The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Roxas13
That presenter wasn't even giving the muslim guy a chance to speak. The muslim said that islam doesn't condone terrorism and the presenter didn't even take that point into account. It's small, extremist groups that commit terrorism much like the IRA. So what are you going to do now, brand all the Catholics terrorists? And nice try picking me up on a small technicality, unfortunately that doesn't back up your argument.

who said I was making an argument, all I done was load up as video? :confused:

The muslim guy said that Islam doesn't condone terrorism, then the radio guy put him on hold and replied so that he doesn't get interupted.

Anyway, I notice how you are quick to attack me and the radio presenter, but not address any of the points that the radio person mentioned.
Reply 21
Radio DJ makes some good points.
Reply 22
Original post by mathperson
so you think that me pointing out the difference between race and religion is a technicality lol :rolleyes: ?

Ofcourse I heard what the DJ said, did you, if not why don't you stop attacking me for loading up a video which simply highlights some truths (or perhaps they are truths that you don't want highlighted, and that is why you are attacking me? :wink: )

Ye because a Radio DJ who consitently stopped the other side from talking, got owned himself in one sentence by the guy.

AND

Basically said in his first major few sentences that all muslims bomb people and shoot people etc, which is the most stupid ignorant generalisation and stereotyping i have ever heard..

Yet you still try to defend someone who clearly knows nothing about the actual issue so instead of having a valid arguement he pushes the bother side out thus leading to a very biased radio interview?
Reply 23
Original post by lm_wfc
radio presenter got owned really.
he said ill make a statement and tell me where im wrong.
muslim proved him wrong in one sentence.

and e cant pronounce muslim right

oh really? well what did he say to prove him wrong then?
Reply 24
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Radio presenter is spot on.

What language is that in your signature?
Reply 25
Presenter is a knob. :facepalm:
Reply 26
Oh, looks like we (the non-muslims) have got it all wrong again, and that the muslim was the victim, poor guy.

(notice how no muslim so far has posted on this thread to address any of the points the DJ made, unsurprisingly).
Reply 27
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
so you think that me pointing out the difference between race and religion is a technicality lol :rolleyes: ?

Ofcourse I heard what the DJ said, did you, if not why don't you stop attacking me for loading up a video which simply highlights some truths (or perhaps they are truths that you don't want highlighted, and that is why you are attacking me? :wink: )

you attempting to point out the difference between "racism" and "bigotry" is a technicality when you knew perfectly well what they meant.

don't be a dick. the DJ was making huge generalisation - equivalent to me saying "all roman catholics are butt****ers* - or is that just a truth you don't want highlighted?

and anyway, there is a difference between a real muslim and a person who does things in the name of islam.

(and before anyone says anything, i'm not muslim, not even by birth.)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mr. Orange
sweden in a mess, what a shame, used to be one of the most desirable places on earth, but clearly it is full of intolerant people on both sides.

For what it's worth, he's not the voice of Sweden, nor the Swedish people (he certainly doesn't speak on behalf of me.)

He sounds like a thug.
Oh, looks like we (the non-muslims) have got it all wrong again, and that the muslim was the victim, poor guy.

(notice how no muslim so far has posted on this thread to address any of the points the DJ made, unsurprisingly).

Because he makes non-existent points. The Quran does not advocate killing babies, killing girls, killing innocent civilians without provocation, killing teachers, killing tourists, killing missionaries. Where did the DJ this idea from, what verses or passages did he use to justify his ludicrious claims. The fact you support that bigot shows your a Islamphobe and most likely racist.

What points? He didn't 'make' any credible points. What point he made clear was that's he's an uneducated moron.

He's generalising. How can a whole religion, and followers of said religion, be accountable for the actions of others (who so happen to 'follow' the religion too).
Reply 32
What a ****.
Reply 33
Original post by digistar_100
Your a racist and an Islamphobe. Ive seen you many times trying to troll on here and when you get a satisfying response, you continue to press with the questions when theyve already been answered.

Not all of them. I've seen you make this claim a lot of times, but do you really expect someone to accept certain answers when they are illogical or nonsensical? :wink2:
Reply 34
Original post by theths
you attempting to point out the difference between "racism" and "bigotry" is a technicality when you knew perfectly well what they meant.

don't be a dick. the DJ was making huge generalisation - equivalent to me saying "all roman catholics are butt****ers* - or is that just a truth you don't want highlighted?

and anyway, there is a difference between a real muslim and a person who does things in the name of islam.

(and before anyone says anything, i'm not muslim, not even by birth.)

Please stop trying to use my sentences because you want to come back with something that sounds intelligent, but can't think of anything else.

Anyway, I never said anything about bigotry lol, I said simply that religion is different to race.

He wasn't making generalisations at all. He mentioned things that happen everyday around the world that muslims are involved with, in order to criticise someone for what they have done wrong, you do not need to make a list of things that other people might not have done, saying that you do is simply a way of not taking responsibility and a way of trying to shift attention.

So you say that someone who does something in the name of Islam is not a real muslim? So you are admitting that the things that the radio presenter is saying is right? Gosh, that is a huge generalisation :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
How can the Dj say anything about Israel when they commit the most heinous crimes since the holocaust. Pathetic attempt to sound affective FAIL!
The radio host is so ignorant, firstly he doesn't even let the caller speak properly or even defend his argument, "western so called permissive society", secondly don't brand a few actions of people as the WHOLE community of Muslims... Just because some white people believe in KKK and burn black children alive doesn't mean all white people want to this and doesn't mean we have to "eradicate" the western/white community for this.

Ps the geezer is probably a Zionist*
What a ****ing idiot.
"You don't have a word of condemnation about these acts!"
"As a Muslim, i'm most definitely outraged by those acts"
"WELL YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ISLAM!"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by WhereIsMyMind
What points? He didn't 'make' any credible points. What point he made clear was that's he's an uneducated moron.

He's generalising. How can a whole religion, and followers of said religion, be accountable for the actions of others (who so happen to 'follow' the religion too).

What do you mean he didn't make any credible points, everything he said was true lol.

If you want to brand anyone who stands up for what is right, and hold people accountable for what they have done wrong uneducated, then so be it, but this is a free country and a democracy and people will stand up for what they believe regardless of whether they are branded racist by people who don't accept responsibility (and people who don't know the difference between race and religion).
Original post by S-man10
I'm astounded by the number of people who think islam is a "race."

And I'm astounded by the number of people who think they are etymological experts by constantly pointing out the obvious to derail the thread. Let's not forget the people who fail to capitalise basic nouns whilst picking on others' mistakes either. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending