The Student Room Group

Can you go into clearing if you choose your firm?

Im predicted BBC. If by some chance a miracle happened and I got ABB... could I ignore my firm choice and go into clearing, choosing a more respectable uni?
Reply 1
You can ask them to release you I think and there's no point in them refusing. I think you go into a thing called adjustment if you have higher grades though. Not really an expert though - but I'm sure there must be dozens of wikis which answer you qu and Minerva is who you really want to ask (she's some kind of UCAS legend person that pops up a lot)
Original post by foreignersuite
Im predicted BBC. If by some chance a miracle happened and I got ABB... could I ignore my firm choice and go into clearing, choosing a more respectable uni?

You have to contact them to release you, at which point you enter Clearing. Risky, because there's no guarantee of Clearing working, but you don't get answers unless you're officially in it. Theoretically, they can refuse ... but are unlikely to.

You can also look into Adjustment in this case.
Reply 3
Original post by foreignersuite

if you exceed your predicted grades you'll be eligible for adjustment- basically trading up your place. a button will appear on your track on results day if this is the case but that of course depends on availability of places.
Reply 4
Yes, but you're not going to find any really respectable universities in Clearing (not when you have home fee status, anyway).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending