The Student Room Group

Big up your university!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retrodiction
Royal Holloway - it's ****.

Its awwwwlriiiiiiight.
Reply 21
We have squirrels at Keele. Lots of. What more could you want?
London South bank, fuking sick uni blud innit
Reply 23
Original post by davidmarsh01
Oh God, how long before that Ramacito Morales guy comes here saying Aberdeen is the best university in the world again?

No, NOO,NOOOOO!!!! He cant come back! Ever!
Reply 24
Original post by Zottula
We have squirrels at Keele. Lots of. What more could you want?

Thissssss!
And the community feel to the place :biggrin:
Reply 25
Glasgow University...

* It's beautiful (minus blips like Boyd Orr and maths buildings - nasty)
* It has pretty incredibly inspiring lecturers and amazing research (I'm a biologist, don't know about anyone else really)
* Amazing sense of community despite it being bleedin huge
* I adore the West End
* Skyscraper library!!
* I love the Fraser building. Can't explain why really...

Hmm. The list goes on and gets weirder and weirder after this point, all a bit 'you've got to be there'. I just love it to bits, I hope I love next year's uni just as much...
Reply 26
In all seriousness... How is Dundee?
Reply 27
Edinburgh - Take home exams because of the snow, what more can you want?
Reply 28
Plymouth - Clean modern buildings, 3rd largest SU (as far as I know) and not far from clubs. But I guess everybody knows what our city's famous for
Original post by ElNormo91
Plymouth - Clean modern buildings, 3rd largest SU (as far as I know) and not far from clubs. But I guess everybody knows what our city's famous for

Hey, im thinking of putting plymouth as my insurance
is it true that only like 60% of first years get halls?
Leicester is an awesome uni. They've got a brand new library and SU, which is awesome and its a cheap place to live. My department were organised and helpful and I got on with every single member of the teaching staff that I met
Reply 31
Original post by Bubbles0ox
Hey, im thinking of putting plymouth as my insurance
is it true that only like 60% of first years get halls?

Yeah, according to official ballpark figures. I was one of the lucky ones that managed to get halls :smile:
Original post by ElNormo91
Yeah, according to official ballpark figures. I was one of the lucky ones that managed to get halls :smile:

ah right :biggrin:
that really puts me off :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Bubbles0ox
ah right :biggrin:
that really puts me off :frown:

I don't know whether I'm right, but I'd assume that's because Plymouth has a lot of local students from what I've heard, who might stay at home - I'd assume that the majority of students who have it as their first choice and live far enough away would get accommodation - it depends whether that 60% figure is out of the whole first year cohort or just those who applied for accommodation.
Reply 34
The Uni I go to- Because I go there :king1:
Original post by d123
I don't know whether I'm right, but I'd assume that's because Plymouth has a lot of local students from what I've heard, who might stay at home - I'd assume that the majority of students who have it as their first choice and live far enough away would get accommodation - it depends whether that 60% figure is out of the whole first year cohort or just those who applied for accommodation.

Good point, i really need to go visit but its soo far away lol.
Ive heard its nice though :smile:

thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 36
York. eh has ducks and doesn't afraid of anything.
I would have said imperial, but it would appear that York doesn't afraid of anything, so I concede.
Reply 38
Original post by davidmarsh01
Oh God, how long before that Ramacito Morales guy comes here saying Aberdeen is the best university in the world again?

As soon as I saw the title, this is what I thought :lol:
Reply 39
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Royal Holloway!! Aka the little Republic of China.

Which would you preffer 'psychology wise' Birmingham or Royal holloway?

Quick Reply

Latest