The Student Room Group

Who is more shallow, men or women?

What do people think? Guys will admit to being shallow, but girls in general try and pretend they're not it will seem. Anyway thoughts? I just want to see the mass of ensuing arguments!

I'm going to get neg repped either way for being the thread instigator but whatever. And don't just say "it depends on the individual" I am going for the general thing here (unsure of the word to use)
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Women, oh im gonna be negged badly :biggrin:
Reply 2
^^^ Nah, I possed you.

Women; obviously.
Reply 3
There is no argument there. Both genders can be shallow in their own way. It totally depends on the individual.

Although some studies do suggest that women are more shallow than men on the whole, especially when it comes to appearance. :yep:

Than again they are not valid most of the times. :sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Liam 09
Women, oh im gonna be negged badly :biggrin:

Exactly my point, guys will admit that they are shallow and interested in looks for the most part, but girls try and say they are not, when its pretty obvious that height and looks are the most important thing, at least at first. I tend not to be that shallow about looks, some good looking people have horrible personalities and you don't really like to be around, and vice versa.
Reply 5
Men by far. And they use their "insticts to spread their sperm" as a ****ing excuse for their mysoginy, especially those of the TSR species.

Depends entirely on the individual.
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
What do people think? Guys will admit to being shallow, but girls try and pretend they're not it will seem. Anyway thoughts? I just want to see the mass of ensuing arguments!

roughly round the same except the girls will try and hide the fact
Original post by lonely14
There is no argument there. Both genders can be shallow in their own way. It totally depends on the individual.

In general of course, you cannot assess how shallow everyone is, and then report back on the results!
Reply 9
You're more likely to see a good looking female with an average guy than the other way round to be honest.
Reply 10
Women, cause you have to be good looking AND have money.
It's 'who ARE more shallow, men or women'.

I'm shallow about grammar.
Reply 12
inb4 ridiculous debate...
Reply 13
I highly doubt either are more shallow than the other. It depends wholly on the individual within.
Reply 14
I am unfortunately pretty shallow.. not something I'm particularly proud of but there you go. I find women tend to be the same however, with lots of women in particular shallow with regards to height.
Reply 15
I don't know about such a comparison but without doubt the way women are expected to act now in society has changed drastically compared to the previous generation of women.
Reply 16
Original post by Yawn11
Women, cause you have to be good looking AND have money.

No, you only have to have money =D

(I joke).
Reply 17
Original post by Sam89
No, you only have to have money =D

(I joke).

I once saw a facebook group that said "there's a little truth to comments like 'just joking'". :eyeball:

Can't get one past me, no sir. :colonhash:
Erm.. I'm pretty sure sex has nothing to do with shallowness and it depends on the individual.
Reply 19
Original post by MrHappy_J
Men by far. And they use their "insticts to spread their sperm" as a ****ing excuse for their mysoginy, especially those of the TSR species.

Lol at this coming from a misandrist :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending