The Student Room Group

What kind of school asks you to be attractive to get in

Scroll to see replies

a **** one.
Reply 21
Eugenicists, maybe?
Reply 22
Original post by justrelirandom
My friend was offered a place at Charterhouse and when she read the good school guide for Chaterhouse it said it helps if your daughter is attractive/clever and from a well heeled family.
It feels to me as if the school wants to get girls in for sixth form just to fulfill the boys sexual desires , but i honestly dont think that is right at all.

I think your friend is pulling your leg.

I was in the library when I saw this so out of interest I had a look in the guide. Nothing about needing to be attractive at all. Unless there's a new version out that's decided to be enormously controversial this isn't true.
Original post by Fysidiko
I think your friend is pulling your leg.

I was in the library when I saw this so out of interest I had a look in the guide. Nothing about needing to be attractive at all. Unless there's a new version out that's decided to be enormously controversial this isn't true.

Hmm , i haven't read the book so i don't know but she got really nervous over that , maybe she just miss read -.-
Prostitute school :p:
Original post by Hylean
Where did I say anything about attractive people being successful? I said they imply success.

Well, yh sorry didn't read properly, but Schools should know that success is not proportional to attractiveness.
Original post by justrelirandom
Yeah it was a from another book writing about the school

But i just think that it's unfair.

Life is unfair.
Original post by Phillipsherman
success is subjective - doesn't necessarily mean rich

Well their business is global, they are well known, have money and etc. What else do you need to be successful? :s-smilie:
Reply 28
next thing u know is schools requiring their students to have genitilia to a certain size.
Reply 29
Original post by darkxangel
Well, yh sorry didn't read properly, but Schools should know that success is not proportional to attractiveness.

What are you on about? I'm sure they're fully aware that attractiveness is not proportional to success. That has nothing to do with the image they want to create in the mind of the public. People think that the more attractive you are, the more successful you are or the better a person you are. If the school wants to create an image of having smart, successful students it can play with that perception by trying to have attractive students.

Just read the Wikipedia article on the Halo Effect which jismith1989 posted earlier. It's nothing to do with facts and all to do with perception and is a rather intelligent marketing tactic, really.

That said, the source isn't affiliated with the school, so shouldn't be taken seriously.
To let anyone with sense know that the school isn't worth going to, if this story is true anyway. Pretty sure that the school wouldn't be allowed to declare something like that nowadays.
You shouldn't worry then, unless you are ugly or something
Reply 32
Uh, i just took a sneaky peak at their website. Doesn't seem to have many people i would deem excessively attractive. :s-smilie:
The Derek Zoolander centre for kids who can't read good, and want to learn to do other stuff good too.
I imagine the request was made on behalf of the boys at the school. A number of my friends have complained that the sixth-form female intake at Charterhouse tends to disappoint.
The Peter Stringfellow Academy For Inner Beauty
Reply 36
Sounds rather sexist from my view and what is "Attractive", we all have our owns ideas and vews as to who and what attracts us and what doesn't.
Reply 37
Original post by HumanNature1992
Fashion School?

Your sig = :drool:
Reply 38
if you let uglies in then the gladitorial games in which boy and girl are pitted against one another until the dom and the sub are determined and mating is initiated, we would get ugly people born out of those bouts and we want to improve the species not leave room for uglies.
Original post by Arcanine
Your sig = :drool:

Tell me about it :coma:

She's be let in any school :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending