The Student Room Group

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...'

Scroll to see replies

i've got 3 **** buddies at the moment, life is great, though im gettin tired of it, and one of my **** buddies likes me a lot but whatever happens happens
because...i have no head
:iiam:

But it's probably because I'm shy, boring, easily intimidated and have a strange face.
It does keep people guessing though...is she a lesbian? Is she a serial killer? And so on.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Other than the fate part, you've pretty much said everything I was too lazy to. :lol: It's like you're me. And I thought I was the only one like this...although I don't blush much I think. Not sure though. :lol: And I wear foundation, fighting spots is a losing battle, as it turns out. Only started using it fairly recently though, and I'm not super-reliant on it or anything.

It's great to know there are more ppl who feel the same way out there!! :biggrin:
Well I also suffer with spots a lot of the time (due to constant boughts of tonsilitis that are poisoning my system - not acne), but I still would never resort to make-up of any kind :tongue: I'm a perfectionist and know I'd become obsessed about it, and I know I could do make-up well and wouldn't want ppl to be attracted to how I look as opposed to me, if you get what I mean :tongue: lol.
You're right in what you've said, but you really dont even need foundation, if you're in the same position as me and are fortunate enough to have family and friends who love and appreciate you for who you are dont worry about make-up :smile:
Besides, you don't need make-up to attract 'the one' :wink:
All the Best!! :biggrin:
Reply 344
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
I can't get a boyfriend because i'm mad for horses!:colondollar::tongue:
Hmmm, interesting...
I'm socially awkward and boring.
I compare every girl to my perfect ex. Who i still believe i can be with one day so push everyone away in the meantime. Not clever really.
I'm pretty much repugnant.
I have 0 self confidence.

At least, I hope that's the only reason...
Original post by Perplexingly_Jaded
...because im a sarcastic, geeky pervert.

Any takers? :sexface:

I'm pretty sure all those qualities are pluses to about 25% of boys.
Original post by Hooj
Hmmm, interesting...

What on earth is wrong with you?? Troll!! Get over yourself mate, perhaps then you might find a girlfriend/boyfriend and stop trolling innocent threads/insulting nice people!! :mad:
I think it's pretty darn obvious why you can't find someone.....
Reply 351
What on earth is wrong with you?? Troll!! Get over yourself mate, perhaps then you might find a girlfriend/boyfriend and stop trolling innocent threads/insulting nice people!! :mad:
I think it's pretty darn obvious why you can't find someone.....

:colone: Yuv mad for it gurl.
It's great to know there are more ppl who feel the same way out there!! :biggrin:
Well I also suffer with spots a lot of the time (due to constant boughts of tonsilitis that are poisoning my system - not acne), but I still would never resort to make-up of any kind :tongue: I'm a perfectionist and know I'd become obsessed about it, and I know I could do make-up well and wouldn't want ppl to be attracted to how I look as opposed to me, if you get what I mean :tongue: lol.
You're right in what you've said, but you really dont even need foundation, if you're in the same position as me and are fortunate enough to have family and friends who love and appreciate you for who you are dont worry about make-up :smile:
Besides, you don't need make-up to attract 'the one' :wink:
All the Best!! :biggrin:

That's sweet. :smile: I'm only a perfectionist when it comes to writing. I'm never pleased. :lol: It's pretty funny the only guy who ever actually asked me out mostly saw me without make-up, because we both went to this same club and they weren't keen on make-up there. Since I plan to move far away once I leave school, what the guys here think of me doesn't matter a bit. I just prefer wearing it. But I wouldn't dissolve into tears if I ran out. A friend of mine is so paranoid about it that she never lets us see her without it. Even at sleepovers. She hides under her sleeping bag and reapplies it. :lol: She's a great friend though so it doesn't really matter.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
That's sweet. :smile: I'm only a perfectionist when it comes to writing. I'm never pleased. :lol: It's pretty funny the only guy who ever actually asked me out mostly saw me without make-up, because we both went to this same club and they weren't keen on make-up there. Since I plan to move far away once I leave school, what the guys here think of me doesn't matter a bit. I just prefer wearing it. But I wouldn't dissolve into tears if I ran out. A friend of mine is so paranoid about it that she never lets us see her without it. Even at sleepovers. She hides under her sleeping bag and reapplies it. :lol: She's a great friend though so it doesn't really matter.

I too have some fantastic friends who rely on their make-up as much as wearing clothes, but of course, that's their choice - I just dont think girls should be made to feel that way, everyone's beautiful in their own way, hiding away from who you really are is not the key to happiness, imo anyway :smile:
Of course what guys think of you doesnt matter, not unless they're worth bothering with!! :tongue: hehehe, And of course then they're fond of you for you!! :biggrin:
Oh I'm a perfectionist with everything, writing, everything to do with Horse Riding/Horse Care etc, the way I look, what I do - everything, my Family think I have a bit of OCD :redface: lol.
I can't get a boyfriend because I'm ginger (with curlyish hair) and I'm 6ft tall. So I've got a double whammy of huge points against me :L
It's not that I can't get a boyfriend, as I've recently found out guys are actually attracted to me, it's just either single guys I know who arent good friends are too bound by religion to make a move, really nice but incompatible with my personality and sense of humour, or too indimidated/scared to approach me directly :tongue:

I'm not very self-confident, I'm a shy person so have an embarassing blush-reflex, I have morals, I don't wear make-up, don't drink/smoke etc, have a real passion and purpose in Life, and for a short person I can stick up for myself pretty darn well so don't put up with any messin, most of the time I can't tell whether the guy is joking or not either - turns out some of them weren't :tongue:

Besides, I shall have a boyfriend once 'he' finds me, I would never 'search' for a boyfriend, as my Life is pretty fufilled as it is, so perhaps that puts guys off too, who knows!! :tongue:
Either way, whether a guy decides to fall for me for real or not makes not a lot of difference, it would be nice to feel Loved but if that's not meant to happen that's not meant to happen - I'm a great believer in fate :wink:

This, apart from the not drinking/smoking/putting on make up :tongue:
I want to know how you got one? you seem like an arrogant prick. :biggrin:
honestly, i can't get a boyfriend because i'm too nervous.
well, i can get one, i just don't:frown:
Reply 358
The idea of being completely vulnerable with another human being terrifies me.
...I can't look after myself, let alone someone else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending