The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Solent 2011!!!

so ive applied to southampton solent after deciding to take a gap year, is anyone else going to solent?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DannieT
so ive applied to southampton solent after deciding to take a gap year, is anyone else going to solent?

I have a place there for 2011. I too am on a gap year (due to my crap A level results)
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by DannieT

Ive applied :smile: For psychology (criminal behaviour)
what have you applied for?
I've applied there too :smile: for media culture and production. I like the sound of the course but I've been hearing bad things about solent on this forum so I'm slightly worried now.
Original post by Fire_eyed_boy
I've applied there too :smile: for media culture and production. I like the sound of the course but I've been hearing bad things about solent on this forum so I'm slightly worried now.

From my experience of three and a half years, I can say they keep you on your toes. I think it is a lot better now that most of the lecturers have embraced the technology at their disposal. So you might have more than a few hours of notice before you sit your exams.
Reply 5
I've applied to Solent to do Fashion Design! :biggrin: My cousin went there and she loved it, and after going to an open day i've now fallen in love with the place! Has anyone been given interviews/offers yet? because i havent heard anything from them, not even a letter/email saying they received my application, and i sent off 2 months ago :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by DannieT

I too have taken a gap year and would like to go to Solent, although I have to admit after reading some of the comments on this forum, I may be required to think again :frown:

Hopefully most of It Is just rivalry, as I really like the look of it!
I'd heard some bad things about solent here on the forum too, but usually it comes from students who don't even go to solent. From all the students from solent that I've asked about it, it sounds brilliant.
I got a conditional offer from them last night for Media Culture & Production :biggrin:
Reply 8
Just got an offer, for psychology (criminal behaviour) :biggrin: xo
Reply 9
I've got an interview for Film and Television Studio Production on the 19th of January.. Anyone had their interview and if so what was it like! :smile:
Original post by Fire_eyed_boy
I'd heard some bad things about solent here on the forum too, but usually it comes from students who don't even go to solent. From all the students from solent that I've asked about it, it sounds brilliant.
I got a conditional offer from them last night for Media Culture & Production :biggrin:

Yeah as far as I can tell people who don't go there hate it and people who go there love it.
Criminology 2011
Reply 11
Going there (hopefully) to do Business (1st) or Events Management (2nd), if anyone else is applying for the same let me know would be interesting to see who's about.
Reply 12
Just got an Unconditional offer for Computer Games Design, more than likely end up going to Solent. I'm going to try and get a room at Deanery, has anyone had a look at the halls yet?
Got a conditional for Journalism at Solent :smile: Not quite my first choice but I definitely won't get in there so will probably be going to Solent :smile: Probably going to apply for Deanery too :smile: Really hope the bad rep isn't true :/ But none the less can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 14
I got a conditional for film and television production, the interview was the easiest thing ever :smile:
Reply 15
Unconditional for Computing

Thank god I didn't have to go for interview or i'd have to reject :P

Anyway, feels good man.
I got a conditional offer for Television and Video Production. The facilities look really good. But all the negative comments are putting me off a little bit :/
Original post by RobertGrey

Original post by RobertGrey
I've got an interview for Film and Television Studio Production on the 19th of January.. Anyone had their interview and if so what was it like! :smile:

Hey i'm in my second year of Tv and video production, it really is a great course. The first year isn't as good as the second but stick it out and it will be worth it! The studios are awesome and you get some really great oppurtunities! If you want to know anything else then just ask :smile: good luck!
Original post by LeahAlexandra

Original post by LeahAlexandra
I got a conditional offer for Television and Video Production. The facilities look really good. But all the negative comments are putting me off a little bit :/

Ignore them! I promise you it's a great course, am in my second year and am loving every minute of it, have got some great work experience through the uni and have gained a lot of contacts that will go on to help me in the future. Solent may not be that great for other courses, but it hasn't let me down for TV Prod yet! The first year is just an introduction to everything but the second year gets really intense and a lot more hands on.
Reply 19
Coming from the netherlands and got a conditional on Yacht & Powercraft Design.
I'm dying to go!!! Went on an open day and it looks awesome to me =D

Lovely England will soon be mine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending