The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

yooooo, have any of you had interviews/offers/replies for modern languages at UCL yet?
i'm applying for german and ab initio italian
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1601
Original post by Starlight-x
I'm expecting a higher offer from LSE (2 A* and A) but A*AA from UCL :colondollar:.

unlikely. But last year, my friend had an offer for Economics from LSE (AAA with a pass in Further Math) but his insurance was UCL (A*AA).. well, doesn't matter, he's got straight A*s anyway.
Original post by miss_boyes
I've been invited to an open day too, althopugh mine's on 12th January, what date is yours? It seems a bit scary but I think I will prefer it to an individual interview. From what I can gather its a lecture, then we disscuss the content (possible in groups?) and then we sit a test on the subject. I asked the admissions lady how long all of that would take and she said roughly 3 hours O.O

Sorry about this, i hate seeing people doing this, but it has got to that desperate stage :rolleyes: when did you apply and hear about getting an interview? i applied around a month ago, and worried people have heard back about a second batch of interviews. :redface:
Reply 1603
anyone received an email saying that UCL maths admissions team are going to delay the selection process:

"As the admissions round has proceeded this year, it has become clear that we need to implement a policy of delaying making decisions on a large number of applications. This is to ensure that we do not make too many offers and risk potential over-recruitment to the department. "
Original post by Tom_Sg
Damn it, the order of our choice had an importance ? :<

No Ucas arranges them alphabetically and the universities can't see where else you applied.
Original post by Pod!
Awesome shiz! When did you apply to UCL btw? I applied around 28th October and still haven't heard from them (apart from an acknowledgement) :\

I applied on 13th Oct (well thats when UCAS processed it!:tongue:)

Don't worry I'm pretty sure you'll hear something soon.. take it from someone who has been waiting without a SINGLE offer! I thought my app MUST have got lost!:rolleyes:
Reply 1606
Original post by Starlight-x
Really!? :s-smilie: Because someone from my school got an offer for Maths and Econ for A*A*A from LSE.. so I thought it would be the same for other subjects too! :rolleyes:

Please could you tell me what your fd's AS and predicted grades of the subjects are?I am so worried Im applying for the same course as well.

:eek:
Reply 1607
Original post by Fates
Please could you tell me what your fd's AS and predicted grades of the subjects are?I am so worried Im applying for the same course as well.

:eek:

is the reason why yr fd got a higher conditional offer because yr friend is doing only 3 A2 subjects,i suppose?
Original post by Aminee
Just got an invitation for an open day on February 2nd for L101 Economics (international programme) with the intention of a offer :biggrin: :biggrin: Has anyone else got this date for an open day for economics?

hey im applying for the same course, and was wondering if you could tell me ur GCSEs and A level predicted, just wondering how there viewing the applicants. :smile:
Got called to an open day before an offer could be made
applied for Econ and Stats

any one in the same boat?
Any English applicants heard anything yet?
Conditional... top choice so I'm absolutely over the moon! Good luck all!
Original post by no chance
Any English applicants heard anything yet?

:smile:I'm haven't heard anything yet, I think some English offers were mentioned on the thread around the 26/11. I have seen quite a few rejections listed prior to those few offers.

Maybe no news is good news, I hope so anyway.

Why did I get a neg rep for answering someone's question?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by BeatFreak
Got called to an open day before an offer could be made
applied for Econ and Stats

any one in the same boat?

yeah i applied for the same course.... haven't heard anything yet...
Reply 1614
Original post by TimmonaPortella
strong. i worry for my weak gcses though.
are you applying for law too? :smile:

Yea I am..I sent off my app on teh 22nd of nov..i noe am kinda late bt its nt even gonna b considerd till Jan I guess cuz I still have to sit my LNAT =/
'fikir gezahegn yimer'-facebook? lol i rly dunno how to use this thing all tht well =P
Original post by TwilightKnight
Rejected for Biomedical Science.

A bit of a blow. I just got rejected today from Oxford and so when I saw the UCAS Track email I was expecting the email to be regarding that. Checked UCAS and boom.

Just not my day.

Best of luck to all applicants. I hope you get in.

condolences.
do you mind telling me your grades? i have also applied for biomed @ UCL.
Original post by MOKHLOB
anyone received an email saying that UCL maths admissions team are going to delay the selection process:

"As the admissions round has proceeded this year, it has become clear that we need to implement a policy of delaying making decisions on a large number of applications. This is to ensure that we do not make too many offers and risk potential over-recruitment to the department. "

Yeh, I got this email, now I've got two of those (one from Bristol too).
Goddarnit :angry:
Original post by Cravez
condolences.
do you mind telling me your grades? i have also applied for biomed @ UCL.

8 A*-Cs at GCSE, AAAA at A Level.
Reply 1618
Do Language and Culture applicants receive a questionnaire? Sorry if it's been answered, I don't watch this thread very often.
Reply 1619
Original post by HilariousNinja
Yeh, I got this email, now I've got two of those (one from Bristol too).
Goddarnit :angry:

I had that from UCL, but not one from bristol? Do you mean the one that said they give out offers in feb?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending