The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get into Nottingham or Warwick for Law?

Bascially, what the title says. Has anyone got into either of those universities for Law with only a few A* at GCSE and without straight As at AS? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Nikitha
Bascially, what the title says. Has anyone got into either of those universities for Law with only a few A* at GCSE and without straight As at AS? Thank you.

I got offers from both with 4A* 6A at GCSE and Bbbc at AS. 26 LNAT too though.
But yeah, it's doable.
Reply 2
Original post by TheBigCh
But yeah, it's doable.

Sorry, what year of entry was this? Did Warwick use the LNAT when you were applying?
Reply 3
Anyone else?
Reply 4
Original post by Nikitha
Sorry, what year of entry was this? Did Warwick use the LNAT when you were applying?

This was last year, I'm now a first year at Nottingham (preferred it to Warwick in the end)
And warwick didn't use the LNAT no
Reply 5
Two of the best Law schools in the UK? Hard...

You'd need a very good application.
Reply 6
But yeah, it's doable.

You're chatting ****. What did you ACTUALLY get?
Reply 7
Has anyone else gotten into either of these universities for Law with only a few A* at GCSE and without straight As at AS?
Reply 8
Original post by TheCount.
You're chatting ****. What did you ACTUALLY get?

Exactly what I said? I messed up my AS levels rather badly and got a B in full Maths A2 (was taking further maths also), a B in History and a B in Economics, along with a C in Critical thinking.

At A2, I got 2A* and an A (missed the * by 1), along with As in CT and FM AS. So basically, I turned it around...
Reply 9
Exactly what I said? I messed up my AS levels rather badly and got a B in full Maths A2 (was taking further maths also), a B in History and a B in Economics, along with a C in Critical thinking.

At A2, I got 2A* and an A (missed the * by 1), along with As in CT and FM AS. So basically, I turned it around...

What were you predicted? Well done btw on your grades :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Nikitha
What were you predicted? Well done btw on your grades :smile:

I was predicted A* in Maths (ironically the one I missed), A in Economics, and B in History (I came top10 in the country in History lols)
Reply 11
I was predicted A* in Maths (ironically the one I missed), A in Economics, and B in History (I came top10 in the country in History lols)

You got a B yet were in the top 10? Wut.
Reply 12
Original post by Wookie42
You got a B yet were in the top 10? Wut.

Did the word "predicted" completely pass you by? I got an A* but of course...
Reply 13
Did the word "predicted" completely pass you by? I got an A* but of course...

It was late :P Besides, going from a predicted B to one of the best results in the country isn't exactly normal now is it :smile:
The average law student at Nottingham in 2009 had 485 UCAS points (over AAAA). Hence, it is competitive. Given that the A* was introduced for 2010 entry, this 485 figure would probably go up by 20 points or so for the 2010 stats. So unless you are looking to get 500 UCAS points (A*AAA or A*A*A*a) then you would be below average for Nottingham law students.

Law competitive anywhere you go and given Nottingham is regularly ranked in the top 6 law depts, it will be extra competitive.
Reply 15
Original post by Wookie42
It was late :P Besides, going from a predicted B to one of the best results in the country isn't exactly normal now is it :smile:

Hah, that's true I guess. Then again, my problem has always been how lazy I am, I have an IQ over 160 :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending