The Student Room Group

Can't fall in love!!!

i've never been in love with a woman, but i have been infatuated by very many. whenever i see a girl that i find attractive (whether she's good looking or charming) the thoughts are always quite shallow; nothing ever goes beyond sex. i'm an extremely libidinous man with a number fetishes (which i will not disclose here) and can't seem to emotionally attach myself to any girl i know; to be honest, beyond sex i don't think much of women. i've never had any trouble speaking to women, but the reason why i don't want to make a move on one is because i fear that i might succeed: if i get a girlfriend, then what? i'm just not into women at an emotional level, but i feel the need to be.

so what do you think?

will i be doomed to a state of shallow bachelorhood or will a godsend of woman capture my heart?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll get back to you on this.
Reply 2
Yeah, people like you upset me. :frown: but its just the way you lot are I guess.

I think you just havnt maybe met, you know the 'the love of your life' YET
I feel the same way (bar the fetish bit), I haven't even been infatuated by a girl for 5 years. I just go to clubs, pull and that's it, bit of a sad existence imo. =(

(edited 13 years ago)
Whats so bad about ploughing some vag once ina while and kicking her out?

if you cannot love, can you learn to hate?
Just because you haven't fallen in love it doesn't mean that you can't.
Original post by Bslforever
Just because you haven't fallen in love it doesn't mean that you can't.

true, the title may be a tad melodramatic, but the problem is that i've been attracted to so many girls, really nice and charming ones in fact; but i cannot go that step further.
You're like the male version of me, except I have no odd fetishes.
I don't paticularly look at guys other than in a sexual way, and the rare ones I do get close to I eventually just disregard.

I just can't visiualise myself in a relationship.:dontknow:
I have issues. :moon:
Reply 8
I think a godsend of a woman will capture your heart.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Oh noooooo the world is gonna end now

:rolleyes:
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
i've never been in love with a woman, but i have been infatuated by very many. whenever i see a girl that i find attractive (whether she's good looking or charming) the thoughts are always quite shallow; nothing ever goes beyond sex. i'm an extremely libidinous man with a number fetishes (which i will not disclose here) and can't seem to emotionally attach myself to any girl i know; to be honest, beyond sex i don't think much of women. i've never had any trouble speaking to women, but the reason why i don't want to make a move on one is because i fear that i might succeed: if i get a girlfriend, then what? i'm just not into women at an emotional level, but i feel the need to be.

so what do you think?

will i be doomed to a state of shallow bachelorhood or will a godsend of woman capture my heart?

Same thing. Sucks, huh?

I assume one day something will change... I hope so, anyway!
same. never happened to me, not sure if it ever will...just get on & live boy :wink:
Have you checked that you're alive?
I'm exactly the same, bar the fetish thing (dont really get why you mentioned that)
I dont go on dates with girls because I feel as if I'd just be leading them on which I wouldnt want to do.
Cant complain mind as I do still enjoy one night stands
I can see where you're coming from.... and i think anyone may find themselves in this situation if they get quite a few people who are interested.

But i have to say... that you've not really bumped in to someone you like enough to want something more with them. Someone whom after getting to know them (just a little) makes you want more.... and become a little catious around them.

Although if you allow yourself to open up more, and spend more time with the other girls there is obviously every possibility for your feelings to get deeper.

I think its a bit of both... because not everyone is looking for a potential gf/bf when they meet new people, they just start liking someone a lot after getting to know them even a little (which makes them want to know more about the person)

So you've probably not come across someone who has grasped your attention 'instantly' after getting to know them a little and makes you think twice about your next action.
And secondly you're not giving yourself a chance for some reason.

I do think your problem could arise from sleeping around outside some sort of relationship....which just makes want women just for sex.
Or you have some insecure problems.. where you are scared of falling in love and getting hurt by it.
x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
You're like the male version of me, except I have no odd fetishes.
I don't paticularly look at guys other than in a sexual way, and the rare ones I do get close to I eventually just disregard.

I just can't visiualise myself in a relationship.:dontknow:
I have issues. :moon:

I think its pretty cool that you think that way I fort it was just guys.... well not cool... something else I just can't think of a word for it....

its probably because your young and everything is a bit crazy??
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN

so what do you think?

im the opposite to you, i wish i was like you!
You have a psychological condition and need help from a doctor. The average person should be able to quite easily form bonds with those around them unless they have suffered a psychological trauma in the past.
(edited 13 years ago)
I was impressed by your use of the word "libidinous".

I think you may have just not met the right person, combined with a fear of commitment.
Original post by meatzaper
I think its pretty cool that you think that way I fort it was just guys.... well not cool... something else I just can't think of a word for it....

its probably because your young and everything is a bit crazy??

I wouldn't really say it's cool! :lol:

Maybe, although it has been pointed out I have trust issues and rarely open up. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending