Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1. flash boobies in dudes face
2. procede to wind him up
3. say "dishes first"
4. win - win
Reply 21
Original post by TravelGuru
Sounds like you both need to thrash it out in an argument before he moves his lazy arse.

Seriously though, WoW? Come on, that game is pathetic, and ruins peoples lives. Both of you get off it, if you need more time for University work then stop playing that game.

If your rents too expensive, how about moving out and finding somewhere cheaper to take the burden off? What about both of you actively looking for higher paid jobs?

I play for 30minutes maybe once or twice a fortnight after 8 hours of labs before I start doing my university work - i don't think the extra 30mins a month would help me. He plays ~40hours a week with his friends. Also to others posting I cannot snap the disk or uninstall it - it doesn't need a disk to run and he'd kill me if I uninstalled it...it has crossed my mind.
We have looked for higher paid jobs but I can only work nights and not every night and he loves his job and wont change (partially because he might get to be supervisor within 12months there...sigh). We cannot move out as we are in a 12month contract with the house and glide utilities and would also lose a £600 deposit.
Reply 22
Original post by jimface!
3. say "dishes first"
4. win - win

Unfortunately WoW is more important than sex... (thats what he said), and thats quite upsetting, especially I'm not even overweight or unattractive.
Reply 23
Original post by Sarah2794
I play for 30minutes maybe once or twice a fortnight after 8 hours of labs before I start doing my university work - i don't think the extra 30mins a month would help me. He plays ~40hours a week with his friends. Also to others posting I cannot snap the disk or uninstall it - it doesn't need a disk to run and he'd kill me if I uninstalled it...it has crossed my mind.
We have looked for higher paid jobs but I can only work nights and not every night and he loves his job and wont change (partially because he might get to be supervisor within 12months there...sigh). We cannot move out as we are in a 12month contract with the house and glide utilities and would also lose a £600 deposit.

OK. Fair enough. Sounds like you're doing the right things then. He sounds like a loser (no offence) 40 HOURS + A WEEK!? that is nuts. I'd just uninstall it and then say "its me or the game" - there's his ultimatum. Where does he work?
Reply 24
Original post by TravelGuru
OK. Fair enough. Sounds like you're doing the right things then. He sounds like a loser (no offence) 40 HOURS + A WEEK!? that is nuts. I'd just uninstall it and then say "its me or the game" - there's his ultimatum. Where does he work?

He's currently working full time in a restaurant, in the kitchens. He does work ~30hrs a week but he used to ask for extra to get 40-45 hours and now he doesnt care. It's not just WoW, before that he played on the xbox all the time and I said he needed to cut down so he switched to wow.
Reply 25
Unfortunately WoW is more important than sex... (thats what he said), and thats quite upsetting, especially I'm not even overweight or unattractive.

ouchhh, what a waste
Reply 26
He's currently working full time in a restaurant, in the kitchens. He does work ~30hrs a week but he used to ask for extra to get 40-45 hours and now he doesnt care. It's not just WoW, before that he played on the xbox all the time and I said he needed to cut down so he switched to wow.

You need to put your foot down and tell him you're not his slave, and if he's going to continue obsessing with the game you're going to leave him.

You might not mean it, but it will at least make him think.
(edited 13 years ago)
Dump him.

I'm 100% serious. There's loads of guys who will treat you better. He doesn't care enough about you to do simple things like wash his own clothes or help save money.

You can find another place to stay. Girl, don't let a man jeopardise your university career and sanity.
Reply 28

I feel sorry for you, you clearly need some TLC. You need to thrash it out with him or get rid
Reply 29
Original post by No Man
Snap the disk, problem solved.

You don't need the disk to play :cool:
Reply 30
Seriously sit him down and tell him if he doesn't get his act together its over... you don't want it to be but he needs a shock to wake him up!
Reply 31
Original post by jimface!
3. say "dishes first"
4. win - win

poo
Reply 32
Does he look like this?
Reply 33
Original post by Chimaira
Does he look like this?

No...he's actually skinny and pretty good looking...

If he looked like that it'd be much easier to leave him...
Thats very true, but doesn't help...

Well it should. If he knows you'll stay with him regardless of what he does, he's going to do whatever he wants. Be glad you're not married to the guy and either get out now or shape up and realise you need to change this attitude of 'I'm not leaving him'.
Reply 35
Sounds like you got married and never realised.
Reply 36
Original post by Miahrose
I know you don't want to leave him, but shaking him up with the prospect might give him the kick up the backside he needs. You can't stand back and just take it all - it's unfair and will just slowly make you more and more unhappy.

Spell it out to him as clearly as you can. Tell him he is making you miserable, don't tiptoe around it, show him how him being lazy is putting a huge strain on the relationship. If he loves you and respects you (and cares for your wellbeing), he'll listen to you at the very least. Some guys are stubborn, but if you make it crystal clear that you can't put up with it, then hopefully he'll try harder.

If he still doesn't put any effort in, even when he knows your relationship is holding on by a thread, then you should probably leave him, because even if he was lovely at first, he probably won't change.

Thanks! I think I'll tell him this and say if its not sorted in say a month then I will at least move out? Then I've got time to sort a new place and it's a threat I'll be able to keep...better than saying if you dont do it i'll leave...i think. Does that seem like a good idea?
Reply 37
Original post by Stems
Sounds like you got married and never realised.

Lol :smile: sounds about right
Reply 38
Yes, that seems like a good idea. But if he doesn't shape up you have to go through with it, or lose all credibility.
Reply 39
hahaha omg that picis disgusting and funny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending