The Student Room Group

World of Warcraft players...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Your a human

humans kill people

that makes you a killer.

Oh, it doesnt?
How about you stop generalising the MILLIONS of people who play world of warcraft .. you know.. cuz you cant generalise millions of people like that, stupid idiot.
Reply 21
Most regular online forum users are socially inept.

Yea, we can all generalize.
GUYS THERE IS A REVELATION!!!!
WE CAN MAKE GENERALISATIONS AS LONG AS WE ACKNOWLEDGE THEY ARE GENERALISATIONS!

Anyone see the irony here?
Original post by 01010000 01001010
I suppose this is regarded as normal by you then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZEICSz_aLU

That's disturbing on 2 levels.

1) He acted in that way

2) He watched it and decided to upload it.
I think the OPs statements are valid to an extent, but only to the truly hardcore players. I know some people who've based their lives around it and it isn't right, but I think people who only play it a bit, like a hobby, aren't really harmed by it.
Reply 25
I dont play WoW
Sorry to ruin your little arguement :smile:
Its a shame to think that your only comeback was to assume i played it, which i dont, i feel sorry for you.

So, all millions who play it are socially inept?
Including business owners, celebrities, CEO's? (yes, they have been proven to play, go do some research)

How about having an actual come back, now you know i dont play it and now you know people who obviously are socially inept play it .. care to say anything that contributes to the arguement?
Reply 26
Original post by 01010000 01001010
I suppose this is regarded as normal by you then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZEICSz_aLU

Jonothan Donaldson is a ledge don't diss (yes that's right I have his dox :cool:).
A. That aggression thing is an example, we have alot of soldiers/murderers/killers (whatever you want to call them) in the world, it's just an example of your generalisation.

B. I don't think you understand. You are making a generalisation and you said that you are, which backs up your argument because we know it's a generalisation?, though the answer to your question is "You've made a generalisation".

Im guessing you haven't done well generally.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Excandersham
That's disturbing on 2 levels.

1) He acted in that way

2) He watched it and decided to upload it.

He also took pictures of his hand after and uploaded them, and he also did the same to the wall when he lost his job at Asda :erm:
Reply 29
What social skills? who the **** needs social skills? everything is possible online (shopping, entertainment...etc) You're just jealous because you aint got nothing on us gamers; go back to your girls, alcohol and partying LMAO! sado LOL!
Reply 30
If you have never raided on WoW (or competed in high end pvp) then you cannot really say you play it/have played it to the socially inept level
Reply 31
Your post makes no real sense at all.
Ye, call people who are on this forum who are 90% going to, gone to or at university.. thick? . Wow... its gotta take a real **** to think that (:
Having glanced over the replies on here, it's perhaps safe to say some of you have given the OP 'evidence'.
Reply 33
I used to and do still play WoW. Most of the player base are what you class as "normal" humans, I mean I find time to play WoW and have a reasonable raid schedule aswell as go out on nights out and i'm pretty high up in my social group. The small fraction that are like you describe are the only ones that make it into the real world as they commit suicide or die from not eating enough.

At the end of the day you should try just asking your mates, might turn out they are or have played WoW in the past
Original post by Tommyjw
Your post makes no real sense at all.
Ye, call people who are on this forum who are 90% going to, gone to or at university.. thick? . Wow... its gotta take a real **** to think that (:

Pardon my intrusion, but you're one hell of a stalker!

Original post by Philster07
I used to and do still play WoW. Most of the player base are what you class as "normal" humans, I mean I find time to play WoW and have a reasonable raid schedule aswell as go out on nights out and i'm pretty high up in my social group. The small fraction that are like you describe are the only ones that make it into the real world as they commit suicide or die from not eating enough.

At the end of the day you should try just asking your mates, might turn out they are or have played WoW in the past

So you're all classed as humans... How many of you are dwarves?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Lmfao

I now actually facepalmed :facepalm:

Yep, all these kids doing degrees at oxbridge , or top tens.. or whatever.. how stupid they must be.
World of warcraft players... are losers.

i know one girl in my uni course, she hardly goes out drinking with us as she makes reasonable excuses but it turned out all those excuses are lies and she plays "WOW" every night
Reply 37
We apply to medical school, fail to get any interviews, then try and apply to medical school again and get a few interviews and hope to get in the second time. Oh, and get in to study Biochemistry at Imperial (although I'm not sure if that deters or reinforces your steretoype :tongue:)

Because, you know, you can judge an entire group of people linked by a single characteristics on a very small sample size.
Reply 38
Original post by Ascendansy
Pardon my intrusion, but you're one hell of a stalker!

Umm.. what?

Original post by big-boss-91
World of warcraft players... are losers.

i know one girl in my uni course, she hardly goes out drinking with us as she makes reasonable excuses but it turned out all those excuses are lies and she plays "WOW" every night

Well done for joining the generalisation band wagon. Wasnt aware that girl represented the whole 12 million + players.
Original post by Tommyjw
Umm.. what?

Seeing as how you've failed to realise what I was saying, I would've reiterated on my point and made it slightly more obvious...but at this time, I can't be asked. Think it through tommorow, will ya.

Quick Reply

Latest