The Student Room Group

am i the only guy who...(guys and girls opinions wanted/needed)

hey people, right im starting to think this is just a fantasy of mine as iam yet to meet this girl.

iv bin single for a few years now and iv come to the conclusion, im meeting the wrong kind of people.

does any other guy feel like this?

im looking for a girl, who doesnt wear loadsa makeup every hour of everday. who doesnt tart themselves up to just go to the cinema. who when they go out, doesnt wear next to nothing, jeans and a top would be sufficent. who enjoys just sitting in the sofa watching tele, playing xbox. giving me a run for my money on cod. you getting the jist. does this kinda person actually exist? or am i living in some kind of dream world.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, girls like this exist. But even those girls want to go out sometimes not just sit on a sofa playing games (and the wrong kind of games).
Reply 2
haha i didnt mean 'them' kind of games. i meant xbox etc. and i knw they want to go out, im not syaing be boring i just mean, i work in a bar and all i ever seem to see is girls tarted up and its like. what kind of guy are you trying to attract with this kind of look. you get me?
Original post by Dan_andrews
hey people, right im starting to think this is just a fantasy of mine as iam yet to meet this girl.

iv bin single for a few years now and iv come to the conclusion, im meeting the wrong kind of people.

im looking for a girl, who doesnt wear loadsa makeup every hour of everday. who doesnt tart themselves up to just go to the cinema. who when they go out, doesnt wear next to nothing, jeans and a top would be sufficent. who enjoys just sitting in the sofa watching tele, playing xbox. giving me a run for my money on cod. you getting the jist. does this kinda person actually exist? or am i living in some kind of dream world.

yes these girls exists, i know many :biggrin: but i kick their arse at COD anyway
Reply 4
yeah those are exactly the wrong kinda games (xbox) ;D Almost all girls that go to clubs are like this so no wonder you see only them. Go to more classy social gatherings or even bookstores or starbucks (coffee houses) and you will find better class girls.
Reply 5
Yeah, that's me! I long to find a guy who's looking for a girl like this :/
Reply 6
Original post by lukasvalio
yeah those are exactly the wrong kinda games (xbox) ;D Almost all girls that go to clubs are like this so no wonder you see only them. Go to more classy social gatherings or even bookstores or starbucks (coffee houses) and you will find better class girls.

haha i like it lol. yh i geuss so. who knows what the future holds
No I don't think you're the only guy who feels like that, there are quite a lot who feel the same as you.

However, from my own perspective, I know most girls seem to base 'what boys like' on generalised thoughts, and i'm sure there's people who would agree with this. Even i'm guilty of it at times :blush: Usually, its the social norm to conform. It's annoying, but most girls think in order to win a guy they have to wear tons of make up, go out wearing 'next to nothing', non-existent skirts.. - because all the other girls do, right?! No.. Butbutbut, there are plenty of girls that exist, who don't plaster themselves in make-up, just enjoy being themselves, don't feel the need to get all dressy for absolutely everything, and just want to hang out and stay inside playing games! The world you're looking for is just harder to find, but you'll meet the right girl/group of people sooner or later :wink:
Reply 8
You're looking for a guy then?

No just kidding, girls like that definitely exist but they're harder to find. Girls want to be girls and either you're going to have to accept that we like to dress up to go out and may not like the Xbox (although I know many girls who love video games) or you're going to have to find yourself a tomboy :smile:
I thought you were being serious until you mentioned COD.

There might be a few. However, you're unlikely to find too many that meet your specific requirements, and, even if you did, it's no guarantee that they would like you.
Most girls are a mix between the two.
E.g. i do wear make up (not loads). I do dress up a bit for a date to the cinema (but generally is just jeans and a nice top) i happily watch TV with previous Bfs.

Except im **** at COD - but isnt that your lad mates are for?
in the same way i go shopping with my girl mates rather than BF's
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12

That's pretty much me. Although I can't afford an Xbox or the games that come along with it... But I used to be a pretty good gamer on the consoles circa 2004.
Reply 13
i understand im never going to meet my perfect match but yh, all views taken on bored :smile: nice one peeps.
Reply 14
i understand im never going to meet my perfect match but yh, all views taken on bored :smile: nice one peeps.

Why so negative? You're probably right, but still :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Yes.
The problem is we're often too busy on our Xbox to actually go out and meet people :p:
Reply 16
Yes but you have to look hard and work hard to get them, because there are usually 20 other guys after a gyal like that.
Just described my mates gf; they are out there OP.
You're finding girls in clubs etc

try looking in universities and colleges :smile:
Reply 19
no not being negative, just truthful ha. i dont think anybody has ever met there ideal match. if they claim that they have, dnt you think they have probably just altered the specifications to match there gf/bf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending