The Student Room Group

Question to girls - How much do looks in guys matter?

Scroll to see replies

The world is very shallow. Deal with it.
Reply 101
Original post by Mr.j
are more beautiful than men, so of course you will see (a few) more couples where the woman is more attractive than vice versa. Despite this, on a daily basis I see couples where the guy is more beautiful than his female partner.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! One woman's ideal is another's average man. Also what makes you say women are more beautiful than men? Women have softer shapes on their bodies than men, but is that beauty? I feel you're biased because of your gender. :biggrin:
Original post by beci.please
They do, but very loosely.
I can literally find anyone attractive.
I have a definite type but at the same time, if i meet someone in the right situation and they fit my various other requirements - ie, they don't have unnervingly small fingers - then i'm just as likely to want to jump on them.

I have small hands, but a very long tongue... is that fine?
Reply 103
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FirstDiscovery
I made a similar thread but my title was a bit confusing, so my question to girls, how much do you care about a guys looks?

i hate admitting this, but they do matter quite a bit on first impressions - well if someone you don't know approaches you, looks do matter.
however i tend to go for guys who aren't the greatest looking
but that's once i get to know them. you get past the superficial/shallow ****.
usually girls/boys are able to get partners of the same attractiveness anyways, so go for someone who you think is of equal attractiveness to you.
OR go the good way, and become friends first. sure there's the possibility you may end up staying just friends, but i wouldn't say there's anything wrong with that.... though others might >.<
Original post by Bakerzoid
Bloody sucks though to be 18 and under 5'10", I would kill myself if it weren't for my family who love me.

You need to calm down you're obsessed... main requirement for a lot of girls is being taller than the girl. So just go for shorter women. Also all you need is one girl to make a relationship. And if it bothers you that much wear lifts give you about 3 inches... so 2 inch advantage against a guy wearing normal shoes.

5'7.5" male ..
Reply 106
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xfactorfan
you should be aware that girls all live in idealist worlds. they want the tallest, most handsome, most confident, most popular, most famous, nicest, most dominant, richest guy imaginable. and they fantasise about celebrities constantly.

their realities come crashing down on them in their mid-twenties when they realise that they're forced into going for normal guys and not this pathetic little ideal man they yearned to meet and marry.

My boyfriends like that, plus a host of other qualities which make him unique, maybe not 'most famous' but he's the most famous person I know and I'm happy with that :o: - most girls dont settle.
I'm sorry, I realise how this could be offensive to those people who fall under my description but this is just how I feel.

That was the point of the post i'm not offended. But you come here everyday and complain about height just pick your 'targets' more carefully and you won't feel this way...
Sounds cheesy, but -for me at least - personality well overrides beauty, so i'd say it counts for about 15%
When I was a bit younger they were very important but now I've been in a few long term relationships I really don't care that much. Good looks can't make up for a lacking personality and the novelty of going out with someone very attractive wears off after a while. As long as I don't feel ill/creeped out when looking at them, I'm good. Good dress sense helps too, but thats more to do with compatibility and anyone can do it.
This thread is stupid.

I mean I don't know about you but looks matter a lot for me when I'm looking for a girlfriend so why would it not matter for girls about us? at the end of the day everyone wants to be with the most attractive person possible, it's part of nature.
I'm sorry, I realise how this could be offensive to those people who fall under my description but this is just how I feel.

Dude you need to get over this thing about your height because this probably isn't the reason for why you aren't getting girls. I have two friends who are both under 5'8" and they are always getting girls. Stop using your height as an excuse.
Reply 113
Original post by Tashalls
most girls dont settle.

True and that's why short men are screwed.
Original post by Mr.j
True and that's why short men are screwed.

Yeah I do feel for short guys - there's always short girls...
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
This thread is stupid.

I mean I don't know about you but looks matter a lot for me when I'm looking for a girlfriend so why would it not matter for girls about us? at the end of the day everyone wants to be with the most attractive person possible, it's part of nature.

Girls like good looks, but it's not central to them. For guys it's almost all about looks
Original post by the_second
I have small hands, but a very long tongue... is that fine?

Probably not, no.
You'd have to touch me at some point and tiny hands make me feel queasy.
Original post by Mr.j
And when girls whinge it's totally okay and understandable, right? :rolleyes:

You know I'm really quite worried about my memory - since I have no recollection of ever suggesting that girls don't whinge about men or that it's ok. Think you could help me out and quote where I said that? :frown:

Original post by Mr.j
Women are more beautiful than men, so of course you will see (a few) more couples where the woman is more attractive than vice versa. Despite this, on a daily basis I see couples where the guy is more beautiful than his female partner.

I need to go and visit where you live, it sounds amazing!

Original post by Mr.j
A lot of women also choose guys based solely on their wealth, so nobody can say that men are more shallow than women.

Again, I need to visit where you live, if all/most of the girls you know only date rich men. All the boyfriends of the girls I know (including my own) have nothing except their student loan as a source of income. Hardly wealthy.

Original post by Mr.j
Also, most women are so extremely critical and shallow that they believe that most guys are (really) ugly, hence why you and other females believe that women aren't that shallow because "there are more couples with attractive women and ugly men than vice versa".

Most women are out of touch with reality, and I hate to say this because if affects men negatively too. It's sad that most women believe they're goddesses/princesses.

All the women you meet in your lifetime will never amount to "most" of the female population. We believe most men are really ugly? What a ludicrous accusation! Granted, there are probably a lot more women who put more effort into their appearance than men out there, but if a man makes an effort, he stands a chance, regardless of his appearance. This includes short men too, believe it or not.

Just because when asked what their ideal man would look like women come up with an unrealistic list of appealing features, does not make it a list of "qualifications" a man needs to be someone's girlfriend. I'm really not quite sure where you got the idea from that women are unrealistic. We do know how to distinguish from dreams and reality. If we didn't, then a lot of guys would be single, and clearly that is not the case.
Reply 118
Original post by chlobofro
Not alot. I need to be attracted to him.. but usually it's the personality that makes the person attractive to me. If that makes sense. I thought my boyfriend was cute when I first saw him and he's grown on me alot. :smile:

Is that you in your sig photo? I have been seeing that photo of this girl all over TSR
Reply 119
Original post by CharlieBee_90
You know I'm really quite worried about my memory - since I have no recollection of ever suggesting that girls don't whinge about men or that it's ok. Think you could help me out and quote where I said that? :frown:

Am I supposed to laugh now?

I don't know if you did say that - I haven't browsed through your posts. On TSR it seems pretty obvious that it's allowed for females to whinge but it's not okay when males do it.

CharlieBee_90
Again, I need to visit where you live, if all/most of the girls you know only date rich men. All the boyfriends of the girls I know (including my own) have nothing except their student loan as a source of income. Hardly wealthy.

I think you need to read my post again.

CharlieBee_90
All the women you meet in your lifetime will never amount to "most" of the female population. We believe most men are really ugly? What a ludicrous accusation!

You can call it a ludicrous accusation, but it doesn't make it any less true. Hell, even on TSR you will find that most of the females on here believe that most men are ugly.

CharlieBee_90
Granted, there are probably a lot more women who put more effort into their appearance than men out there, but if a man makes an effort, he stands a chance, regardless of his appearance. This includes short men too, believe it or not.

Haha. Good one :wink:

CharlieBee_90
Just because when asked what their ideal man would look like women come up with an unrealistic list of appealing features, does not make it a list of "qualifications" a man needs to be someone's girlfriend.

But it does. A man needs to have most, if not all, of those qualifications/requirements that women have listed.

CharlieBee_90
I'm really not quite sure where you got the idea from that women are unrealistic.

From women.

CharlieBee_90
We do know how to distinguish from dreams and reality. If we didn't, then a lot of guys would be single, and clearly that is not the case.

Meh. Although most women aren't willing to settle, a lot of them still do if they're single. And a lot of women like having a guy around who worships them, even if she doesn't really fancy him that much. So he's basically being used as a stand-in until she finds someone better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending