The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neil_K
Jelephant is ... et cetera

You're just proving my point. No self respecting girl would touch someone as nasty and pathetic like you with a barge pole. That's most probably why so many girls tell you they have a boyfriend whereas other guys in this thread apparently don't have that problem- maybe try working on your technique a little there Romeo, "creepy stalker" is out of fashion :wink:
Reply 41
Original post by d123
No it won't. Any women who's intrigued by an idiot like that is just a bit odd to be honest.

I beg to differ.

Original post by d123
I really wouldn't advise any other guys reading this to take any notice of this.

Of course you wouldn't, because you don't want men to know the TRUTH behind the line 'I've got a boyfriend'. Women don't like it when the truth behind their games are revealed, because it takes away their manipulative power. Admit it.

Original post by d123
You might get lucky very occasionally, but generally, you'll just make the girl feel uncomfortable.

I beg to differ, and my own experiences tell me otherwise.

Original post by d123
Also, girls aren't just there to be hit on, or 'broken down'.

Never said they were. But if I suspect a girl is lying to me/trying to play games with me etc, then you can bet your right arm that I WILL break her down and get her to admit the truth. I can detect bull**** from people INSTANTLY, including women, and can break it down no problem.

Original post by d123
The way you speak about women is incredibly misogynistic really.

I base ALL my relationships on 3 things....HONESTY, TRUST and RESPECT. I say that in most of the threads I post on this site.

I like and respect women who believe in those 3 things. I DISLIKE games, lies, manipulation, dishonesty, phony/fake behaviour, disrespect, and general bull**** from women.

Original post by d123
You don't sound clued up about women at all -

Riiiiightt.

Original post by d123
how many of these girls who have supposedly fallen for your tactics have actually turned into relationships?

I lost count years ago. And I don't use 'tactics'....I pride myself on TRUTH and straightforward honesty.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jelephant
You're just proving my point. No self respecting girl would touch someone as nasty and pathetic like you with a barge pole. That's most probably why so many girls tell you they have a boyfriend whereas other guys in this thread apparently don't have that problem- maybe try working on your technique a little there Romeo, "creepy stalker" is out of fashion :wink:

:rofl:

Perhaps Neil_K should create a poll to see how many girls have lied about having a boyfriend. Or.... to see how many guys have had success with a girl who orginally claimed to have a boyfriend.

I for one would be interested to see the results after all his obnoxious claims. He makes himself out to be some Brad Pitt when I bet he's a weedy little chap in reality.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Neil_K
I beg to differ.

Of course you wouldn't, because you don't want men to know the TRUTH behind the line 'I've got a boyfriend'. Women don't like it when the truth behind their games are revealed, because it takes away their manipulative power. Admit it.

I won't admit it, because it's not true, at least not in my case or for the majority of my friends. Girls shouldn't be manipulative, and the majority honestly aren't. There will always be girls who are, but it's offensive to generalise like that. The truth behind that line for the majority of people is either that they really do have a boyfriend, or that they aren't interested but don't want to be a bitch and say so. It's not a game, there's no truth to be revealed and it isn't manipulative.

Original post by Neil_K

I beg to differ, and my own experiences tell me otherwise.

Never said they were. But if I suspect a girl is lying to me/trying to play games with me etc, then you can bet your right arm that I WILL break her down and get her to admit the truth. I can detect bull**** from people INSTANTLY, including women, and can break it down no problem.

Don't you see how wrong your attitude is? Maybe it's just the way you're phrasing it though.

Original post by Neil_K

I base ALL my relationships on 3 things....HONESTY, TRUST and RESPECT. I say that in most of the threads I post on this site.

You really don't sound like you do - it's hardly respectful of a girl to 'break her down'.

Original post by Neil_K

I like and respect women who believe in those 3 things. I DISLIKE games, lies, manipulation, dishonesty, phony/fake behaviour, disrespect, and general bull**** from women.

What about you being respectful towards her?
Original post by Neil_K

Riiiiightt.

I lost count years ago.
Reply 44
Original post by sophisticated
What it "can" mean...so you're speculating, basically. Perhaps you should get back to me when you've got some actual facts, instead of spouting rubbish just because its what you want to believe.

I'm not speculating, I am talking from ACTUAL REAL WORLD experience. You cannot argue with ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. Read the reply I put to 'd123' above regarding my own experiences with girls who initially 'said they had a boyfriend'.

Also, why would I be "hurt" about this so-called "truth?" Makes me laugh to be honest. I've never lied about having a boyfriend, and there are plenty of other more effective ways of "testing" a guy's interest if I wanted to. Not that I ever have.

Just because YOU have never lied about having a boyfriend doesn't mean other women don't.

Girls who lie about having a boyfriend are probably trying to get rid of you, in my experience from observing other people, so whats the point in persevering?

Here's the thing that makes your argument shaky....you talk 'from your experience of OBSERVING people'.

I talk from my ACTUAL experience of approaching and interacting with women who have told me 'I've got a boyfriend'.

How many women have you approached in your life? (I'm guessing none because I assume you are straight). Well then, you are not qualified to comment on this....

Whose experience is going to be more valid...that of someone who has ACTUALLY approached a lot of women...or that of someone who has simply OBSERVED people?

I rest my case.

Sounds like stupid game playing to me. Though by the sounds of it, that's exactly the level that you would love to stoop to.

I don't play games with women, or anyone. I live my life by a code of honour and base my relationships on 3 things: HONESTY, TRUST & RESPECT.

If a woman tells me she has a boyfriend when it isn't really true, SHE is the one playing games, not me.

I pride myself on TRUTH and being REAL with people....and I expect the same in return from people, including women. Which is why if I suspect a girl is lying to me about 'having a boyfriend' (or anything else), then I will get her to reveal the truth to me by breaking her down.

It would only be 'playing games' if I was dishonest with women, which I'm not. So this point is invalid.

Life isn't about "breaking girls down" either.

I never said 'life is about breaking girls down'. Where did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth.

Women aren't toys to be knocked over the head until they give you what you want.

I never said they were. Again, please stop putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. Stick to the topic please.
Reply 45
Original post by d123
If he wants to be friends, fine. I like having male friends. But if a guy tries to flirt with me when I've told him that, it's just rude and objectifying. The thing is, if you just talk to a girl nicely and be a decent person, she won't have to make up a lie like that. It's the ***** who hit on girls in club and act like they are just sex objects who get that treatment.

I sympathise with the OP's problem - I'm a single girl and it seems like most guys have girlfriends, but I'm just annoyed at Neil_K's attitude to women that he's displayed in this thread.

Ah :P Calm down :smile: :redface:

Well yeah, I know hundreds of guys who just want girls as their sex objects, I've never really been into that kind of stuff :tongue:
But you have to admitt that you'd give a nice, pleasant guy a chance, instead of a guy who just hits on you :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Original post by Tomac
Ah :P Calm down :smile: :redface:

Well yeah, I know hundreds of guys who just want girls as their sex objects, I've never really been into that kind of stuff :tongue:
But you have to admitt that you'd give a nice, pleasant guy a chance, instead of a guy who just hits on you :rolleyes:

Of course I would, but I wouldn't tell a nice guy that I had a boyfriend if I didn't.
There's little worse than some t*sser who won't take no for an answer. I have in the past told persistent wierdos in clubs that I'm either taken or married - it's polite, to the point, and is the clearest "I'm not interested" there is whilst maintaining dignity and politeness. One in particular just wouldn't listen (much, I suspect, like you Neil_K) and physically grabbed me by the wrist and wouldn't let go. He's lucky I didn't punch his creepy F***ing lights out. It's horrible, harrassing behaviour - a woman blatantly rejects your advances yet you refuse to "take it at face value" (Seriously, WTF!?), assume she's lying and persist!? Who do you think you are!? I suppose a police injunction would be her "seeing how far you'll go" for her too, would it? There is something mentally wrong with you, and men like you are a threat and menace to society. I dread coming across people like you in clubs.
Reply 48
Neil_K is the sort of person who makes me hate the new rep system. I can't choose just one post to neg :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by d123
Of course I would, but I wouldn't tell a nice guy that I had a boyfriend if I didn't.

Alright, another scenario here.
WHAT IF, a guy approaches you, best appearence you've ever seen, really good personality and you've a boyfriend. Would you a) tell him you have no boyfriend, b) tell him you have a boyfriend or c) recommend to be friends?
Honest truth.
Reply 50

Perhaps Neil_K should create a poll to see how many girls have lied about having a boyfriend.

I couldn't take a poll like that seriously, because there would be no way to know whether the girls in question were being truthful or not. And the results would likely be 'coloured' by girls reading this thread who would likely vote just to try and prove me wrong....so the results would be meaningless.

If it came down to the choice between a poll or my ACTUAL REAL WORLD EXPERIENCES, I'd take my actual experiences any day because you cannot argue with real world experience.

Such a poll would have to be done anonymously and away from a site such as TSR for me to take it seriously. Even then, I'd still take my own experiences over what a 'poll' said.

Or.... to see how many guys have had success with a girl who orginally claimed to have a boyfriend.

Again, not a true test of validity, because most men walk away as soon as they hear the line 'I've got a boyfriend' (since they take it at face value).

Very few men realise the truth behind the ambiguity of this line, and very few men delve deeper to find out the truth behind that line when a girl says it to them.

So you could ONLY do a poll of men who have tried to break women down after hearing that line....and since so few men actually persist after hearing that line, then there is nobody to poll on this.
Original post by Neil_K
I'm not speculating, I am talking from ACTUAL REAL WORLD experience. You cannot argue with ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. Read the reply I put to 'd123' above regarding my own experiences with girls who initially 'said they had a boyfriend'.

Just because YOU have never lied about having a boyfriend doesn't mean other women don't.

Here's the thing that makes your argument shaky....you talk 'from your experience of OBSERVING people'.

I talk from my ACTUAL experience of approaching and interacting with women who have told me 'I've got a boyfriend'.

How many women have you approached in your life? (I'm guessing none because I assume you are straight). Well then, you are not qualified to comment on this....

Whose experience is going to be more valid...that of someone who has ACTUALLY approached a lot of women...or that of someone who has simply OBSERVED people?

I rest my case.

I don't play games with women, or anyone. I live my life by a code of honour and base my relationships on 3 things: HONESTY, TRUST & RESPECT.

If a woman tells me she has a boyfriend when it isn't really true, SHE is the one playing games, not me.

I pride myself on TRUTH and being REAL with people....and I expect the same in return from people, including women. Which is why if I suspect a girl is lying to me about 'having a boyfriend' (or anything else), then I will get her to reveal the truth to me by breaking her down.

It would only be 'playing games' if I was dishonest with women, which I'm not. So this point is invalid.

I never said 'life is about breaking girls down'. Where did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said they were. Again, please stop putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. Stick to the topic please.

Why don't you show women some RESPECT then, and TRUST that they're being HONEST with you, instead of trying to "break them down". Also, you're the one who needs to stick to the topic instead of bragging about your own so-called experiences of "breaking down girls" who said they had boyfriends when they were in fact lying.

Unfortunately your argument is pretty shaky too my dear. You can't prove all of this rubbish that you're spouting about "breaking girls down". You expect us to take it at face value and believe you. Why should we, when this whole debate is about you refusing to take the words of other girls' at face value when they tell you that they have a boyfriend?

Conclusion is that you're an arrogant little boy who can't take no for answer. I just hope that I never have the devastatingly bad luck to come across you in a club, or anywhere else for that matter, whether I'm single or not. Code of honour? Ha! Please..... I really hope you're just a convincing troll.
Reply 52
Original post by Tomac
Alright, another scenario here.
WHAT IF, a guy approaches you, best appearence you've ever seen, really good personality and you've a boyfriend. Would you a) tell him you have no boyfriend, b) tell him you have a boyfriend or c) recommend to be friends?
Honest truth.

If I've got a boyfriend I would talk to him but if he tried to make a move I would refuse and say I had a boyfriend. I'm not going to cheat on someone, just because someone else comes along. I'd be happy to have a chat and even be good friends if that's what he wanted, but nothing else.
Reply 53
Regretting this threat yet, OP? I sincerely hope so.
I could say that about boys... :redface:
Well i dont have a bf and i know quite a few others who dont either though ur right the majority of girls are not just sitting around waiting 4 u 2 come along but i dont think its possible that all the girls in ur uni have bfs, doesnt make any sense. Either some of them are indeed lying or u havent met many of the girls over there. So just keep trying and talkin 2 ppl without putting them off by being overeager. Good Luck
Reply 56
Original post by d123
If I've got a boyfriend I would talk to him but if he tried to make a move I would refuse and say I had a boyfriend. I'm not going to cheat on someone, just because someone else comes along. I'd be happy to have a chat and even be good friends if that's what he wanted, but nothing else.

Okie :smile:
Thanks for the input :redface:
Reply 57
I don't think anyone is really reading the bull**** Neil_k is posting now...
Original post by TomTom11
OK listen mate , rule no.1 , DONT ask whether they ve bf or not , just assume they dont . Even if someone has a bf , if you like her , go for her coz ye she might have a bf but who knows maybe you re better than him and she might be dying on hw to ditch him and you might be exactly what she is longing for . So , as someone who has had a lot with ladies , well they seem to come in droves which is great , i understand them a lot . But ofcourse , make friendships etc and women like to be loved and made feel special , so try to do that and u ll c what will happen .
I dont mean buy them stuff , NO , but treat them well but at the same time , remember you re a man and u got to do what a man's got to do !

PAHAHAHAHAHA. Everyone take notes from the 'playa' right here. Pathetic.

I have to be honest with you guys. I have read the entire thread from the OP till now and unsurprisingly Neil_K is actually right. A couple of weeks ago, I approached a woman and she told me that she had a boyfriend, I asked her whether that was true. She said yes but she ended up getting my number, we had one date where I told her what I expect/my intentions/objectives are and we ended up sleeping together a couple days later. She did admit that she infact lied about having a boyfriend because she didn't want a relationship at the moment and was going through a hard time.

Take this how you want. Women do infact lie about having a boyfriend. Whether that's because the guy is a creep or not has nothing to do with him. At the end of the day when a woman says they have a boyfriend it's not always true.

EDIT: I've just been reading his posts (twice so far) and I'm looking for the misogynistic words he's using to describe women. Can someone point them out because for the life of me I can't see them.

Latest

Trending

Trending