The Student Room Group

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cicerao
But they are helping by raising awareness!

(= getting someone else to donate, so you don't have to! :awesome:)

OK, I accept some people just doing it to raise awareness and aren't taking themselves too seriously and that's fine. But i'm talking about those self satisfied dicks up on their high horses with a smug "im making the world a better place" look on their faces, the type of people who will look down on anyone not changing their profile pictures. *****.
Reply 141
Original post by supernova92
Now you're just entering the debate of which charities deserve more help, which ones are more worthy etc.
Who are you, to tell people where to donate their money?

Well for everyone who is doing this 'campaign' the worthy one is whichever is being a paraded round fb.

This is simply an advertising method, and it's not even by the charity, so hence, no logo.

Oh im sure the 5% that just giving takes on top of charities admin fees is well deserved indeed. A much more worthy cause than taking the many charities suggested facebook awareness pictures so they can sort out the funds themselves. Perhaps they set it up themselves seeing as they can make a nice profit?

As i said before: the fact that so many more people are involved, and talking about it and whatnot, means that inevitably, more money nad awareness has been raised...

Your missing my point.. if someone felt deeply enough about something they would not wait for a fake campaign to come along and donate a fiver and change their profile picture. They would do this every day because it means something to them.

What if this was a different charity, would you still hold your views then?

Well its not for a proper charity like you said about lol, i would leave the issue alone if it wasn't such a self satisfying facade and dealt with something real, much like the many adverts and campaigns and documentaries around that most people dont care about because they are eating their dinner or just busy.
Reply 142
Original post by should be revising
OK, I accept some people just doing it to raise awareness and aren't taking themselves too seriously and that's fine. But i'm talking about those self satisfied dicks up on their high horses with a smug "im making the world a better place" look on their faces, the type of people who will look down on anyone not changing their profile pictures. *****.

lol yeah, I was being sarcastic, I agree with you. (y)
Reply 143
Original post by theths
the charity is now a tenner richer.

Showing off generosity again lol, it just never ends. :awesome:
Original post by Cicerao
lol yeah, I was being sarcastic, I agree with you. (y)

Oh, sorry haha, sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the internet. :colondollar:
Original post by electriic_ink
You clearly have never bought a poppy before because that's exactly what you have to do to get one -- BUY it.

Good point but i'm still right. :p:
Reply 146
Original post by should be revising
Oh, sorry haha, sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the internet. :colondollar:

Since we're so like-minded, perhaps you could join my campaign?

Change your Facebook profile picture to your normal profile photo and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday (December 6), there should be no cartoons on Facebook, but an invasion of human faces. This is a campaign to stop violence against children, cancer, AIDS, and it will also prevent 100 African orphans from dying. Also, you will help cheer up sad kittens.

Hell yeah generosity. :sexface:
Original post by insignificant
So am I! She was the BEST

I KNOW I wanted to be Jonny Bravo first, but quite a few of my friends had already taken him :frown: My next choice was Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory :cool:
Original post by RabbitCFH
It doesn't. It's like wearing a poppy on the Remembrance Day. You show you care.

Oh cool.
I show I care by donating a few quid a month
Original post by Holly Hiskey
Oh cool.
I show I care by donating a few quid a month

You're just a woman with a small brain, you won't take me down.
Ok so I should be giving them money. But I can barely afford to eat.

So Chuckie from Rugrats it is!
You're just a woman with a small brain, you won't take me down.

Oh really?
LOL
Original post by Holly Hiskey
Oh really?
LOL

It's science.
Batfink :biggrin:
Gay
After a close contest between Ash from Pokemon and Sailor Moon, I went with Ash. Cow and Chicken were already taken on my friends list. :frown:
It's science.

Cool. At least I manage to donate to charity in a meaningful way... lol
I changed mine to the snowman :p:

Lol @ people actually arguing over this
I've changed mine to William Wish Wellington :smile:.

On the donation form on the question where it asks what prompted you to donate one of the options is 'Facebook'; the NSPCC must be anticipating some sort of influx of donations because campaigns like this raise awareness.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending