The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hooj
Every girl you meet makes up that excuse, they don't really have BF's.

EXACTLY. You get it, unlike all the clowns who tried to disprove my replies here.
Reply 21
Original post by FireFox
This just keeps getting more and more frustrating by the day. I've met girls at Uni, and almost all of them in class seem to have a boyfriend, I go out and meet girls in other places and they have boyfriends, my friends seem to be getting with girls more often than I do, and at the moment I'm just getting frustrated.

Can anyone just give me some words of advice here?

So? Football has a goalie, don't mean you can't score.
Another thing, like stated in a previous post, most girls use the 'I have a boyfriends...' line as a initiation test, to see if you're worth it or not.

Best of luck :wink:
Original post by FireFox
This just keeps getting more and more frustrating by the day. I've met girls at Uni, and almost all of them in class seem to have a boyfriend, I go out and meet girls in other places and they have boyfriends, my friends seem to be getting with girls more often than I do, and at the moment I'm just getting frustrated.

Can anyone just give me some words of advice here?

haha, i felt the same, but since its the beginning of uni, many would split up because of either drunken one night stands, long distance relationship doesn't work etc etc. given time, there will be many single girls
Reply 23
Original post by Barden
Actually, I called you a tool...

And what does being native have to do with this? :rofl:

I have plenty of experience with women tyvm, and have yet to hear the 'I've got a boyfriend' line when it is not in fact true - maybe this is because girls actually want my attention hmmm?

I say you're naive because you take the line 'I've got a boyfriend' at face value. Dude, you're going to come across girls who lie about this stuff at some point in your life.

Just because YOU have never encountered a girl who has lied about her boyfriend situation doesn't mean girls don't lie about it. Consider yourself lucky so far.
Reply 24
Sounds like you need a dose of MTFU!
Reply 25
Original post by Neil_K

If a girl tells me 'I've got a boyfriend', I delve a bit deeper and ask her 'What does that mean exactly?', and I tell her that I know girls lie about this stuff and I get her to be honest with me about her situation. I've broken a few girls down this way and got them to admit to me that they haven't really got a boyfriend, or that the guy they're 'seeing' isn't satisfying their needs. It's pretty easy to hook up with them after this.

Broken them down? Que?

Is this social chit-chat or Guantanamo Bay?
Reply 26
Original post by Tomac
So? Football has a goalie, don't mean you can't score.
Another thing, like stated in a previous post, most girls use the 'I have a boyfriends...' line as a initiation test, to see if you're worth it or not.

Best of luck :wink:

Not really. It's either true, or it's a lie to make you go away. Not a 'test'.
Original post by Neil_K
Go back to sleep, fool. I can tell by your reply you lack experience with women. Don't take the line 'I've got a boyfriend' at face value. You're wrong, it DOES NOT necessarily mean she has a boyfriend or that she doesn't want the likes of me pestering them.

When a girl says 'I've got a boyfriend', it could mean any of the following.....

- She actually does have a boyfriend

- She's 'kind of seeing' a guy who she classes as a 'boyfriend', but she's waiting for someone better to come along (in which case you've got a chance)

- It's just a shield/default response that she says to guys who approach her....but be persistent and talk to her a bit and you'll find out it wasn't true (in which case you've got a chance).

- She doesn't like you and wants to get rid of you by inventing a 'boyfriend'.

- She doesn't want people to know she's single

- It's just a 'test' to see how persistent you are

- She could be with a boyfriend but not be satisfied in her relationship, and therefore be receptive to someone better coming along

If a girl tells me 'I've got a boyfriend', I delve a bit deeper and ask her 'What does that mean exactly?', and I tell her that I know girls lie about this stuff and I get her to be honest with me about her situation. I've broken a few girls down this way and got them to admit to me that they haven't really got a boyfriend, or that the guy they're 'seeing' isn't satisfying their needs. It's pretty easy to hook up with them after this.

Now, if I'd believed the line 'I've got a boyfriend', I would've lost out on these girls....but fortunately I'm not naive enough to take that line at face value. Very few women are 'completely single' anyway...there is always SOME kind of guy in their life. So **** whether she says 'I've got a boyfriend'.

So don't come on here calling me a 'fool' for enlightening people about the line 'I've got a boyfriend'. If you are native enough to take this line at face value, then the only fool is YOU, you tool.

Actually the line is probably just them letting you down easy. If you are desperate enough to still push it by all means do that. But a girl I just met in a club means nothing to me and I am not gonna spend another second with her handing out cards or anything of the like. If that's not "wolf pack," "PUA or "alpha" or whatever you litle boys are calling it today, I couldn't care less.
Reply 28
Original post by JayB124
Actually the line is probably just them letting you down easy. If you are desperate enough to still push it by all means do that. But a girl I just met in a club means nothing to me and I am not gonna spend another second with her handing out cards or anything of the like. If that's not "wolf pack," "PUA or "alpha" or whatever you litle boys are calling it today, I couldn't care less.

And you're right to do that - any guy who just keeps on trying to hit on a girl after she's told him she has a boyfriend, whether she's telling the truth or not, is just an idiot, and he's really not going to get very far.
Reply 29
Original post by Jake22
Broken them down? Que?

Broken them down, i.e. instead of just accepting their words at face value I delve a little deeper to get to the REAL TRUTH.
Original post by Neil_K
Broken them down, i.e. instead of just accepting their words at face value I delve a little deeper to get to the REAL TRUTH.

I dislike idiots like you who can't take no for an answer in life.

Someone needs to stick a pin in your overly-inflated ego. If a girl tells you she has a boyfriend, its probably true, and she's probably happy and not interested in you. Truth hurts right? Diddums. OR she's telling a white lie to get rid of your unappealing self-loving self. Pick which one you prefer.
Neil_K is the sort of person girls take restraining orders out against :yes:
Original post by Jelephant
Neil_K is the sort of person girls take restraining orders out against :yes:

I can see why.... :redface:
Reply 33
Original post by d123

NOT TRUE. You must not understand the true nature of women if you believe that.

It's not always a 'lie to make you go away'. As I said in my earlier replies in this thread, the line 'I've got a boyfriend' could have at least HALF A DOZEN different meanings. Reread what I wrote, THEN get back to me.

Original post by d123
any guy who just keeps on trying to hit on a girl after she's told him she has a boyfriend, whether she's telling the truth or not, is just an idiot, and he's really not going to get very far.

NOT TRUE. I've broken down women who have initially told me 'I've got a boyfriend'. I've gotten phone numbers from girls who 'said they had a boyfriend'. I've been on dates with women who 'said they had a boyfriend'. I've had one night stands with girls who 'said they had a boyfriend'.

They've admitted to me later that either they didn't really have a boyfriend, or that they were 'seeing' a guy but he wasn't fulfilling her needs and therefore were receptive to me pursuing them, or that they were just 'testing' me to see how much of a backbone I had etc.

Now, if I'd walked away as soon as the girl had said 'I've got a boyfriend', because I believed it was true or because I believed she was 'trying to get rid of me', then I'd have lost out on the girl. But because I'm more clued up about dating and women than most men, I was able to delve deeper and find out what they REALLY meant when they said 'I've got a boyfriend'.

I've had women admit to me that they use the line 'I've got a boyfriend' to get rid of spineless, weak guys who approach them. But when you challenge a girl who says she has a boyfriend, you come across as different, you come across as stronger and different than other men, and someone who can't be bull****ted or manipulated, and this will intrigue women who were initially lying about 'having a boyfriend'.

So I stand by what I say 100%. NEVER take the line 'I've got a boyfriend' at face value. It can mean at least HALF A DOZEN different things. Always delve a little deeper and find out the REAL TRUTH before you walk away.
Reply 34
Original post by Neil_K
NOT TRUE. You must not understand the true nature of women if you believe that.

It's not always a 'lie to make you go away'. As I said in my earlier replies in this thread, the line 'I've got a boyfriend' could have at least HALF A DOZEN different meanings. Reread what I wrote, THEN get back to me.

NOT TRUE. I've broken down women who have initially told me 'I've got a boyfriend'. I've gotten phone numbers from girls who 'said they had a boyfriend'. I've been on dates with women who 'said they had a boyfriend'. I've had one night stands with girls who 'said they had a boyfriend'.

They've admitted to me later that either they didn't really have a boyfriend, or that they were 'seeing' a guy but he wasn't fulfilling her needs and therefore were receptive to me pursuing them, or that they were just 'testing' me to see how much of a backbone I had etc.

Now, if I'd walked away as soon as the girl had said 'I've got a boyfriend', because I believed it was true or because I believed she was 'trying to get rid of me', then I'd have lost out on the girl. But because I'm more clued up about dating and women than most men, I was able to delve deeper and find out what they REALLY meant when they said 'I've got a boyfriend'.

I've had women admit to me that they use the line 'I've got a boyfriend' to get rid of spineless, weak guys who approach them. But when you challenge a girl who says she has a boyfriend, you come across as different, you come across as stronger and different than other men, and someone who can't be bull****ted or manipulated, and this will intrigue women who were initially lying about 'having a boyfriend'.

No it won't. Any women who's intrigued by an idiot like that is just a bit odd to be honest.
Original post by Neil_K

So I stand by what I say 100%. NEVER take the line 'I've got a boyfriend' at face value. It can mean at least HALF A DOZEN different things. Always delve a little deeper and find out the REAL TRUTH before you walk away.

I really wouldn't advise any other guys reading this to take any notice of this. You might get lucky very occasionally, but generally, you'll just make the girl feel uncomfortable. Also, girls aren't just there to be hit on, or 'broken down'. The way you speak about women is incredibly misogynistic really. You don't sound clued up about women at all - how many of these girls who have supposedly fallen for your tactics have actually turned into relationships?
Reply 35
Original post by d123

So you wouldn't consider giving a guy a chance if after even you told him you have a bf he tries to be friends? Exactly.
Reply 36
Original post by Tomac
So you wouldn't consider giving a guy a chance if after even you told him you have a bf he tries to be friends? Exactly.

If he wants to be friends, fine. I like having male friends. But if a guy tries to flirt with me when I've told him that, it's just rude and objectifying. The thing is, if you just talk to a girl nicely and be a decent person, she won't have to make up a lie like that. It's the ***** who hit on girls in club and act like they are just sex objects who get that treatment.

I sympathise with the OP's problem - I'm a single girl and it seems like most guys have girlfriends, but I'm just annoyed at Neil_K's attitude to women that he's displayed in this thread.
Reply 37
Original post by sophisticated
If a girl tells you she has a boyfriend, its probably true, and she's probably happy and not interested in you.

Read my earlier replies to this thread where I listed at least HALF A DOZEN things that the line 'I've got a boyfriend' can mean.

Read my replies to 'd123' above about my own experiences with women who have said 'I've got a boyfriend', who I managed to break down.

Once you've read these things THOROUGHLY, then get back to me with specific comments on each one.

Original post by sophisticated
Truth hurts right?

Obviously it hurts you to have the truth behind the line 'I've got a boyfriend' revealed by a guy like me, or you wouldn't be getting so theatrical and defensive....

Women don't want men to know that the line 'I've got a boyfriend' isn't always true, and when a guy like me comes along and reveals the TRUTH, they get defensive.
Original post by d123
If he wants to be friends, fine. I like having male friends. But if a guy tries to flirt with me when I've told him that, it's just rude and objectifying. The thing is, if you just talk to a girl nicely and be a decent person, she won't have to make up a lie like that. It's the ***** who hit on girls in club and act like they are just sex objects who get that treatment.

Exactly... but then again agreeing with a girl probably makes me a pathetic beta male. :rolleyes:
Original post by Neil_K
Read my earlier replies to this thread where I listed at least HALF A DOZEN things that the line 'I've got a boyfriend' can mean.

Read my replies to 'd123' above about my own experiences with women who have said 'I've got a boyfriend', who I managed to break down.

Once you've read these things THOROUGHLY, then get back to me with specific comments on each one.

Obviously it hurts you to have the truth behind the line 'I've got a boyfriend' revealed by a guy like me, or you wouldn't be getting so theatrical and defensive....

Women don't want men to know that the line 'I've got a boyfriend' isn't always true, and when a guy like me comes along and reveals the TRUTH, they get defensive.

What it "can" mean...so you're speculating, basically. Perhaps you should get back to me when you've got some actual facts, instead of spouting rubbish just because its what you want to believe.

Also, why would I be "hurt" about this so-called "truth?" Makes me laugh to be honest. I've never lied about having a boyfriend, and there are plenty of other more effective ways of "testing" a guy's interest if I wanted to. Not that I ever have. Girls who lie about having a boyfriend are probably trying to get rid of you, in my experience from observing other people, so whats the point in persevering? Sounds like stupid game playing to me. Though by the sounds of it, that's exactly the level that you would love to stoop to. Life isn't about "breaking girls down" either. Women aren't toys to be knocked over the head until they give you what you want. Sounds like you have no respect for other people when it comes to your own whims.

Latest

Trending

Trending