The Student Room Group

Getting five rejections

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by crashdoll
Can I ask a question that might seem really stupid? If you don't get the grades for your firm but get the grades for your insurance, will there definitley be a place available for you on your insurance course? Thanks. :redface:
Yes.
Original post by S.L
Oops, I didn't really explain my situation sorry.

I forgot to mention, I'm 21, in employment and only hold a BTEC National Diploma with grades of MPP. I haven't been in full time education since 2007, I think. Since then I have been working or doing minor, rather useless part time college courses which I wish I hadn't bothered with :redface:

Take A-Levels. Difficult, but definitely worth it if you are as determined as you say.
Reply 42
S.L
OP
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Take A-Levels. Difficult, but definitely worth it if you are as determined as you say.

How?
Reply 43
Original post by Minerva
This is just rubbish. Most people applying for this or any other course will get at least one offer, unless they have been totally unrealistic in their choices. Relatively few people are that unwise/ill informed/unlucky.

You don't know what course it is. Trust me.
Reply 44
S.L
OP
Original post by Larrabee
You don't know what course it is. Trust me.

To be honest, I think I have already accepted the fact that I will get all rejections :frown: But I will still try anyway.

What the **** am I gonna do in the next year?
Original post by S.L
How?

Just enroll at a college that offers them. It doesn't matter that you're 21. It will delay your entry into university, but isn't it worth it to get into the course you want?
Original post by Minerva
This is just rubbish. Most people applying for this or any other course will get at least one offer, unless they have been totally unrealistic in their choices. Relatively few people are that unwise/ill informed/unlucky.

I essentially got 5 rejections last year, although I was predicted A*A*A etc. I've seen it happen to other people as well...
I wish you'd say what the damn course is instead of keep going "oh its so competitive". Unless you have somewhere and I missed it. Now I just want to know.
Reply 48
I essentially got 5 rejections last year, although I was predicted A*A*A etc. I've seen it happen to other people as well...
So have I. Please note the careful use of the word "most".
Reply 49
Original post by judgejohndeed
I wish you'd say what the damn course is instead of keep going "oh its so competitive". Unless you have somewhere and I missed it. Now I just want to know.

Ha ha! Well the OP didn't seem to want to say so I didn't either.

Suffice it to say, the uni nearest me gets over 1000 applicants for this course and has 16 places available for this year.
Original post by S.L
Has anyone had this this year? I fear this is very likely to happen to me, and I would like some advice on how to cope if this happens. I know the entry requirements will probably go up next year and I won't be able to apply probably as my grades and qualifications barely meet them this year. I have thought about doing an Access course next year, but that would mean I would have to wait another two years till University atleast.

I'm just hopelessly stuck. I live in a dead end town, with no jobs or opportunties and I just want to leave and live somewhere else. Me and my parents argue non stop and I just want a fresh start somewhere else. Problem is, I'm not really qualified for anything that pays well so thus I will not be able to move out and away.

i neg repped you because I felt like it. I find your post annoying.
Reply 51
S.L
OP
Original post by blue_shift86
i neg repped you because I felt like it. I find your post annoying.

Ok.... :s-smilie: Like I care?
Original post by Larrabee
Ha ha! Well the OP didn't seem to want to say so I didn't either.

Suffice it to say, the uni nearest me gets over 1000 applicants for this course and has 16 places available for this year.

:eek3:
And I thought UEA was competitive for my course with 36 places and about 500 applicants ...
I really want to know what your course is... :sad: :blush:
Reply 53
S.L
OP
It's paramedic science. I wasn't trying to hide it or anything, I should've just mentioned it in the first place :colondollar:
Original post by S.L
It's paramedic science. I wasn't trying to hide it or anything, I should've just mentioned it in the first place :colondollar:

I'm sure you'll be fine if you've got lots of related work experience. Think positively :smile:
Original post by S.L

similar situation to me nottingham university have said theyve had over 1000 applicants for nursing and have about 50 places? its not even the january deadline yet its ridiculous :colondollar:
Reply 56
"
I'm just hopelessly stuck. I live in a dead end town, with no jobs or opportunties and I just want to leave and live somewhere else. Me and my parents argue non stop and I just want a fresh start somewhere else."
I can understand that you want to live independently and that you feel at the moment that your life is going nowhere.
Here's an idea to consider :
You could do a full-time or p/t CELTA course and then look for work with accommodation overseas-maybe somewhere like China or Brazil.
It would cost up about £800 for the course I think but if you're working that might be possible for you.
I agree that it may not be a good idea to do any old degree just because you can.
Original post by INTJ
Where are you applying?

If you're applying with all your options to:

1. Oxford/Cambridge
2. LSE
3. UCL
4. Imperial
5. Warwick

If you've used up all your options on those 5, and you have terrible grades, then you might be a bit stuck :rolleyes: Otherwise, don't worry too much. You are probably, as people have suggested, just over-worrying.

ive applied to LSE, UCL, York, Cardiff and RHUL, with predicted grades A*AA and AS's AAC with 100% in my History AS and im applying for History. I've just been rejected by UCL, what are my chances for the other 4???? :frown:
Original post by natashapt
ive applied to LSE, UCL, York, Cardiff and RHUL, with predicted grades A*AA and AS's AAC with 100% in my History AS and im applying for History. I've just been rejected by UCL, what are my chances for the other 4???? :frown:

Chances for York, Royal Holloway and Cardiff all good, LSE variable.
Chances for York, Royal Holloway and Cardiff all good, LSE variable.

Okily dokey well that renewes my hope. I've heard that LSE are very big on GCSE'S, i've got 6A*s 5A's 1B(in Welsh Language so not too important :P ) and I thought these were pretty good...but judging by other LSE offers it seems not :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending