The Student Room Group

Parents CONSTANTLY arguing..:(

What should i do?
they are screaming so loud..it happens often tbf and my dads voice just runs around my mind because it makes me want to burst out into tears
His voice just gets to me sooo much :frown:
i daren't put any ear phones in incase he hurts my mum like he has in the past..they always try to make me take sides though i dont
and my father basically asked if it would be better divorcing right infront of my face!
i have exams coming up and there isnt anywhere i can go especially at this time
i feel horrible inside and just want to burst out crying...
what should i do? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What should i do?
they are screaming so loud..it happens often tbf and my dads voice just runs around my mind because it makes me want to burst out into tears
i daren't put any ear phones in incase he hurts my mum like he has in the past..they always try to make me take sides though i dont
and my father basically asked if it would be better divorcing right infront of my face!

I am really sorry to hear that, often children suffer ten times more than the parents in these situations.

if your dad is abusive towards your mum, I wouldn't stand for it and I would call your grandparents, any family friends and find a place to stay. no-one deserves violence, whatever the circumstances. I don't know if I'd have the guts to call the police on my own dad, but definitely seek advice from someone older :K:

just try and focus on your exams, let them sort themselves out, it may be better in the long-run if they do separate (no offence your dad sounds like a douche if he hits women) and then your mum can be happy and most importantly SAFE!

talk to grandparents, siblings, your mum's friends and even maybe your teacher if there is someone you trust there! good luck and I feel for you :ashamed2:
Is there an adult apart from your parents that you can confined in? Like a teacher or a family friend? This would probably be better than seeking advice on TSR...
I hope things get better for you.. xx
Reply 3
Original post by Mally-xo
I am really sorry to hear that, often children suffer ten times more than the parents in these situations.

if your dad is abusive towards your mum, I wouldn't stand for it and I would call your grandparents, any family friends and find a place to stay. no-one deserves violence, whatever the circumstances. I don't know if I'd have the guts to call the police on my own dad, but definitely seek advice from someone older :K:

just try and focus on your exams, let them sort themselves out, it may be better in the long-run if they do separate (no offence your dad sounds like a douche if he hits women) and then your mum can be happy and most importantly SAFE!

talk to grandparents, siblings, your mum's friends and even maybe your teacher if there is someone you trust there! good luck and I feel for you :ashamed2:

i cant talk to anyone..ive tried..but i cant let my feeling out completely
i have a younger brother im 16 btw i do try to help him through it
and yes...my dad is a very big douche.
Reply 4

aww, well that is good that you have a brother you can confide in and he has a positive role model to look up to.
why not write it down in a letter then? you've posted on here which is a start.
does your mother want to leave your dad? you need to speak to her.
otherwise I'd contact the police, violence is not good :frown:

Is there nobody at school you can talk to? Think of a teacher that you could trust.
I feel sorry for your situation and only wish that you, your brother and Mum get out as fast as possible.
Original post by Mally-xo
aww, well that is good that you have a brother you can confide in and he has a positive role model to look up to.
why not write it down in a letter then? you've posted on here which is a start.
does your mother want to leave your dad? you need to speak to her.
otherwise I'd contact the police, violence is not good :frown:

This.
What should i do?

I know how you feel :frown: I hate the way they scream at each other but my dad wouldn't hit her. The only I found possible to deal with is to stay in my room and stay out of their way. If they try to get me involved (which always happens) I tell them I'm not going to pick sides and to leave me out of it :angry:

Is there any chance you and your brother could stay at a relative's house?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending