The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Divine Potato
Too bad 4'11" girls are rare :frown:.

Are you going to go/are you at uni?

Given the sheer amount of people at a uni, that's not such a problem.

Also, focus on your strengths, not your perceived weaknesses. If your height stresses you this much, all we'll see is 'short guy syndrome' and stay away, if you get over it, then we see confidence and might not stay away.
Reply 41
*snarl*
Tbh, I would. You're only an inch shorter than me. You just have to be good-looking, funny and have a nice personality :yep:
Reply 43
im a short girl at 5ft 1 and my bf is 5ft4 so theres hope :P and generally girls i know are k with any height guy if they are taller than them!
charles manson was only 5'2 and he could make his girl groupies do anything
Original post by Warrior King
It is if it's for something as superficial as height or race as it shows that you don't have the intelligence or the moral values to accept or view that person for who they are; a human being.

Making an opinion on somebody based on their height is no different to racial/sexual discrimination.

We just don't make an issue of height discrimination. If we did the fashion houses would go into meltdown. Frankly I think the fashion industry is a disgrace that it bases success on such superficial factors.

Frankly I think anyone who discriminates against another human being based on their appearance, religion, sexual orientation, should just drop dead and rot in hell. You're the unattractive ones.

I feel very strongly about racism hence my display picture. The same applies to all forms of discrimination.

Haha...nobody mentioned anything about race man:tongue: I agree with the above though, however the fashion industry is always going to have individuals of a certain height and weight/figure representing it...thats just advertising working at its finest. Long legs show off skirts/dresses better than short ones. I agree that it's shallow, but it has to be, if you see what I'm saying.

For the original poster, don't worry about the height thing, the average height for a girl these days is 5ft3 unless I'm mistaken, so that means that >50% of girls are smaller than you and therefore won't be quite so put off by your height in theory. There are exceptions of course, but...

Really, just be proud and keep your head held high! (as much as possible, haha...)
It wouldn't mind going out with a short guy, but that's because I'm only 4ft 10 so all guys are taller than me! :p:
Original post by laut_biru
Are you going to go/are you at uni?

Given the sheer amount of people at a uni, that's not such a problem.

Also, focus on your strengths, not your perceived weaknesses. If your height stresses you this much, all we'll see is 'short guy syndrome' and stay away, if you get over it, then we see confidence and might not stay away.

I am at uni :yep:.
Reply 49
It is if it's for something as superficial as height or race as it shows that you don't have the intelligence or the moral values to accept or view that person for who they are; a human being.

Making an opinion on somebody based on their height is no different to racial/sexual discrimination.

We just don't make an issue of height discrimination. If we did the fashion houses would go into meltdown. Frankly I think the fashion industry is a disgrace that it bases success on such superficial factors.

Frankly I think anyone who discriminates against another human being based on their appearance, religion, sexual orientation, should just drop dead and rot in hell. You're the unattractive ones.

I feel very strongly about racism hence my display picture. The same applies to all forms of discrimination.

If only!
Reply 50
should I lie next time a girl asks me?

Reply "this high" and point to the top of your head.

i dont think any girls are gonna like you or not cos of the number height your tell them when they can already see your height.
Original post by lm_wfc
Reply "this high" and point to the top of your head.

i dont think any girls are gonna like you or not cos of the number height your tell them when they can already see your height.

I wouldn't be so sure

"I've got a new boyfriend, he is 5'7"
"I've got a new boyfriend, he is 5'4"

When choosing boyfriends, girls often evolve upon their conception of what they think their friends might think
Reply 52

QFT! I couldn't agree more. It's just sad that most women fail to understand it (the part of your post which I have marked in bold).
Reply 53
ones into dwarf sex??:biggrin::biggrin:
In my experience, guys who are fairly short (below my 5ft 7) tend to compensate for the height somewhere...

This is a pretty common chain of thought, actually.
Broad strokes:

In the same way that men tend, as a group, to have their preferences strongly anchored around perceived age and figure/weight...

Women tend, as a group, to have their preferences strongly anchored around relative wealth and relative height.

As you're all students, the wealth factor doesn't come into play so heavily.

Typically, women will see men as being 'tall', 'around the same height' and 'shorter'.

It's entirely possible to overcome being shorter. At 5'4", you're taller than about 10% of all men but perhaps only about 7% of men in their late teens/young twenties.

You'll probably have more success with shorter women but it's entirely possible with tall ones too.
I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont

Actually, your wrong, I'm a short girl and I like short guys!

Yes I would prefer them to be slightly taller than me but I'm only 5'2'' so I don't meet many guys who are short than me.

If the guy was too tall I think I would find it annoying having to carry a yellow pages around with me.

x
Reply 57

Not being physically attracted to someone is not the same as racial/sexual discrimination. You can't tell people what they should or shouldn't be attracted to. Turning someone down for a date because you find them unattractive is not the same as turning someone for a job just because they're black/a woman.
Reply 58
Original post by + polarity -
Option 3 is hard to find. :emo:

how tall are you?
Reply 59
look for a girl 5'3 or under !

Latest

Trending

Trending