Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ultimate1
Well done! Congratz!

But then again your academics are unmatched. :wink:

Thanks, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon

Original post by cpdavis
Congratulations! I really hope this happens for me soon :biggrin:

Thanks, I'm sure it's just a matter of time for you. Good luck for your Cambridge interview, I'm about to head up for mine...

Original post by Schnecke
Wow, congrats.

Can I ask did they email you for info on UMS beforehand?

Thanks, they didn't email me, but about a week ago I thought I'd email them to check about it (at the same time i emailed Imperial about the email claiming I'd got an offer which didn't exist) . They emailed me back to say they'd ask for them soon, but told me I might as well email them with my UMS then.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by KayteeKaytee
Offer for Bsc Geography - AAA :biggrin: Nothing from college as yet.

Can I just ask how long ago it was you sent off you're UCAS. I sent mine off three weeks ago now and the wait is driving me CRAZY! I've applied for BA but it's the same department so it should be similar processing times...
Also what are your GCSE's and predicted grades?
Original post by joniboy98

Original post by joniboy98
Can I just ask how long ago it was you sent off you're UCAS. I sent mine off three weeks ago now and the wait is driving me CRAZY! I've applied for BA but it's the same department so it should be similar processing times...
Also what are your GCSE's and predicted grades?

Sent off around Nov 5th. Got moved from the department to college around the 26th and the offer came through a few days later. I'm predicted A*A*A and have 6 A*s at GCSE and 3 A's.

I think Durham has separate admissions tutors for Human and Physical so they might not be processing them at the same rate. Good luck!
Original post by jonnyboy1993
Earlier today my AES changed to:

Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I've applied for G103 (Mmath)

Congratulations

I'd do anything to have those UMS marks. Unfortunately they've made me realise that i'm not waiting to see if I have an offer but that i'm just waiting for my rejection.

What further maths modules did you do?
Reply 1524
Got an offer for Business Finance (N420)

ABB in any of my four subjects.

English Literature, Economics, History, Business.

Predicted: 4 A's

GCSE- 5 A* 5A 3B

Happily have it as my insurance. Hoping for economics elsewhere though. :smile:
Anyone applying for Physics heard anything yet? My Head of Year said Durham usually don't reply until March!
Application has been received by college.
Decision not yet made.

This is for economics.

What are the chances I get into Castle college, seeing as its so oversubscribed??
Reply 1527
Msci physics, Collingwood college (I chose it because it says it has coffeshop. yes i am caffeine addict) any who. I would like to have part time job while stuyding is difficult in durham considering its a small town. also is it easy to find cheap private accomadation if so can you give me a rough estimate about the rent per week.
Reply 1528
Original post by I_am_the_eggman
Anyone applying for Physics heard anything yet? My Head of Year said Durham usually don't reply until March!

Thats a relief same here haven't heard of them yet apart from email that the recieved the application.
Original post by rubberdam123
Application has been received by college.
Decision not yet made.

This is for economics.

What are the chances I get into Castle college, seeing as its so oversubscribed??

Your chances are higher now than if you were to have received an offer in February. Each college has a quota on subjects, so its unlikely castle has already met the quota for economists this early in the game.

And even though the statistics on Durham's website make it seem like castle is 30 applicants per spot, not all of those 3k applicants get offers to start with. In general Durham offers to 40-45% of applicants. So that right there knocks off 1650 of those 3k apps. The department makes more offers than it has places for, roughly 3-3.5 offers per spot. Castle knows this, so they give more offers than they have spots for. And castle has about 245 spots, but some of those spots are already given to those who applied with a gap year from last year. You can do some statistical analysis on those numbers.

Good luck! If you get castle we'll be in the same college next year.
(edited 13 years ago)
starting to get pretty depressed about this whole uni stuff. I would rather durham rejected me today and I can plan my next move than wait till February or march for a unsuccessful. Really should have given this alot more thought haha.
Got a rejection today for Durham, Combined Arts Course QRVO
Was fully expecting it though!!! It is amongst the most competitive courses there.
Original post by moomin-matt
starting to get pretty depressed about this whole uni stuff. I would rather durham rejected me today and I can plan my next move than wait till February or march for a unsuccessful. Really should have given this alot more thought haha.

I feel you on this one! Almost tempted to just discount it altogether and just say I've got a rejection and start deciding between my other offers. Rejection really is a beast :frown:
Original post by <3 Music
Congratulations

I'd do anything to have those UMS marks. Unfortunately they've made me realise that i'm not waiting to see if I have an offer but that i'm just waiting for my rejection.

What further maths modules did you do?

Don't worry too much, I haven't met many people who match my UMS, and this includes some of the best mathematicians in the country...

The units that counted towards my FM AS were FP1 (100) S1 (100) M2 (94)

Best of luck with your application
Reply 1534
Hi,
i just got my confirmation letter today
studying criminology, and my college is st hilde and st bilde :smile:
any advice on what the course/college is like
durham is my second choice but the open day next year may change my mind!
thanks in advance x
Original post by darrochian
Was fully expecting it though!!! It is amongst the most competitive courses there.

Sorry buddy. When did you apply?
Original post by Meron
Thats a relief same here haven't heard of them yet apart from email that the recieved the application.

Same! And it's my last one to hear from as well! Fed up of waiting! :tongue:
Original post by JennyUK
Hi,
i just got my confirmation letter today
studying criminology, and my college is st hilde and st bilde :smile:
any advice on what the course/college is like
durham is my second choice but the open day next year may change my mind!
thanks in advance x

How long ago did you apply? :smile: I have also applied for Criminology but with the foundation year (as i'm a mature student!)
Reply 1538
Original post by darrochian

Hey, completely sorry to hear this :frown: Did they provide you with feedback? I am applying for the same subject and would like to know what their exact stances on the application aspects are.
Reply 1539
Original post by eelizabeth
I am sorry, I hate to ask but when did you send it off ? and also what were your grades like if you dont mind me asking ? Mines been gone 6 weeks and I am panicing xx

Sent it off on 1st October.
AAA

:smile:

Latest