The Student Room Group

Got my drink spiked... [French translation]

No...not a H&R thread, don't worry :p:

I'm staying in France currently, last night my drink got spiked and my bag stolen, I need to go and explain this to the secretary of my building so I can get some new keys.

Can anyone help me with the best way to say my drink got spiked?

All help much appreciated,
SuperSam_Fantastiche

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My drink got spiked and as a result of this my bag was stolen? :lolwut:
Sorry, I didn't make the title evident it would seem, I'm feeling rough as hell. I'm in France, I need to tell someone (in French) that my drink was spiked - nobody speaks English in this building :p:
Reply 3
Original post by Genocidal
My drink got spiked and as a result of this my bag was stolen? :lolwut:

She wants to know how to say it in French :P

Sorry OP, I don't know :sad:
Reply 4
quelqu'un a corse (sorry, can't do accents) mon verre hier soir, et mon sac etait vole.

you know what, i'm utter balls at french and this probably won't help.

try getting the key words off this?
http://www.wordreference.com/enfr/stolen
i'm sure the grammar won't make a massive difference

good luck
Ma boisson était corsé? That's my best guess, but? I don't really know sorry :s-smilie:

Did your drink actually get spiked? :s-smilie:

I just checked my huge Collins Robert, and corser is definitely the right verb.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm pretty sure it was - I was fine one minute and absolutely battered the next. took me three hours to get to chatelet from arts et metiers (two metro stops - not far AT ALL) by which point i was still in just as much of a state as i was when id left the bar. my friend found me and is certain that i wasn't just drunk, also this feeling certainly is not a hangover :s-smilie:

thanks for the verb help, i'm gonna try and sort myself out before going (via my living room window) to speak to the secretary

cheers guys x
Reply 7
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
No...not a H&R thread, don't worry :p:

I'm staying in France currently, last night my drink got spiked and my bag stolen, I need to go and explain this to the secretary of my building so I can get some new keys.

Can anyone help me with the best way to say my drink got spiked?

All help much appreciated,
SuperSam_Fantastiche

French dude on Omegle (yes, productive day) is going with "corser", but you have to say like, "On a fait corser..." because a drink is what does the corsing in French, corser means "to become stronger". It's not really essential that she knows your drink got spiked, the important bit is your bag got stolen.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Arekkusu
"Corser" seems to mean "to make a drink stronger". Is it used in the media for drink-spiking? If so, go with that. If not, I don't see why the secretary needs to know your drink was spiked, just stick with the stolen bag bit.

She's the kind of person who needs to know the entire back story of your trip to the supermarket :p: I think I'll use corser and see where that gets me, thanks :smile:
I'm pretty sure it was - I was fine one minute and absolutely battered the next. took me three hours to get to chatelet from arts et metiers (two metro stops - not far AT ALL) by which point i was still in just as much of a state as i was when id left the bar. my friend found me and is certain that i wasn't just drunk, also this feeling certainly is not a hangover :s-smilie:

thanks for the verb help, i'm gonna try and sort myself out before going (via my living room window) to speak to the secretary

cheers guys x

eek! That's quite horrid, I guess you have to be glad that nothing worse happened though considering what could've... In fact, 20 odd years ago, something very similar happened to one of my Aunts in Paris - she lost her passport, money, hotel details etc... Back on topic sorry, be sure to keep us up to date with what's happening!
Reply 10
I wouldnt say corsé. That means something is intense, like a strong coffee or drink. We don't really have a word for that, so I would say "quelqu'un a drogué ma boisson et volé mon sac".
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by NothingCrushesUs
eek! That's quite horrid, I guess you have to be glad that nothing worse happened though considering what could've... In fact, 20 odd years ago, something very similar happened to one of my Aunts in Paris - she lost her passport, money, hotel details etc... Back on topic sorry, be sure to keep us up to date with what's happening!

Indeed - I'm so glad I'd taken my wallet & phone out and put them into my pocket so the only things gone are my keys and camera (well, and the bag of course). And I wasn't raped - bonus!

Definitely needed to tell the woman I was spiked, she gave me some rice and I'm feeling much better :p:
Indeed - I'm so glad I'd taken my wallet & phone out and put them into my pocket so the only things gone are my keys and camera (well, and the bag of course). And I wasn't raped - bonus!

Definitely needed to tell the woman I was spiked, she gave me some rice and I'm feeling much better :p:

I just had weird looks from my entire family as I burst out laughing XD

Glad to hear that everything's kind of okay though - how're the police being?
I just had weird looks from my entire family as I burst out laughing XD

Glad to hear that everything's kind of okay though - how're the police being?

I haven't reported it yet, I don't know if I'll bother because I know i'm not getting it back xD just gonna have to be more careful of my stupid drinks from now on. Lesson learned...
I haven't reported it yet, I don't know if I'll bother because I know i'm not getting it back xD just gonna have to be more careful of my stupid drinks from now on. Lesson learned...

Did the place where you actually drunk it not have CCTV? It's worth a try asking the bar or whatever as minimum, if only for the potential for diverse discussion and hitting their soft spot (free drinks? :P )
Did the place where you actually drunk it not have CCTV? It's worth a try asking the bar or whatever as minimum, if only for the potential for diverse discussion and hitting their soft spot (free drinks? :P )

I doubt it, it was a really dirty dingy little club, but still I shall ask them once I'm recovered, haha
Reply 16
Original post by Xurvi
I wouldnt say corsé. That means something is intense, like a strong coffee or drink. We don't really have a word for that, so I would say "quelqu'un a drogué ma boisson et volé mon sac".

I'd like to know what is wrong with what I said that required negging despite the fact no other suggestion was given by the negger :s-smilie:
Reply 17
does any one know what this means in english?

un faux mille aime nous ne savons pas quoi faire
Reply 18
Original post by jrobin
does any one know what this means in english?

un faux mille aime nous ne savons pas quoi faire

There's a translation thread in the Foreign languages forum. This ain't the thread for this.
Reply 19
Bonjour Monsieur. Hier soir, j'ai eu mon sac volé et j'ai besoin de nouvelles clés pour le bâtiment. Je pense aussi que ma boisson s'est enrichi et cette raison, le mon sac a été volé. Merci beaucoup.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending