The Student Room Group

S1 or M1 ? Toughest

Scroll to see replies

Original post by siani-chan
Although I did physics I found M1 bloody difficult. I could never get my head around it, and even now if you put an M1 paper in front of me, I promise you with no doubt that I still wouldn't be able to do it. :h:

S1, on the other hand, was fairly straightforward.

What parts of M1 did you find hard out of interest? I'm self teaching myself it because I want to do a physics degree! So far the only bits I don't particularly like is Newton's Third Law Chapter. And Resolving Forces at angles to the plane. I haven't done Forces in Equilibrium but I'm guessing that will also be fairly challenging.
Original post by Freerider101
What parts of M1 did you find hard out of interest? I'm self teaching myself it because I want to do a physics degree! So far the only bits I don't particularly like is Newton's Third Law Chapter. And Resolving Forces at angles to the plane. I haven't done Forces in Equilibrium but I'm guessing that will also be fairly challenging.

Vectors are the bane of my life. Vectors with i and j components especially (and in C4, k components! although dot product is easier..) They just don't make SENSE. I'm getting better with resolving forces now, we have to do so much of it in the dynamics module in first year, so I guess now I'm more used to it I'm finding it better. I can't think what else there was. Moments? I was never particularly good with that either.

It is fair to say that if you're studying Physics, M1 is a little easier but I couldn't say to a particular extent. For me personally, I found that the physics is essentially the theory behind the mechanics, and the maths is the complicated calculations involved in it. In physics the calculations are often not as in depth, however it does come in handy for understanding. :smile:

Good luck with the self teaching, you are brave! :smile:
Reply 22
I would say M1 is harder, but if you are good at M1 you could get 100 UMS whereas that's not the case in S1 as sometimes they ask some dodgy random questions :tongue:
I find M1 boring and harder then C3.
Reply 24
Original post by the_prodigy
only 7 exams pfftt...

13/13 150/130 :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:granted 5 of them are resits, but dont disrespect Rahul, your the victims bitch:colone::colone:

the only time i resit is with ur mum.......me n extricated will demolish u bitch! wt exams u doing.....ur gnna get merked it all of them. SNM

RIP the_prodigy :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 25
tbh its up to you

I do physics but i was doing very bad in physics at the start of the year, once I started doing mechanics M1 the physics stuff started to become easier, I went from a U to a B to an A in my last physics exams :biggrin:

I also do S1 (for further maths) only just started it and looking at the content there is nothing interesting however my teacher says its an easy module and expects us all to get 90+ in it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending