The Student Room Group

Need advice - Gay/Bi Asian Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Ok, I don't no jack about Islam or being gay.However if you take my advice then that's fantastic it shows 14 year olds can do more than play COD and get asbos.DOWN TO BUISSNESS.Think carefully before you act.Think of how you'll feel after, will you feel you've sold out your beliefs.There is a saying measure twice cut once.adjust accordingly.The most important thing in life is your satisfaction.
Good luck
Reply 61
Original post by Mentor11
You are a liar because I reviewed your posts and your responses are found, sometimes you're a Christian and sometimes a Muslim sometimes a girl sometimes guy and sometimes old sometimes boy

:lolwut:

OP is Anonymous, mate. Anyone can post here anonymously by choosing to post anon, if they don't want to identify themselves.

:rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by TheSocialScientist
No need to get upset, try to match my and others' politeness when answering, if you please.

This discussion is going very bad.

PS. I respect your faith, but if you want to talk about it with me don't expect me to agree because I won't. In my opinion, blind faith is reason's worst enemy.

You have been blinded with what the media says about god and religions but, You have a right to your own opinion and i shall respect that :biggrin:
Original post by 000015080
You have been blinded with what the media says about god and religions but, You have a right to your own opinion and i shall respect that :biggrin:

The media? I assure you I didn't live in Italy through the media...
The media? I assure you I didn't live in Italy through the media...

maybe you guys should agree to disagree haha...
Original post by TheBlackMonster
maybe you guys should agree to disagree haha...

We probably would disagree on that too, haha!
Lol, i'm going through the same thing mate. I'm an asian muslim and it's annoying me too. I'm willing to talk, i'm 19 and it's still eating me :/
If you are, then i'm willing to not post anonymously and speak to you.

Cheers
Ahh, sorry to hear ur predicament... but I'd say wait as long as possible! It's hard enough to tell ya parents and I know people much older than you have kept it secret for years!

I agree with an earlier comment about thinking for yourself and what religion means to you.

I am not religious so really have a limited understanding of the pressure you must be under but I do believe that there's a lot of truth in all religions whilst acknowledge it as a social structure whereby religious texts are boycotted by those who want to make up certain rules to oppress people. Ultimately, religious texts were inspired by God but written by man - even a significant proportion of the Christian faith still hold extremely derogatory beliefs about gay people.

Family is another one of those social structures that inescapably creates such boundaries but once you turn 18 you can start to question them. The older you get, the more you meet new people and when you escape to uni I expect you'll do what most of us do and build up an extended family through friends and won't much of them cos you'll having too much fun!

In addition, Your story is similar to that one in Eastenders brings a lot of current issues into the public consiousness so times are changing and people are becoming much more understanding of things that were previously stigmatised.

Good luck.

X
Original post by Hamesh
I'd like to add, I actually knew a gay Muslim who had Jordanian ethnicity.

At least, I think he was gay, does a male wearing colourful scarves, makeup and tight v-necked shirts make them gay?

That's stereotyping though.

Hmm...

Naah that's what all the boys wear at my uni!! :wink:
Original post by Missdelerious
Naah that's what all the boys wear at my uni!! :wink:

London College of Fashion?
London College of Fashion?

if you wanna call that fashion :rolleyes:
Reply 71
I gotta say you got it all there O.o
Original post by lonely14
I don't get it. :s-smilie:

What exactly are you trying to say? :curious:

Let me summarize. You are being tested by Allah, you have ultimately 2 decisions but you have to fight the jihad without your parents knowing. If you win you keep on studying looking to get married (definitely no arranged).

If you end up losing and do what the devil wants you to do then your parents cannot know. Anyone watched what happened to Syed in eastenders? It is a good example but it is nothing compared to reality.
Ok, i'm going to say this one last time. Can we please keep religion out of this topic since it is not helping the OP since he needs to figure out himself first without being told what his religion thinks of this or that.
Reply 74
Original post by TheBlackMonster
Ok, i'm going to say this one last time. Can we please keep religion out of this topic since it is not helping the OP since he needs to figure out himself first without being told what his religion thinks of this or that.

Yeah, but...he said that he still believes in Islam as his faith, and Islam is basically a set way to live your life so how can you separate the two? :confused:

It's not a sin to be gay. It's how you deal with it that matters. And if you want to act on it, then hey, I don't think Islam is for you. Good luck.
im from the same background as you, im not gay but i know exactly how ppl would react and trust me you would feel a lot worse :frown:

i realise it must be hard but i think you should try and focus on doing well on your studies i dont think you should tell your parents yet because youre still trying to work it out for yourself!

you should try and concentrate on work and try not to focus on it too much even though it will be hard, i do think you will figure it out along the way ie when u go uni, but id also say try and stay pateint and think about it careful and pray for help.

also theres plenty of helplines out there, i thinktheyd be a lot of help, sor try some out

•AL haba'IB (gay Muslim) Helpline
07957 157 132

i hope it works out :smile:
Homosexuals are gay.
Reply 77
Original post by draikzer
Forgiveness? For... being born a certain way? Please.

He was not born gay.
Original post by 000015080
He was not born gay.

:facepalm2:
Reply 79
:facepalm2:

Weirdoo...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending