use the word gay as a habit from growing up, I guess.
Reply 56
Original post by Blueflare
"If you think "gay" is insult, maybe you should just Jew off and stop being so bloody black about it!"
- Simon Amstell :awesome:

Ah. I wanted to use that joke. :frown:
Reply 57
I'm gay and I use all of the above insults. I don't exactly come across as a big mincer walking down the street so not many people have shouted gay boy homo or faggot at me just because of my appearance/personality.

I personally agree that if it is used with no malicious intent then sure, fine, whatever. It's just a word after all...a string of randomly chosen letters whichwe have chosen to label something as. If one doesn't care about these labels, then everyone doesn't care.
Reply 58
This thread is gay by the way.
Reply 59
Original post by air-ninety-one
im not a muslim :confused:, fully anti-thiest

oh are you homophobic then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending