500 minutes (anytime, any network)
5000 texts
1GB internet
5000 Three-to-Three minutes
Voicemail
2 months Free Spotify Premium
Free PAYG SIM for a friend
Free Twitter

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=24TX50D142&ID=1184&HTCDesireHD

If you can live with not many minutes, then this is for you (or if you have many friends on skype)
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!

Ultra Keyboard &lt;3

desire HD for £35 (free handset)

500 minutes (anytime, any network)
5000 texts
1GB internet
Voicemail
2 months Free Spotify Premium
Free Twitter

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=24TX50D142&amp;ID=1184&amp;HTCDesireHD

If you can live with not many minutes, then this is for you (or if you have many friends on skype)

Lol did they actually just put 'Free Twitter' :facepalm2:

Doesn't matter, I'll be ordering my DHD either tonight or most likely tomorrow from T-mobile. They gave me :

35 @ months
18 months
Free phone
unlimited Internet
600 minutes

PS do you have the DHD?
Original post by yoyo462001
Lol did they actually just put 'Free Twitter' :facepalm2:

Doesn't matter, I'll be ordering my DHD either tonight or most likely tomorrow from T-mobile. They gave me :

35 @ months
18 months
Free phone
unlimited Internet
600 minutes

PS do you have the DHD?

Nah Just the normal desire.

or if u wanted a normal desire at £30

2000 minutes (anytime, any network)
5000 texts
1GB internet
Voicemail
6 months Free Spotify Premium
T3 recommended apps - Google Maps, Angry Birds, Advanced Task Killer

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=24ONEPD087

I got my desire - £10. 24months. 500mins. Unltd texts and Unltd Internet (actually capped at 2GB) :biggrin: Because of a loyalty discount :wink:

Nah Just the normal desire.

or if u wanted a normal desire at £30

2000 minutes (anytime, any network)
5000 texts
1GB internet
Voicemail
6 months Free Spotify Premium
T3 recommended apps - Google Maps, Angry Birds, Advanced Task Killer

http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=24ONEPD087

I got my desire - £10. 24months. 500mins. Unltd texts and Unltd Internet (actually capped at 2GB) :biggrin: Because of a loyalty discount :wink:

I don't use spotify so that wouldn't really sway me. 10 a month, that's crazy :eek2:
I saw the DHD on the bus the other day. I was like :redface:.

Still another month or two before I can upgrade.
Original post by yoyo462001
I don't use spotify so that wouldn't really sway me. 10 a month, that's crazy :eek2:

:sexface: I know its crazy. Loyalty discount gets me 20 quid off.
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
I saw the DHD on the bus the other day. I was like :redface:.

Still another month or two before I can upgrade.

I decided I couldn't wait anymore, Virgin are getting theirs mid January. I also felt the new dual cores would add little to the overall experience. The next big phone would have been Samsungs new one and to be honest I don't want touch wiz and it'll take at least a few months to get a CN mod or a decent stable mod out so i'd be looking at a stable awesome UI around May-ish. And lets be real theirs only two manufacturers I'll get Android from HTC or Samsung :p:
Hi,
I'm kind of confused by all the info regarding smartphones. Can someone recommend me an android phone with good memory, CPU, battery life and a good camera please? There's too much information! Is the HTC Desire good?
Original post by purplesky

Original post by purplesky
Hi,
I'm kind of confused by all the info regarding smartphones. Can someone recommend me an android phone with good memory, CPU, battery life and a good camera please? There's too much information! Is the HTC Desire good?

HTC Desire is the best all around Android phone for the masses.
Reply 2609
Original post by silent ninja
I've had it a week (well, this replacement 2 days).
I'd recommend you install the HTC keyboard. The inbuilt ones aren't great and the Android one doesn't even have a dictionary! Accuracy is so much better.

I installed Launcher Pro as well. Looks much better without all that Orange junk :smile: It runs quicker too. My homescreens are a little bare atm.

Yep, I've got both of them installed already :biggrin: What ROM are you using? I was using the flb 2.2 but one day whilst I was out the touch screen became unresponsive in the lock screen. I had to turn off and turn on the phone to get it to work again. It was a good ROM, but that little hiccup was enough to downgrade to the debranded 2.1 Oranage ROM. The new 2.2 ROM by Paul is in development. I tried the aplha r2 version and it made my phone so much faster it's unbelievable. Can't wait for the final version, but for now I'm still sticking with the stable Orange 2.1 debranded ROM.

Btw, I switched to giffgaff today and I recommend you do to. You can port your old number. Just take a took on their site.
(edited 13 years ago)
:sexface: I know its crazy. Loyalty discount gets me 20 quid off.

I think im on that... I got £180 Comet Vouchers

but i cant get the DHD, ive still got 10 months on my contract to go :frown:
Anyone know any good tricks with Orange to get them to up your text allowance? I've been with them around a week and used 1000 texts already with a 3000 fair usage allowance.. opps?
Original post by itsmyname
I think im on that... I got £180 Comet Vouchers

but i cant get the DHD, ive still got 10 months on my contract to go :frown:

i got 22 months left......

My £20 loyalty is from three themselves. I've had the contract for like 3 years now, and they got me a new phone - the desire for staying with them so long, and tied me into 24 months :biggrin:
Original post by Disconfigured
Anyone know any good tricks with Orange to get them to up your text allowance? I've been with them around a week and used 1000 texts already with a 3000 fair usage allowance.. opps?

Well since you're on Android why not take advantage of one of those free messaging apps? Not sure which one's good though :redface:

Tell them that you use a lot of texts and ask them if there is a way of increasing the 3000 fair usage allowance.

I assum that the 3000 fair usage allowance is on unltd texts?

Also isn't 1000 texts a bit obssesive over a week? Use something like whatsapp, WLM, or whatever.
Tell them that you use a lot of texts and ask them if there is a way of increasing the 3000 fair usage allowance.

I assum that the 3000 fair usage allowance is on unltd texts?

Also isn't 1000 texts a bit obssesive over a week? Use something like whatsapp, WLM, or whatever.

Yeah it's unlimited but fair usage.
I have whatsapp but you have to be connected to the internet.. which doesn't really help me much 'cause internet uses my battery like anything.
& it isn't obsessive.. i'm just a quick texter and my repliers are quick to reply :wink:
Yeah it's unlimited but fair usage.
I have whatsapp but you have to be connected to the internet.. which doesn't really help me much 'cause internet uses my battery like anything.
& it isn't obsessive.. i'm just a quick texter and my repliers are quick to reply :wink:

Lucky you.

Whatsapp doesn't take that much internet. It's only active when either you send a message or someone sends a message to you. e.g. its like gmail. It's always in the background though.
Lucky you.

Whatsapp doesn't take that much internet. It's only active when either you send a message or someone sends a message to you. e.g. its like gmail. It's always in the background though.

Not really lucky when you send far too many messages a week/month!

It isn't internet I'm worried about, I get 500MB and I use wifi at home.. it's my battery which just goes.. within a couple hours it's already down 30%.
Not really lucky when you send far too many messages a week/month!

It isn't internet I'm worried about, I get 500MB and I use wifi at home.. it's my battery which just goes.. within a couple hours it's already down 30%.

:redface: last option is to ring them.
Original post by RedGuy
Yep, I've got both of them installed already :biggrin: What ROM are you using? I was using the flb 2.2 but one day whilst I was out the touch screen became unresponsive in the lock screen. I had to turn off and turn on the phone to get it to work again. It was a good ROM, but that little hiccup was enough to downgrade to the debranded 2.1 Oranage ROM. The new 2.2 ROM by Paul is in development. I tried the aplha r2 version and it made my phone so much faster it's unbelievable. Can't wait for the final version, but for now I'm still sticking with the stable Orange 2.1 debranded ROM.

Btw, I switched to giffgaff today and I recommend you do to. You can port your old number. Just take a took on their site.

All the 2.2 ROMs seem to have one bug or another so I'm just using the popular modaco R4 2.1 ROM. Works fine and I'm pleased with it.
I get 2gb internet with 3 and I use most of the 2000 3-3 minutes, so atm that's the best deal for me.

Problems with this phone
- crap music player (too much noise/interference)
- poor camera/video recording
- slow at intensive tasks like multiple windows, pinch-to-zoom and opening the media Gallery. can be laggy with games too like Angry Birds
- notifications light only comes on when you bring the phone out of sleep

Anyway, it's a ~£250 phone for £99 (actually £79 yesterday) so it's still one of the best phones of the year imo and the positives far outweigh the minor faults. The quality of the screen is amazing and it has a very responsive touchscreen. The built quality is very good too. I bought it as a temporary phone and I'm quite happy with it now until the next generation phones come out in 6 months.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending