The Student Room Group

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children

Scroll to see replies

Original post by juliewho
I'm perry the platypus (H)

I'm Ferb :smile:
Reply 161
Original post by Guvnor
It's a campaign to stop violence against children. If you don't want to take part that's fine, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others like myself who would like to take part for these kids, not much of a bid deal to change your profile pic now is it ?

To show appreciation to those kids out there, that someone somewhere cares :smile: just my two cents.

Its thoughtful, but it changes nothing. If anything it will have a negative impact; people can feel they've done a good thing without actually having to part with any money which is really all the NSPCC needs. If everyone that changes their picture donates a couple of quid thats brilliant. If not, it may as well not have happened. :dontknow:
Original post by polaroid13
SNAP! Actually I put up a pic of both of them.

Yeah, I changed it to both of them after about 5 minutes of Belle heh.

I love the Beast...it's probably my favourite Disney film actually :biggrin:
Apart from the picture thing isn't reeeeaally changing anything, it's just a way for people to feel good about themselves while actually doing nothing :o:
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Oh crap, I thought I'd run away from you! I'm Gatomon btw. :lol:

Haha, just stay in my good books and no harm will come to you :wink:
I changed mine to tommy and chuckie from Rugrats.
Original post by darkwolf0139
Haha, just stay in my good books and no harm will come to you :wink:

Awww. Why do you get the pizza while I get the crust? (Digimon quote. :L) Yeah, the Digidestined are none to happy with you, just saying. Better watch out. :biggrin:
Original post by Guvnor
I changed mine for this campaign to a pic of Simba from lion king :smile:

He's way better :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Emmie3303
I've changed mine to William Wish Wellington :smile:.

On the donation form on the question where it asks what prompted you to donate one of the options is 'Facebook'; the NSPCC must be anticipating some sort of influx of donations because campaigns like this raise awareness.

Oh, hey again. :biggrin: Haven't seen you in a while. :lol:

William Wish Wellington is amazing, I love him. :biggrin:
Original post by chipskylark
I'm Ferb :smile:

FERB!!! Love. He should talk more. We need more of Thomas Sangsters voice! :lol: This thread is making me realise how tragic I really am...*thinks* Nah, I'm ok with it.
Awww. Why do you get the pizza while I get the crust? (Digimon quote. :L) Yeah, the Digidestined are none to happy with you, just saying. Better watch out. :biggrin:

Never watched season 5 :/ After 4, it kinda went downhill.
Don't even think of going all angewomon on me or I'm whipping out the belt.
Never watched season 5 :/ After 4, it kinda went downhill.
Don't even think of going all angewomon on me or I'm whipping out the belt.

Oh no, it was the end of season 1, I think. It was a really, really weird episode. Potentially season 2. I thought it went downhill after the epicness of series 2 so I stopped after that. And it vanished from my TV as well. :L

Ha, go ahead, try it. I've got friends, what do you have, you loser? :eek: :lol:
FERB!!! Love. He should talk more. We need more of Thomas Sangsters voice! :lol: This thread is making me realise how tragic I really am...*thinks* Nah, I'm ok with it.

Yes he so should! I love his voice so much. Every episode I wait for him to say something :smile: It's literally the best cartoon ever!
...I realise how sad this makes me sound but I don't care.
Reply 173
Simba as your profile pic? Be original OP.
I'm using Zippy from Rainbow.

:love:
Oh no, it was the end of season 1, I think. It was a really, really weird episode. Potentially season 2. I thought it went downhill after the epicness of series 2 so I stopped after that. And it vanished from my TV as well. :L

Ha, go ahead, try it. I've got friends, what do you have, you loser? :eek: :lol:

It was? Oh right, I'm in the mood to watch them all again now. Tamers was ok and I kinda liked the different format of Frontiers but I gave up after that. I just watched those two on the internet because they didn't come on tv anymore :frown:

Oh no missy, you did not just go there. I have quite a lot of friends tyvm such as Skullmeramon, demidevimon, Mammothmon, DarkTyrannomon, Megaseadramon, Raremon and many more :P
Original post by chipskylark
Yes he so should! I love his voice so much. Every episode I wait for him to say something :smile: It's literally the best cartoon ever!
...I realise how sad this makes me sound but I don't care.

Thatt's the same reason I watch it! He only has like, 2 lines per episode, and every time it gets to his line my family always make a racket. It's awful. :lol: It doesn't make you sad, it makes you brilliant. :lol: I thought it was just me.
It was? Oh right, I'm in the mood to watch them all again now. Tamers was ok and I kinda liked the different format of Frontiers but I gave up after that. I just watched those two on the internet because they didn't come on tv anymore :frown:

Oh no missy, you did not just go there. I have quite a lot of friends tyvm such as Skullmeramon, demidevimon, Mammothmon, DarkTyrannomon, Megaseadramon, Raremon and many more :P

I have TK, and my big brother Tai. Do you wanna mess with them? :lol: And all of the others. I have a big support base. :tongue: My brother found them all on the internet a while ago and I got totally addicted again. It was pretty worrying. But now all the links I've got are useless cos the videos got deleted. Stupid Youtube, there was 204 episodes from series 1 &2 there!!
Reply 178
i changed mine to gambit and rogue form the xmen :-D it was gonna be either hong kong phooey (my stepmum did that though) or velma from scooby doo (friend did that one) but chose to go with one my friends didnt have :smile:
Reply 179
my fb display has been (red) since december 1st http://www.joinred.com/word_aids_day/index.html
think it's safe to say, something a little more legit... JOIN RED :biggrin:
i know most people understand that it won't make a difference at all and are just doing it for fun but it still shocks me to see how many are actually falling for it ha. and i see nothing on NSPCC website!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending