The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Warrior King
So it must be true what they say about Manchester Met Students right? I.E. They're all stupid?

Oh dear, you couldn't come up with a rational, sensible argument so instead had to resort to petty insults? That doesn't exactly speak volumes about you and your intelligence now, does it?

Kind of creepy how you've gone off and found stuff out about me as well.
Original post by tinywings
Oh dear, you couldn't come up with a rational, sensible argument so instead had to resort to petty insults? That doesn't exactly speak volumes about you and your intelligence now, does it?

Kind of creepy how you've gone off and found stuff out about me as well.

It's kind of creepy you might have children one day.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Choccielatte

Not really.

And the index finger thing has been proven (to an extent) by scientists: http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/index_finger_length_predicts_penis_size.shtml

There's a definite link, at any rate. The foot thing is a myth

Is that the whole thing about the levels of testosterone you're exposed to at birth? I.E. - the longer your ring finger in comparison to your index finger, the more well hung you are/bigger libido? I saw that on a programme a while back! I knew it was true! :p:
Reply 83
Not really.

And the index finger thing has been proven (to an extent) by scientists: http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/index_finger_length_predicts_penis_size.shtml

There's a definite link, at any rate. The foot thing is a myth

LOL. You believe that? There have been made tons of scientific studies which prove that penis size isn't related to height, weight, build, nose, foot, toe, hand or finger size.
But I guess that's typical women. They always want to believe that they can guess a guy's penis size by the size of his body, nose, feet or hands, no matter how much scientific evidence you throw at them.

And did you even read the article? I don't think so, so here's a quote from it:

"We realize that the study population was relatively inadequate and suggest that a greater scale study with a significantly larger number of subjects is needed to confirm the observations, particularly the demonstrated trend of penile length with index finger length".
Reply 84
You won't get any girls cus small men have small peens.
Reply 85
Ignorance is bliss.

Hardly creepy. I like to know a bit more about the bimbo behind the moronic statements and I suppose your stats confirm you place amongst that select group of "intellectuals" haha.

What do you study then? Media Studies? Fashion and Textiles? Bimbo-ology?

Design and Art Direction, actually :wink:

Yeah, it is pretty weird, really. I've not gone back and poured over your posts because, quite frankly, I don't care who you are or what you do. It's not really relevant. I don't judge someone by the university they go to.

I'm stupid/a bimbo/sleep around/drink all the time just because I attend a certain university. Now who's being discriminatory and judgmental? Way to contradict yourself.

You're hardly coming across as a pinnacle of intelligence. You're really not doing yourself any favours by being so aggressive and childish. You're argument would hold so much more weight if you could remain calm, civil, and didn't feel the need to resort to low blows such as "lol u go 2 bad uni ur dumb ho". You're just making yourself look ridiculous.
Design and Art Direction, actually :wink:

Yeah, it is pretty weird, really. I've not gone back and poured over your posts because, quite frankly, I don't care who you are or what you do. It's not really relevant. I don't judge someone by the university they go to.

I'm stupid/a bimbo/sleep around/drink all the time just because I attend a certain university. Now who's being discriminatory and judgmental? Way to contradict yourself.

You're hardly coming across as a pinnacle of intelligence. You're really not doing yourself any favours by being so aggressive and childish. You're argument would hold so much more weight if you could remain calm, civil, and didn't feel the need to resort to low blows such as "lol u go 2 bad uni ur dumb ho". You're just making yourself look ridiculous.

If you'd read over my comments you'd realise I was offering a rational explaination and drawing the parallells between heightism and racism and all forms of discrimination. To judge someone on their height is no worse than any other form of discrimination it's just that we as a society don't seem compelled to address that issue....yet. You justify that rejecting somebody because you find them unattractive due to physical features (in this case height) isn't discriminatory. You disimissing that worth of an individual based on a physical trait based predominantly on their genetics i.e. something which they have little control over. This is no different to other physical traits such as race, skin colour, eye colour and mental traits such as sexual orientation.

If you were to dismiss somebody based on the fact that they either not a nice person or you found their behaviour rather alarming or threatening then that's completely different.

Saying somebody isn't as worthy as another human being because of their height is just as bad as racism. Discrimination is the same no matter what form it takes. Now if you care to go back and read my posts you'd realise I have put across quite an intelligent argument. But you're obviously so far removed within your own rectum that you just can't comprehend reality. Just make sure you don't get an anal fissure when you do eventually pull your head out.
Reply 87
I wouldnt date a 5"4 guy because I'm 5"6 myself. I love tall men, they are just sexy height wise lol!
All my ex boyfriends have been between 6"2 and 6"4.
Im thinking to break the mould and to date a 5"8 guy soon :tongue: He just tick all the boxes, and hey you cant have everything perfect.
I dont short guy as i dont want to look down and but up in beautiful eyes :biggrin:
And you know what they say abt men with big feet lol!
Reply 88
It is if it's for something as superficial as height or race as it shows that you don't have the intelligence or the moral values to accept or view that person for who they are; a human being.

Making an opinion on somebody based on their height is no different to racial/sexual discrimination.

We just don't make an issue of height discrimination. If we did the fashion houses would go into meltdown. Frankly I think the fashion industry is a disgrace that it bases success on such superficial factors.

Frankly I think anyone who discriminates against another human being based on their appearance, religion, sexual orientation, should just drop dead and rot in hell. You're the unattractive ones.

I feel very strongly about racism hence my display picture. The same applies to all forms of discrimination.

Moral values won't help you against biology buddy.
a dwarf?
Original post by Divine Potato
I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

EDIT: I am 20 by the way :frown:.

If it makes you feel any better the guy in my 6th form I have a giant crush on is about 5'4" :s-smilie: Personally, I don't think it matters :L
Either you can't read English or your tiny brain can't comprehend the rationale of my argument.

To be honest I'm not surprised; you study at Manchester Met University. I mean even words like logical and rational are above your level I'm impressed.

The only person whiney and spineless is you. You have been presented with rational arguments and yet you blindly ignore them. I dread to wonder what you study...infact do you people actually study at Manchester Met? Most of the time aren't you out getting pissed, sleeping with randomers and then walking into GUM clinics the next morning?

I am appalled by your aggressiveness and general rudeness. Instead of providing counter arguments and focussing on the issue you just went ahead and randomly insulted tinywings for no good reason. I can't believe you gave a rant about discrimination an outward appearances being secondary and then started making offensive assumptions about people you don't even know based on their choice of university. I'd say you were a troll if you didn't have an established account.

I believe her point is valid. You can't force physical attraction on people and you can't deny that physical attraction is a major part of any meaningful relationship. Don't tell me you don't have sexual preferences. Besides if you don't want to jump someone's bones then that doesn't mean you hate their guts. I don't feel like plowing Obama or Oprah Winfrey yet that doesn't mean I don't admire them or that I hate black people subconsciously.

I really don't know what event could have made you so bitter and cynical about people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Lovely88
I wouldnt date a 5"4 guy because I'm 5"6 myself. I love tall men, they are just sexy height wise lol!
All my ex boyfriends have been between 6"2 and 6"4.
Im thinking to break the mould and to date a 5"8 guy soon :tongue: He just tick all the boxes, and hey you cant have everything perfect.
I dont short guy as i dont want to look down and but up in beautiful eyes :biggrin:
And you know what they say abt men with big feet lol!

My God, another brainless bimbo who is also a heightist and a size-queen.
And people still refuse to believe that women are more shallow than men? Incredible.
Reply 93
If you'd read over my comments you'd realise I was offering a rational explaination and drawing the parallells between heightism and racism and all forms of discrimination. To judge someone on their height is no worse than any other form of discrimination it's just that we as a society don't seem compelled to address that issue....yet. You justify that rejecting somebody because you find them unattractive due to physical features (in this case height) isn't discriminatory. You disimissing that worth of an individual based on a physical trait based predominantly on their genetics i.e. something which they have little control over. This is no different to other physical traits such as race, skin colour, eye colour and mental traits such as sexual orientation.

If you were to dismiss somebody based on the fact that they either not a nice person or you found their behaviour rather alarming or threatening then that's completely different.

Saying somebody isn't as worthy as another human being because of their height is just as bad as racism. Discrimination is the same no matter what form it takes. Now if you care to go back and read my posts you'd realise I have put across quite an intelligent argument. But you're obviously so far removed within your own rectum that you just can't comprehend reality. Just make sure you don't get an anal fissure when you do eventually pull your head out.

Just because I disagree with you does not mean I have not read your posts. I'm sorry, but I just don't think "discrimination is the same not matter what form it takes" and "not being sexually attracted to someone means you think they're lesser people" are intelligent arguments, there are lots of different forms of discrimination. I dare you to say "saying somebody isn't as worthy as another human being because of their height is just as bad as racism" to someone who's actually experienced racism. Do you honestly think being short is the same as being a racial minority. Do you really think being turned down by a couple of girls is the same as hundreds years of oppression? Can you not see how ridiculous that is? I might not go to a prestigious uni, but I doubt you'll find anyone of academic note on the issue of discrimination who'd agree with you. In fact they'd probably be quite shocked and horrified by your views. However, I can see we're obviously not going to agree on the issue.

Again with the petty insults. Am I allowed to dismiss you because you're not a nice person and I find your behaviour both alarming and threatening?
(edited 13 years ago)
Not hiring a black barrister isn't the same thing, I don't need to be attracted to my barrister for him to do his job properly. However I do need to be attracted to someone in order to have a relationship with them. It's not necessary to be physically attracted to someone to treat them with respect.

Exactly. Good post. :smile:

I think also that people tend to overthink these things when they are not thinking of a specific person. People are born with certain characteristics that don't change, like height, facial appearance, body shape etc. and to pick and choose people based on a chosen physical characteristic in isolation is a very very clinical way of looking at attraction.

The more realistic situation is you end up fancying someone through a combination of personality and appearance, so often we are happy to reach compromises in terms of appearance if the personality is spot on (and visa versa too?) Think about the range of people you've fancied in real life, I bet they don't fit into some pre-defined shopping list so easily.

I don't deny it, a lot of women do have a thing for height but then again a lot don't care. [Straight] women are more interested in men's faces than bodies in general (they're more likely to fancy a guy with a hot face and ok body than a dude with average face but body of an adonis*) so height isn't as big a deal as everyone thinks it is. I know short guys who whinge about height but in their cases its a general lack of confidence that is an issue.

For the record I think short[ish] guys are lovely, have dated a few and always prefered them to the 6ft+ giants. My preference for height is someone my height give or take a few inches. I'm 5ft 7. Most girls are shorter than me though so I wouldn't expect it'd be hard to find girls who would date a 5ft 4 guy. :smile:

*men are the opposite. This is based on a study but I don't trust half these stupid psychological experiments and am basing this theory on anecdotal evidence.
Reply 95
Women always over or underestimate when it comes to size. :colonhash:

Every girl thinks they have slept with a guy who has a 10inch cocks, lol women.
Original post by Yawn11
Women always over or underestimate when it comes to size. :colonhash:

Every girl thinks they have slept with a guy who has a 10inch cocks, lol women.

Given the ability of some women in parking their cars... 10 inches can appear to be about the size a regular matchstick.
Reply 97
Original post by black_mamba

I think also that people tend to overthink these things when they are not thinking of a specific person. People are born with certain characteristics that don't change, like height, facial appearance, body shape etc. and to pick and choose people based on a chosen physical characteristic in isolation is a very very clinical way of looking at attraction.

Nevertheless that's exactly what most women do.

black_mamba
I don't deny it, a lot of women do have a thing for height but then again a lot don't care. [Straight] women are more interested in men's faces than bodies in general (they're more likely to fancy a guy with a hot face and ok body than a dude with average face but body of an adonis*) so height isn't as big a deal as everyone thinks it is. I know short guys who whinge about height but in their cases its a general lack of confidence that is an issue.

This is just not true. Women love to use to the confidence-excuse (or the chemistry or short man syndrome excuse), when in fact she's just lying so that other people won't accuse her of being a shallow heightist.
So it must be true what they say about Manchester Met Students right? I.E. They're all stupid?

Oh, shut up. You're being utterly ridiculous, you can't call someone a racist for not being attracted to a person of a certain race. It's the nature of sexual attraction, it's discriminative.
Reply 99
Original post by Divine Potato
I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

EDIT: I am 20 by the way :frown:.

I normally say things like this don't matter, but this is the one thing every woman I know ALWAYS says is important. It's the one physical feature that is 99.9999% of the time a requirement. I do not know what you should do...being short is probably the worst thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending