The Student Room Group

I've lost a cm in height!

Since the new year I've been exercising more.Mainly cycling and doing resistance training ( machines not hardcore stuff like squats and deadlifts). I should stretch more TBh ESP after cycling as I do have tight hip flexors as noted by a physio. Thought exercise would maximise height,not make you shrink.

Just seeing if it's worth seeing a gp to check my posture and maybe getting another height measurement.
(edited 13 years ago)
That is not a cm.

Your 18 so you will probably grow.
Sounds like you're dying.
Surely one of the measurements must have been wrong, or you must have been standing differently?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
When people get older, they start shrinking...
Reply 5
Neither measurement is going to be 100% accurate. 1 cm sounds like an acceptable variable tbh.
Reply 6
Measure yourself at the start of the day. Measure yourself at the end of the day. You will have shrunk. Measure yourself at the start of the next day. You will have grown back.
Reply 7
Original post by bdcoll
Measure yourself at the start of the day. Measure yourself at the end of the day. You will have shrunk. Measure yourself at the start of the next day. You will have grown back.

This is exactly what I was going to say. A 1cm variation is nothing to get alarmed about.
Reply 8
Ok, I guess it was differences in measuring technique// time if day.The machine also underestimated my weight by 3 kg and I did use the stationary bike earlier that day.
Reply 9
Bro, you're quite short. No girls will like you.
Reply 10
Original post by lordtreize
August 2009 height 177.7cm GP
February 2010 height 177.7cm Gp
August 2010 176.4 cm boots machine

Since the new year I've been exercising more.Mainly cycling and doing resistance training ( machines not hardcore stuff like squats and deadlifts). I should stretch more TBh ESP after cycling as I do have tight hip flexors as noted by a physio. Thought exercise would maximise height,not make you shrink.

Just seeing if it's worth seeing a gp to check my posture and maybe getting another height measurement.

At least you have not lost a cm in 'length'.
Reply 11
1cm is a peferctly acceptable amount of height to 'lose'. I'm sure you'll be another cm taller tomorrow.

I, on the other hand, used to be a shoe size 5. I am now 3 1/2 or a 4. :confused:
Reply 12
Original post by u4m1r
Bro, you're quite short. No girls will like you.

See.That's why I'm concerned.I must protect what little I've got.No pun intended.I suppose there has to be little people to make you 6'2 ers tall
Reply 13
Original post by lordtreize
See.That's why I'm concerned.I must protect what little I've got.No pun intended.I suppose there has to be little people to make you 6'2 ers tall

Bro you mad, I'm even shorter than you.
Reply 14
Original post by u4m1r
Bro you mad, I'm even shorter than you.

We'll be single together then.
Reply 15
Original post by balface
1cm is a peferctly acceptable amount of height to 'lose'. I'm sure you'll be another cm taller tomorrow.

I, on the other hand, used to be a shoe size 5. I am now 3 1/2 or a 4. :confused:

Your feet shrank?:eek:
Reply 16
Original post by Hooj
Your feet shrank?:eek:

Yup. It was really annoying because I used to borrow my mum's shoes as we were the same size but now my shoe selection is much more limited.

I have no idea how it happened!
Reply 17
Original post by balface
Yup. It was really annoying because I used to borrow my mum's shoes as we were the same size but now my shoe selection is much more limited.

I have no idea how it happened!

Must be that foot spa you keep using, it's shriveling your feet.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest