The Student Room Group

TSR Briton of the Year 2010 (nominations)

This is unofficial, but if one of the modmins wants to make it official, be my guest. This is how it's going to work. Posters will nominate a person who they think is worthy of the title 'Briton of the Year 2010' in this thread - someone who you believe has been a force for good or someone who has done something remarkable over the past year worthy of merit. A poster can only nominate one individual once, and they must follow the format that I will demonstrate in the following post (the name of your nominee in red bold writing, followed by a short paragraph explaining why you have nominated this individual). Criteria for Briton of the Year is as follows..

Either A) A British citizen, residing/active in the UK or otherwise.
Or B) A non-British citizen, who has either been resident/active in and closely associated with the UK during 2010.

I will count all nominations that follow the format demonstrated below, and the 5 individuals with the most nominations will be posted in a second thread on December 8th, where voting will take place until 24th December to decide the winner. The deadline for submitting nominations is December 7th at 23.59. Good luck.

EDIT: You cannot nominate yourself.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ed Miliband

From the seemingly disconsolate nightmare of the events that followed the May 6th General Election arose a glimmer of hope. Ed Miliband emerged from a revitalising Labour Leadership contest victorious, despite having been written off with ridicule by certain sections of the press. Almost immediately the Labour Party bounced back ahead of the Tory Party in the polls, and since then Ed has been leading the charge against the disgusting alliance of Tory filth and Liberal cowardice and dishonesty. Who knows what 2011 will hold, but one thing is for certain, the Labour Party under Ed's Leadership will be primed, ready and waiting, for the fight for good, should it arise in the form of an election.
Mary Bale.

For providing many minutes of lols
Reply 3
May I recommend Christopher Hitchens to be considered for someone's nomination? His willingness to continue his brilliant work in the face of illness this year has been inspirational. He would have had my nomination, were it not for Ed.
Reply 4
Wagner from X Factor.

He's hilarious. Wagner speaks for the wacky underdog. He speaks to those who just want to have fun.

I mean he provided us with the most amazing TV moments of 2010 :h:

YOU GOT THE LOAF? :adore: Then vote Wagner
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
R-KAM.
Reply 6
A reminder that only nominations that follow the format demonstrated in the second post will be counted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
R-KAM
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
R-KAM

Due to his constant fight against adversity, due to him being Scottish in a Scottish area, I think he is worthy of a nomination for Briton of the year. All throughout the year, he has stuggled against the powers that be, yet still finds time to help friend or foe alike, whilst still keeping a teenager's musical taste. Holding a society together merely through his force of will, he has shown what a bit of courage and mental fortitude can do. I see a bright future for the future with this man in the future.
Reply 10
Myself

Because I'm awesome.
Robert Paul Green

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Tony Robinson

He's my favourite Brit
Reply 13
R-KAM

A Scot whose posts light up TSR, it would be a crime not to consider Ross for this award. He may be of relative low profile compared to some other nominations, but this should not put anyone off, the impact he has had on the lives of those he knows far surpasses any other nominations. His posts educate, entertain and enthral, and he has touched many many people. An obsession with Hayley Williams only illustrates the many complex sides to his personality. He goes beyond a GEL, beyond a FOB, and is a Brit. The greatest of Brits.
Julian Assange

For exposin governments n shizzle. Revealing how the US really is to the masses, eluding interpol and Americas' attempts to to arrest him, for now anyway. Salute the guy
Original post by natty_d
Wagner from X Factor.

He's hilarious. Wagner speaks for the wacky underdog. He speaks to those who just want to have fun.

I mean he provided us with the most amazing TV moments of 2010 :h:

YOU GOT THE LOAF? :adore: Then vote Wagner

Hahahahaha Wagner :adore:

I vote for Wagner too because, well....

He's got the most endearing and infectious smile ever, and you can't help but feel all :biggrin: when he's on TV. :nutcase:

Reply 16
Bump.

Let's have some serious nominations, please. Just think of an author who might've published something remarkable this year, a politician, an activist, even a sports star...any one who you think deserves it.
joe bloggs

I have nominated joe bloggs because he is dope.
Wagnar!

Ve vant Vaagnar!

:teeth:
Reply 19
Original post by spacepirate-James
Wagnar!

Ve vant Vaagnar!

:teeth:

Take this seriously.

Quick Reply