The Student Room Group

In Scottish Medical School, will they care about what's happening in NHS England?

Like during interview if they ask you about issues facing the NHS.. will it matter if you mention things about NHS in England since Scotland has a seperate NHS? I've been on BBC Health but literally all the articles relate to NHS in England.. can't find Scottish related ones :s-smilie: Help! And can someone give me a link to issues facing NHS scotland please? Thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by ChoccyLovaa
Like during interview if they ask you about issues facing the NHS.. will it matter if you mention things about NHS in England since Scotland has a seperate NHS? I've been on BBC Health but literally all the articles relate to NHS in England.. can't find Scottish related ones :s-smilie: Help! And can someone give me a link to issues facing NHS scotland please? Thanks. :biggrin:

Try bbc.co.uk/local and click on the Scotland link.

I suppose they would but since Scotland has a devolved government. They care more about what's happening in Holyrod than in Westminster.
Reply 2
They will understand that you have a different background, and as long as you place the issues that affect NHS England in a decent context it shouldn't change the relevance of your points. :smile:
Most of the big issues that affect NHS England affect NHS Scotland too. However, you could read up on Scotland-specific policies, such as the proposal to remove prescription charges from April 2011, and End of Life (Scotland) Bill. We also don't really use NICE, as we have SIGN guidelines.
Reply 4
Original post by ChoccyLovaa

This is by far the biggest problem facing the the NHS and people generally in Scotland at the moment:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10283469

I think this could be very relevant if you were talking about the NHS or the health of people in Scotland in general.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending