The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2011 Applicant's thread (Accounting and Finance)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by superman-lives
Why is there Acc and Finance course so competitive ? The other day i was seing the rankings and LSE hardly makes it in the top10 for Acc and Finance :/

That's like the school itself, was ranked 80th in the world but is the most competitive school in the entire UK lol jk.

Actually rankings contain a lot of factors rather than how good the course module or teaching method is. For example, it is a big minus for LSE ranks because of the student satisfaction (cause we all want fun more than being a nerd). And I never judge a school by its rank. :d
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by penguin x
i'm doing all sciences and maths too :P
and yah, i got the rejection last night :O

Sorry to hear mate.

What did you get at GCSE?
Reply 22
i got crap gcses but got predicted AAAA maths physics business and economics...hope i get in!! :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by Prikstera
Sorry to hear mate.

What did you get at GCSE?

3 A*s
4 As
2 Bs
3 Cs

:/
Original post by kmansick
i got crap gcses but got predicted AAAA maths physics business and economics...hope i get in!! :frown:

Haha i have the same subject combination and almost the same predicted grades ( have an A* in Business but like that really matters )
Reply 25
Original post by penguin x
3 A*s
4 As
2 Bs
3 Cs

:/

Oh right they really love their GCSE's apparently.

Can you go for City University with AAB prediction? They want AAA now apparently.
Reply 26
Original post by superman-lives
Why is there Acc and Finance course so competitive ? The other day i was seing the rankings and LSE hardly makes it in the top10 for Acc and Finance :/

Sorry my friend, but according to www.thecompleteuniversityguide.com it ranks LSE's accounting and finance department at number 2, just behind warwick. However for job prospects, its ranked 1st.
Reply 27
Original post by Prikstera
Oh right they really love their GCSE's apparently.

Can you go for City University with AAB prediction? They want AAA now apparently.

i went to an open day there... and they said they were "flexible", so i decided to give it a shot :smile:
Reply 28
When does LSE give offers for this course? And why is it AAB when loads of other universities ranked below it give out AAA offers?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Redz
When does LSE give offers for this course? And why is it AAB when loads of other universities ranked below it give out AAA offers?

To try and attract a wider range of applicants maybe.
Reply 30
Have there been any offers/rejection for accounting and finance in LSE yet? Just want to know if they've started to look through the a&f applications.
Reply 31
Original post by kthanki
Have there been any offers/rejection for accounting and finance in LSE yet? Just want to know if they've started to look through the a&f applications.

Yep, some dude was rejected (see page.1)

Getting nervous now as I really want to study in London and LSE is my only London-based choice :eek: Only applying with AAB as well but hopefully having both English and Maths will play an advantage. Plus French, everybody loves French :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Original post by FoSho'
Yep, some dude was rejected (see page.1)

Getting nervous now as I really want to study in London and LSE is my only London-based choice :eek: Only applying with AAB as well but hopefully having both English and Maths will play an advantage. Plus French, everybody loves French :rolleyes:

everybody loves french.. hahahaha. I'm sure maths will help, did you take economics in any way cos that is quite important too as it is a recommended subject, along with the sciences.
Reply 33
hey im applying for a and f aswell

sent off my application on 11th oct
got an offer for aab on 12th november

as grades: A(maths) A(psychology) B(econs- retaking) B(chemistry-dropped)
predicted grades A*AA
GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?
Reply 34
One person got an offer for A&F at LSE. AAB offer on november 12th. Trying to find out what his grades were/predicted.... lucky guy.
Reply 35
Original post by 108
One person got an offer for A&F at LSE. AAB offer on november 12th. Trying to find out what his grades were/predicted.... lucky guy.

The guy above lol?
Reply 36
Original post by a-t-88
hey im applying for a and f aswell

sent off my application on 11th oct
got an offer for aab on 12th november

as grades: A(maths) A(psychology) B(econs- retaking) B(chemistry-dropped)
predicted grades A*AA
GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?

hey i just found out u posted the date here:biggrin:
Reply 37
another person got it too.
Reply 38
hey guys i applied to accounting n finance program on 7th dec..super late i noe but got my acknowledgement like the next day...can someone tell me if there is a lse portal to track our application or something?
Original post by zeetee
hey guys i applied to accounting n finance program on 7th dec..super late i noe but got my acknowledgement like the next day...can someone tell me if there is a lse portal to track our application or something?

Nope... You'll have to track it through UCAS!!

Quick Reply

Latest