The Student Room Group

Self-Teaching A-Levels HELP! =)

Hi everyone =)

I was wondering whether

1. It is possible to actually self-teach a-levels and get good grades.
2. Can my subjects be self-taught with good results?

My college is a total failure, I haven't had a stable teacher in my A2 subjects since the academic year began. My subjects are A2 Sociology, A2 Psychology and AS English Lang and Lit (Psych and Eng are AQA A and Socio AQA)

Help is desperately needed as I want to do some intense learning over XMAS (No Jan exams for A2 due to the teacher issues =\ so I have plenty of time :smile:)
Original post by Lazz
Hi everyone =)

I was wondering whether

1. It is possible to actually self-teach a-levels and get good grades.
2. Can my subjects be self-taught with good results?

My college is a total failure, I haven't had a stable teacher in my A2 subjects since the academic year began. My subjects are A2 Sociology, A2 Psychology and AS English Lang and Lit (Psych and Eng are AQA A and Socio AQA)

Help is desperately needed as I want to do some intense learning over XMAS (No Jan exams for A2 due to the teacher issues =\ so I have plenty of time :smile:)

If I was to do 'self-study' then I'd actually pick A-levels rather than doing some rare difficult engineering that I did in college.

Self-study is a very good skill, I have a lecturer (guy) who has a beard, wears a pink jumper, wears some tramp jeans and is rubbish at teaching.

There are lots of resources available for A-levels such as bitesize, books, etc.

You could borrow some books from your college.

I've once did all of my advanced maths myself, it was actually a distance learning I did.

Goodluck with your studies.

Edited: Forgot to tell you that my mathematics senior lecturer swears when teaching. He smells of strong black coffee, and yes, he is a avid fan of black coffee.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest