The Student Room Group

How to Get Out of Doing Something

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bubbles0ox
"i'm not very good at maths, and I've got work I could be getting on with myself."

Genius!
Original post by Liam 09
Genius!

:wink: thanks.
Reply 22
bring a good maths revision guide with you that you can refer to if you dont know what to do and if you arent very good then they probably wont ask you back so its ok :wink:

just go for it and help them!
Original post by Prime500
Anyone reckon I should phone them back and say, "sorry, I can't do it"?

Really don't have time for this :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

You've got no one to be angry with but yourself. You're the one who said you'd do it.

Take a chill pill. Phone back and say you don't have the time because you have your own work to be getting on with.
Reply 24
Original post by CookieDoughLove
You've got no one to be angry with but yourself. You're the one who said you'd do it.

Take a chill pill. Phone back and say you don't have the time because you have your own work to be getting on with.

Yes I know this, the only reason I said yes in the first place was because I didn't want to sound like a dick on the phone.
Reply 25
Original post by TableChair
Just ****ing help them?

I'm ****e at maths so I cant ****ing help them
I would have suggested getting your own work done in the past three hours instead of spending the time on TSR.
Unless it's inconveniently far away, you should just go there and help your cousin.
Reply 27
Original post by Beleg Cuthalion
I would have suggested getting your own work done in the past three hours instead of spending the time on TSR.
Unless it's inconveniently far away, you should just go there and help your cousin.

This is the third time I have checked back in the last few hours. I'm not very good at maths so I'm unsure what help I will be to them, if any, the only reason I said I would help them is I was putn on the spot on the phone. Not the most illogical reaction ever, surely.
(edited 13 years ago)
Well, unless again it's quite far away, I'd just go there and maybe you won't have to stay very long if they realize you're not going to be able to help them.
Yes I know this, the only reason I said yes in the first place was because I didn't want to sound like a dick on the phone.

Could you maybe text back? Then you don't have to speak directly to them?
I'm ****e at maths so I cant ****ing help them

Then why did they ask you?
Say you thought you'd have to time to when you agreed earlier but you've started some of your work and there's way more than you realised to get done/ on talking to a friend about the work they said there was more work that you didn't write down/remember/hear about...and say you are feeling a bit panicky now about your own work because you really had no idea it was going to be such an issue....
Reply 32
Just tell your parents that if you help her she'll get a lower mark than if she'd revised alone :dontknow:
Reply 33
Just tell your cousin to go on bite size, sorted
Reply 34
Original post by TableChair
Then why did they ask you?

you tell me
you tell me

Because they wanted a **** to help their daughter?
Reply 36
My aunt phoned up and asked if I could go over to help my cousin with her maths revision (she has an exam coming up) and when on the phone I was put on the spot a bit and I said yes, but when I hung up I was thinking "Christ, I really wish I'd said no" the reason being i'm not very good at maths, and I've got work I could be getting on with myself.

Any ideas I could use to get out of doing it?

Ring her back, and, in the sleaziest voice possible, say:

"I really can't wait to give my cousin some 1-on-1 tuition, if ya know what I mean"

If you pull that off, then you'll find that you're aunt will probably never ask you to do anything again
(edited 13 years ago)
Imagine, if you spent all the time you were complain on TSR studying, you would have time for both, and more!
You don't have the time but you do have the time to post a thread about it...

Then again I can't say much.
Pretend you have a fever. Or pretend you have another exam. Or just say you found out you weren't available or your car/'s exploded.

Quick Reply

Latest