The Student Room Group

Exes at weddings?

Just something I'd like to hear opinions about...

My boyfriend went to his ex girlfriend's wedding the other day (she's an ex from years ago). A couple of people I know thought it was really bizarre and said they would never have ex-lovers at their wedding.

Also, strangely enough, the bride (his ex) wouldnt introduce him to her new husband and she felt it would be awkward (why invite him then?).

Do you see any issues with exes at weddings?
If he has been a good friend of hers since the break-up I don't see why it would be weird. Or he just didn't want to offend her by turning down her invitation.
Original post by Antonia87
Also, strangely enough, the bride (his ex) wouldnt introduce him to her new husband and she felt it would be awkward (why invite him then?).

Do you see any issues with exes at weddings?

:iiam: That's rather odd.

If the two people remain friends then I don't see the issue. I'd introduce her as my friend, not my ex who gave excellent blowjobs.
(edited 13 years ago)
Mmm exes at weddings...
well..its like "This could have been us, but it isn't"
Pretty akward tbh
Reply 4
Original post by ithoughtofthis
Mmm exes at weddings...
well..its like "This could have been us, but it isn't"
Pretty akward tbh

Haha yeah or "look at who I was shagging before you".
I doubt I'd care to be honest.
Reply 6
Just look at Ted's wedding to Stella from How I Met Your Mother. Don't do it.

I'd say if it was ever anywhere near a serious relationship, don't invite them. I don't think I'd go to an ex's wedding even if we did remain good friends after that - unless his wife is totally cool with me.
Reply 7
Just look at Ross's wedding to Emily from Friends. Don't do it.
If my boyfriend invited his ex to our wedding, there would be no wedding for him to invite her to. Of course, this applies to all of his ex's and none of mine, because I'm a perfectly rational female where weddings are concerned...
Original post by Becca-Sarah
If my boyfriend invited his ex to our wedding, there would be no wedding for him to invite her to. Of course, this applies to all of his ex's and none of mine, because I'm a perfectly rational female where weddings are concerned...

I went to a wedding where an ex was invited - he sat with the group of us 'friends from the uni course'. It was great fun, and as a result my conclusion would be 'never invite the ex':eek: No one signs a 'confidentiality clause' before they enter into a romantic relationship.
Depends on whether they dumped you or you dumped them :wink:
My husband is best friends with his ex, and she came to our wedding.
(She's the most stupid woman in existence, it's like talking to a brick, but anyway.....)

She brought her (then) boyfriend, who we both kinda knew through her, and during our wedding reception she announced grandly that they had gotten engaged. Blatantly trying to steal the thunder there, but rather amusingly everybody was just like "erm yeh ok whatever" and walked off.

Then she spent the rest of the reception half undressing in a corner whilst snogging the face off her boyfriend. It was kind of gross really and everybody just ignored her.

She was acting kind of psycho really, she's normally a tad more discreet than that, I can only chalk it up to jealousy.
Reply 12
One of my fiancé's exes will be coming to our wedding (and possibly going on the stag do, if they decide to allow girls) - they are still really good friends and I get on well with her - they broke up like 5 years ago so there's no likelihood of anything happening there. There will be a couple of other girls there who he has "history" with.

My only significant ex will not be coming because we are not in touch any more, but there will be some of my male friends who I have kissed on various drunken occasions.

I can see why some people would be uncomfortable with having exes there but really it's down to the situation between you, your partner and their ex as to whether it's appropriate.
Reply 13
The only time I've talked to ex's is in court
Reply 14
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
My husband is best friends with his ex, and she came to our wedding.
(She's the most stupid woman in existence, it's like talking to a brick, but anyway.....)

She brought her (then) boyfriend, who we both kinda knew through her, and during our wedding reception she announced grandly that they had gotten engaged. Blatantly trying to steal the thunder there, but rather amusingly everybody was just like "erm yeh ok whatever" and walked off.

What a cheeky little.... that would make me so angry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending