The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kawa
This may have been mentioned (most likely has) but this thread is so long, and I don't have time to trawl through all of it so...

In the books Sirius gives Harry that mirror so that they can communicate with each other, I'm fairly sure this isn't shown in the 5th film, and yet it's brought back in the most recent one with no explanation? Or was there an explanation?

The vast majority have read the books, so it's of little importance I suppose, however it seems odd not to give even one line in the script to explain it.

There was no explanation in the film

One of my friends said to me "Well surely it's a shard from the mirror or erised so it's showing him dumbledore's eye cos that's what he desires!" i nearly burst a blood vessel that's how shocked i was!!

Original post by Luceria
Yeah.

I love the scene actually. Dan and Emma do have good chemistry, I think.
But it wasn't meant like that (even if Yates and Kloves made some strange comments about it).. It was Harry trying to cheer up his sad bestfriend. That was the main purpose of it. The dorky dancing and all was cute. But in the end of it she goes back to being depressed about Ron. Like "Thanks, but I still miss Ron." Harry wasn't making a move. He had a girlfriend and he has never viewed Hermione that way (and likewise).

I totally get that is how it was MEANT to come across, but I don't think it fully achieved that...
Reply 901
This is a little off-topic but can anyone tell me what song is playing whilst harry and hermione were dancing? there may well be rep involved:biggrin:
Original post by greenpeas
This is a little off-topic but can anyone tell me what song is playing whilst harry and hermione were dancing? there may well be rep involved:biggrin:

O children - Nick Cave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKWydA69o9E
Reply 903

'O Children' by Nick Cave I think.

Beat me to it ^^ :smile:
Reply 904
Part 1 is amazing! I've seen it twice in cinema haha XD
Cannot wait for part 2!
Original post by ipixie
Part 1 is amazing! I've seen it twice in cinema haha XD
Cannot wait for part 2!

I'm planning for my fourth soon :biggrin:

wow I'm late! :tongue:

anyway it's been on my shuffle ever since I watched the movie :smile:
Reply 907
Knock Knock

Who's there?

You know

YOU KNOW WHO?

/tumblr_lcnd96bt931qa827q.gif
Reply 908
I find it so cute the ways things turned out in the series. In the first when Ron first met Hermione he said whatever house he was in he hoped she wouldn't, and now look at them both :teehee:
They all looked so adorable before then hame the films now have one good looking girl surrounded by two not so good looking boys
Reply 909
Not impressed with the long wait between parts 1 and 2 !! :frown:
Finally someone says something that makes sense :smile:. Me too- what a rip off :angry:
Off to see it for a 3rd time tonight =D
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Off to see it for a 3rd time tonight =D

been there, done that ... hoping for a fourth time :tongue:
Original post by satisfactionatlast
been there, done that ... hoping for a fourth time :tongue:

nice =D
i love harry potter =D
(actually i love ron weasley!)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
nice =D
i love harry potter =D
(actually i love ron weasley!)

Get in line, my friend is convinced she's going to marry him, even today she said, 'I'm soon the become Mrs Weasley' xx
Original post by Loonylottie
Get in line, my friend is convinced she's going to marry him, even today she said, 'I'm soon the become Mrs Weasley' xx

Don't want to marry him...my heart is set on Frank Turner <3 <3 :love:
Reply 916
T'was soooo goooood! Can't wait for the second part. I'm reading the books from the beginning again.
Original post by ShayCamp
T'was soooo goooood! Can't wait for the second part. I'm reading the books from the beginning again.

Listening to the audiobooks. I'm going to let Stephen Fry read for me. :proud:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Listening to the audiobooks. I'm going to let Stephen Fry read for me. :proud:

I have Stephen Fry reading them for me when I sleep :colondollar:

Then when I wake up in the morning I got back to the point where I fell asleep and carry on listening.
Reply 919
Original post by kaus123
I absolutely loved the film :biggrin: Although I would like to mention a few things:

- lastly, i think scabior was really hot in the movie (like an odd mix between tim minchin and johnny depp)

I thought this too!! Well, not quite exactly. Scabior is the first person I've actually thought is hot in the harry films... guess im too obsessed with the book characters to actually fall in love with them. But yes, Scabior actually got me thinking of the type of men i seem to like and tim minchin came up in my thoughts... i am now a litle obsessed with him :smile:
but yes, just wanted to say *high 5* on the connection haha

Quick Reply

Latest