The Student Room Group

Please help me draw a histogram

hi!
I haven t done these in a while & don t have the answers to these questions,they re biology qs, I have to draw a histogram,can t remember how to get the frequency & how to organise this:colondollar:

Rep for your help & also for answers that back up other ppl s answers/corrections.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
PLEASE somebody?
It can t be that impossible
Frequency density = Frequency divided by class width. After you've found the freq. dens. for each class interval. Label y 'frequency density' then draw the bars. Suppose 11-19 is a class interval, and 16 is the frequency. The bar would go up 2 (16 divided by (19-11)). and it would be very wide (from 11- 19 on the x axis)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BrainFactory
Frequency density = Frequency divided by class width. After you've found the freq. dens. for each class interval. Label y 'frequency density' then draw the bars. Suppose 11-19 is a class interval, and 16 is the frequency. The bar would go up 8 (16 divided by (19-11)). and it would be very wide (from 11- 19 on the x axis)

Thanks for the reply:biggrin:
This is gonna sound really stupid but how do I get the frequency from the table:s-smilie:
Original post by hissyfit
Thanks for the reply:biggrin:
This is gonna sound really stupid but how do I get the frequency from the table:s-smilie:

The figures that are not bold show the frequencies.
Reply 5

So for the 1st one I do 30/(79-70)
or do I divide it by (139-120)
Sorry I m really clueless.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Attache the graph for you. Add in labels and I think that's correct
Reply 7

Can you please check the graph aliakhtar put up please.Thanks

Method thanks to aliakhtar :thumbsup:
You'd need to find out frequency density for each one which is basically Frequency/Class width

The class width of the first one is 120-139 so the width is 19.

The frequencies for the class 120-139 are : 13,14,17 ( Non-bold)

So the frequency density for those would be 13/19, 14/19 and 17/19. You'd plot the classes on the x-axis and the frequency density on the y-axis. Under the class 120-139 you would draw three bars in three different colors showing the the three different pressures. You'd make a key for the diastolic pressure each color shows. Make sure the bars are stacked together with no spaces in between.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8

You'd need to find out frequency density for each one which is basically Frequency/Class width

So the frequency density for those would be 13/19, 14/19 and 17/19. You'd plot the classes on the x-axis and the frequency density on the y-axis. Under the class 120-139 you would draw three bars in three different colors showing the the three different pressures. You'd make a key for the diastolic pressure each color shows. Make sure the bars are stacked together with no spaces in between.

Correction : There would be no frequency densities as the last class has no width ( > or something . That's why in my graph I just plotted normal frequencies. Other than that I think my method is correct.

It is fine. You can't do the last one because, like he said, it is >160 and has no width.
Reply 10
It is fine. You can't do the last one because, like he said, it is >160 and has no width.

thanks a million :biggrin:
Rep for both of you in a couple of hours.

Quick Reply

Latest