The Student Room Group

Fox brutally attacks my neighbour's Cat (sounded horrendous)

Around 10 minutes ago my mother was in the garden. When she overheard the most horrendous sound. The thuds against our garden fence were unfortunately matched by screams from a cat. It was horrible. Moments later the sickening growls from the fox stopped and so did the thuds. Next came the whimpering cries from the cat. Those cries slowly died down... :eek:

Should we have alerted our neighbours by waking them up? I fell terrible for not doing anything!!! :ashamed2:

I've never heard of foxes attacking Cats before. Did some research and supposedly it is very rare...

Still, lock your fences and protect your pets people!

Edit: I realise I never made it clear at first, that the animals were not in our garden but our neighbours. The time I realised what happened, it was really too late.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Reformed2010
Around 10 minutes ago my mother was in the garden. When she overheard the most horrendous sound. The thuds against our garden fence were unfortunately matched by screams from a cat. It was horrible. Moments later the growls from the fox stopped and so did the thuds. Next came the whimpering cries from the cat...

Should we have alerted our neighbours by waking them up? I fell terrible for not doing anything!!! :ashamed2:

I've never heard of foxes attacking Cats before. Did some research and supposedly it is very rare...

OHMYGOSH. That is horrible :frown:
I have two cats :|

How does the cat look now?
Around 10 minutes ago my mother was in the garden. When she overheard the most horrendous sound. The thuds against our garden fence were unfortunately matched by screams from a cat. It was horrible. Moments later the growls from the fox stopped and so did the thuds. Next came the whimpering cries from the cat...

Wait, you heard their pet being mutilated, and you've not told them about it yet?

The ****?
Reply 3

Tis why we stopped letting our cat out at night. Happened a few times. Definitely not rare, depends where you live.

Our poor kitty got bitten to the bone on her leg.

And my step-dad came out one morning to find a fox cornering a cat under a car, so he scared it off.
Reply 4
Original post by AshleyT
Tis why we stopped letting our cat out at night. Happened a few times. Definitely not rare, depends where you live.

Our poor kitty got bitten to the bone on her leg.

And my step-dad came out one morning to find a fox cornering a cat under a car, so he scared it off.

:O Ohmygoodness.

What area of the United Kingdom is this!?

OMG NOEZ KITTY GOT ATTACKED BY A FOX?!!!?!!111

SADDLE UP MEN!
Reply 6
A dog in my village killed my two rabbits and made a cat across the road lose an eye and it had to be put down
Tell your neighbour and how come you heard this and didn't do anything.....?
Original post by TShadow383
Wait, you heard their pet being mutilated, and you've not told them about it yet?

The ****?

This! If you had actually startled the fox he would have buggered off and left the cat (speaking from experience).
Get off TSR, get the neighbours up and go investigate.

Poor kitty :frown:
Foxes are a menace, feed them to the hounds I say.
Wow, I didn't realise that foxes were actually abusive towards cats.
i would try and kill the fox as a revenge :rolleyes:
Original post by shamim2k9
Wow, I didn't realise that foxes were actually abusive towards cats.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's because of the snow, and it's harder for them to find food. Or something... Maybe it wanted the poor cat for it's dinner? :sadnod:
Since fox hunting was banned, there has been a huge increase in inner city foxes. So, havign never seen a fox in my younger years, now they are everywhere. And so this is not uncommon. My girlfriends cat got a broken leg by a fox. And the one night we heard something very similar at her house. I want to get a paintball gun or something to annoy the stupid things.
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I'm sure I read somewhere that it's because of the snow, and it's harder for them to find food. Or something... Maybe it wanted the poor cat for it's dinner? :sadnod:

'Survival of the fittest' what is the fox meant to do? it's horrible I know:frown:
Reply 15
Original post by rorydaredking
Since fox hunting was banned, there has been a huge increase in inner city foxes. So, havign never seen a fox in my younger years, now they are everywhere. And so this is not uncommon. My girlfriends cat got a broken leg by a fox. And the one night we heard something very similar at her house. I want to get a paintball gun or something to annoy the stupid things.

the sooner foxes and dogs are gone the better
I don't get why people are making such a big fuss. Obviously if it was a dog, you should have told the neighbour but it's just a cat. Cats are lost and killed all the time because although they're domesticated they pretty much lead a wild life since they're let out alone.

Besides it's not like you can love a cat like you can a dog.
Reply 17
Man I would be crying if i'd of seen/heard that.

sounds shocking.
Original post by rorydaredking

You may be right about this but do you have a source? I'm really tired but since you don't get hunts in the city would it really make that much of a difference to species numbers in cities? I suppose if they felt the country was getting a bit crowded...
Reply 19
Animals are animals, they fight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending