The Student Room Group

Wycombe Abbey or Chelt Ladies?

Please ignore; I've made my decision. Mods, please delete. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So which of the two did you choose? Did you have offers from both? I'm being a little nosey because I've got an offer from CLC so it would be great to know somebody before I go. :biggrin:
Reply 2
I chose Wycombe Abbey. I guess I won't be seeing you, then. Damn. :/

Yeah, I did get offers from both. I got a scholarship from WA though ^^

Did you apply for Sixth Form? If so, I might have met you on the exam day (CLC), Monday 8th November. PM me with your name if you were there ;D
Reply 3
Original post by Caustica

Did you apply for Sixth Form? If so, I might have met you on the exam day (CLC), Monday 8th November. PM me with your name if you were there ;D

You wouldn't have met me; I sat the entry exams for the sixth form at my current school. :frown: I've yet to visit CLC, lol.

What were the girls like? Do you know how many sat the exams with you, 40 - 50? More?

BTW: Well done on getting that scholarship!
Reply 4
Original post by Don'tNod
You wouldn't have met me; I sat the entry exams for the sixth form at my current school. :frown: I've yet to visit CLC, lol.

What were the girls like? Do you know how many sat the exams with you, 40 - 50? More?

BTW: Well done on getting that scholarship!

Oh, damn it. I met so many nice people on the day, but I've hardly remembered any of their names! Especially since I then met more nice people at Wycombe Abbey, haha.

Ooh, so are you going to visit CLC before you actually enter Sixth Form? It's really gorgeous. :smile: Lots of stained-glass windows, and the art building is awesome. What subjects will you be studying, by the way?

They were very nice. Yes, my guess would be 40-50, but most of them were scholarship applicants, as non-scholarship applicants (incl. me!) were not required to sit the exams there. When I visited the school last year they told me that they receive about 200 applicants for Sixth Form every year! So congratulations on your offer. ;D

Thank you!
Reply 5
Oh wow congratulations on your scholarship :smile:
I got an offer for Wycombe too
so I saw this discussion and i was like "yay"
I'm not sure if I should accept or not?
Because another school (although it does not get as high results)
is giving me a scholarship :s-smilie:
I sat my exam in my country so I didn't really meet anyone
I would love to talk to you guys n get advice
I honestly have no idea what to do :tongue:
and also if you are gonna go, at least Ill know someone
Reply 6
Original post by Elina.10
Oh wow congratulations on your scholarship :smile:
I got an offer for Wycombe too
so I saw this discussion and i was like "yay"
I'm not sure if I should accept or not?
Because another school (although it does not get as high results)
is giving me a scholarship :s-smilie:
I sat my exam in my country so I didn't really meet anyone
I would love to talk to you guys n get advice
I honestly have no idea what to do :tongue:
and also if you are gonna go, at least Ill know someone

Thanks. :smile:

Interesting... I was under the impression that everyone who applied to Wycombe was there on the exam day, because they require everyone to have an interview. Did you have an interview beforehand, then?

Congratulations on your offer, by the way. :smile: Hm, how much is the scholarship to the other school worth? If it's not much, coooooome ;D I'm quite excited at the prospect of knowing another person in advance, haha!

Anyway, you'll have to make the decision soon, right? The deadline Wycombe gave me was 10 December, so I've sent off my forms already.

What country are you from?
Reply 7
Yeah, I was really sick during the exams
so they let me take it here
I'm from Malaysia :smile:
where r u from?
The scholarship is 10%
I'm just abit nervous about how the people there will be like,
you know what I mean? :wink:
If they are friendly? Or snobby?
Reply 8
Yeah, I was really sick during the exams
so they let me take it here
I'm from Malaysia :smile:
where r u from?
The scholarship is 10%
I'm just abit nervous about how the people there will be like,
you know what I mean? :wink:
If they are friendly? Or snobby?

Ohh, poor you. :frown: Still, you must be really amazing then, managing to get in despite being sick! ;D

Interesting: a lot of the people I met in CLC and WA were from Malaysia. :O I'm from Hong Kong. Asians ftw! :wink: xD

Yes, I do. :frown: I'm afraid I can't help you much there, because I'm a bit apprehensive too. I guess it's a risk worth taking, though. I didn't meet many students in WA when I was there... the building we did the exams in didn't contain any classrooms, so I didn't in fact SEE many students either!

I'm guessing they'll be friendly, though. The snobby stuff seems more like stereotype... Just trying to be optimistic!

When do you have to make your choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
I have to make my decision same date as you
i really have to decide fast :tongue:
I'm so glad I can talk to you about this
at least we can be apprehensive together :smile:
the other school hus giving me a scholarship is woldingham
do you happen to know anything about them ?
Reply 10
I have to make my decision same date as you
i really have to decide fast :tongue:
I'm so glad I can talk to you about this
at least we can be apprehensive together :smile:
the other school hus giving me a scholarship is woldingham
do you happen to know anything about them ?

I don't know much about the school, but I've just had a look at their results and 85% A/B at A Level seems pretty respectable. However, their website says that a third of the pupils are day pupils, and in my opinion it's better if nearly all of the students board, which is the case in WA.

And actually, there were two people from Woldingham on the WA exam day.

Hehe yes ;D Do tell me when you decide!
Reply 11
I guess you do have a point
I'll definately tell you when I decide :smile:
you know during the fixed breaks at WA
where are you gonna be going to?
It's gonna be abit of a problem for me to go n be back to school if it's only like a two day holiday :s-smilie:
Reply 12
I guess you do have a point
I'll definately tell you when I decide :smile:
you know during the fixed breaks at WA
where are you gonna be going to?
It's gonna be abit of a problem for me to go n be back to school if it's only like a two day holiday :s-smilie:

I have no idea. D: My mum suggested staying at a hotel nearby, haha... I'm probably not going to be going back to HK even during the one-week breaks :/ Do you have any relatives in the UK? I don't, so I have the whole guardian problem too... aosifjdojsdf. I guess these are smaller details to be ironed out later, though.

Does Woldingham let you stay in the school during exeats and half-term breaks?
Reply 13
I have the exact same problem :P
the thing is woldingham is letting me stay in school during short breaks
We r gonna have to just figure out something to do I guess
this is so cool, I thought I would be the only one :smile:
Reply 14
I have the exact same problem :P
the thing is woldingham is letting me stay in school during short breaks
We r gonna have to just figure out something to do I guess
this is so cool, I thought I would be the only one :smile:

Ahh, I see. Yeah, I think CLC would've let me, too. But I didn't really consider it a factor when making my decision :P

Hahaha yes! PM me your name so I can add you on fb? (Or URL, if there are many that share your name. :P)
Reply 15
I don' have facebook :tongue:
ill send u my email
and then you can send me yours :smile:
Reply 16
I don' have facebook :tongue:
ill send u my email
and then you can send me yours :smile:

Ah okay. :smile:
Reply 17

Great choice...i never personally went there but i'm from Wycombe and the area is nice..well generally Buckinghamshire and the Wycombe Abbey school has a ridiculously good reputation...virtually noone comes out of there with less than an A or A* in anything. Enjoy your experience there x
Reply 18
Original post by minxy222
Great choice...i never personally went there but i'm from Wycombe and the area is nice..well generally Buckinghamshire and the Wycombe Abbey school has a ridiculously good reputation...virtually noone comes out of there with less than an A or A* in anything. Enjoy your experience there x

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 19
Oh, damn it. I met so many nice people on the day, but I've hardly remembered any of their names! Especially since I then met more nice people at Wycombe Abbey, haha.

Ooh, so are you going to visit CLC before you actually enter Sixth Form? It's really gorgeous. :smile: Lots of stained-glass windows, and the art building is awesome. What subjects will you be studying, by the way?

They were very nice. Yes, my guess would be 40-50, but most of them were scholarship applicants, as non-scholarship applicants (incl. me!) were not required to sit the exams there. When I visited the school last year they told me that they receive about 200 applicants for Sixth Form every year! So congratulations on your offer. ;D

Thank you!

I'll take science and maths, lol - I suppose I won't be spending much time in the art building. What are you going to do at Wycombe Abbey? And yes, I'll probably visit before I formally accept the offer, to get a feelfor the place.

200!? Yikes, that is a lot. Completely forgot people were doing exams in February as well. Perhaps I should also congratulate you on receiving an offer! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending