The Student Room Group

Your partner liking someone else...

Say your partner fancied someone else, even for a brief moment, how would you react/feel?

I myself felt outraged. Just wanted to know the general view on this :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
Define "fancied"
Reply 3
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Define "fancied"

As in liked, attracted to in a boyfriend/girlfriend sort of way.
Reply 4
Guys are always attracted to females they aren't going out with. Same for girls.
Reply 5
Original post by Hooj
Guys are always attracted to females they aren't going out with. Same for girls.

Attracted to; yes. But surely not in a i-want-to-be-with-him/her sort of attraction.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Attracted to; yes. But surely not in a i-want-to-be-with-him/her sort of attraction.

Nah even worse...just wanna do em sort of way.
Reply 7
I have had a couple of crushes during my relationship and my boyfriend knows about them. He wasn't happy, but he didn't consider it a huge deal or anything.
I think I'd get insanely jealous.

Then attempt to deal with it.
Reply 9
How do you know? I mean, when i was with my ex earlier in the year i would find myself attracted to other girls, naturally, but i'm not an idiot who would then tell her. If she did tell me however, i wouldn't mind neccesarily, i might feel a bit jealous, but i'd be more bothered about the fact that she's telling me what i don't need to know and could do without knowing.
Reply 10
I dunno, i've never really thought of being in a relationship with anyone eles whilst in a relationship. I spose it doesn't matter as long as their with you, if it happens to often they wouldn't be with you.
My ex liked a guy while we were going out... HER ex. She was so not over him that she ended up dumping me to get back with him.
I'd be absolutely heartbroken and probably dump him.

I know that sounds slightly irrational (well, maybe) but I need to be the only woman he wants in that way :sadnod: Otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with myself, and I'd be incredibly miserable to think that he'd want to do all the things that we do with someone else. It's just so wrong, the way I see it anyway.
In the early stage of the relationship (first 3-4 years), I probably wouldn't take it very well...after that I think it would be quite normal provided it remains a fantasy. I know my eyes and thoughts would probably wander....
i dunno. itd be hard to deal with tbh. i'd like to say no guy would ever look at anyone else while theyre with me, but truth is they do, just as i look at other guys.

i think the proving of a strong relationship is being able to resist all temptation no matter what, to go back to the girl/guy you're with. its not letting any level of beauty come between what you have together.

so yes thinking about another person is wrong, but we all do it. its when a relationship can deal with the seperation and pain of being apart that you know its meant to be. accept that they look at other people and feel pleased that out of all of them your the one they picked to be with...
Reply 15
Say your partner fancied someone else, even for a brief moment, how would you react/feel?

I myself felt outraged. Just wanted to know the general view on this :smile:

I may be a little troubled about the ‘brief moment’ part, but I visualized being on a submarine and hearing the diving alarm.
I get jealous very easy, so i'd be extremely jealous if my partner ever tells me that.
For me, it's wrong for my partner to think something like that with someone else when he's in a relationship.
We all find somebody attractive, but thinking of other people to be your bf/gf whilst in a relationship is just wrong.
Especially that i never think of something like that with someone else.
I don't act on my jealousy though, i may be mad but i won't go crazy like what other jealous girls do.
But then again, once my partner open this up to me, i'll probably wonder all the time about this for a long time.
Reply 17

This.
Reply 18
My ex liked a guy while we were going out... HER ex. She was so not over him that she ended up dumping me to get back with him.

Dam... thats just one of the most sad things that could happen, hope you've forgotten about a girl like that...

its happened to me, seeing a girl, 6 months later she hangs with a friends friend, and then she starts to fancy him over me. the worse thing is she didnt tell me until i asked if she fancyed him when she woudnt shutup about him.:frown:

you will find people attractive all the time, but when your partner wants to have a relactionship with another person, it makes you feel like **** and all that time we spent together ment nothing when someone better comes along.

shoudnt really be in a relactionship if your going to fancy other people so madly that you want to break up a loving relactionship.:mad:
I would probably just be very sad. Not angry at them, I have been guilty of such crimes in the past after all. But just bummed out.

Would probably feel more hatred towards the female in question :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending