The Student Room Group

I like to be fat! Am I wrong?

I am 19-20 stoneish and about 5ft 4. I know that I'm like morbidly obese or something. I like playing computer games all day long and food actually makes me happy! I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die!

Am I wrong that I like that I am so fat? It hurts me that people look at me like I am some sort of hippo or something.

The reason why I posted this in general discussion and not H&R is because I want to know why it isn't socially acceptable that people like me (who like to be obese) aren't treated equally.

We're all meant to be comfortable with our own body, right?

Scroll to see replies

wtf you must be practically circular!
Reply 2
Original post by fortunecookie
wtf you must be practically circular!

Yeah but what if I actually like being circular??? It's people like you that make me angry and then you go around saying "you have to be comfortable in your own body".
Reply 3
Err, I'm not a troll actually. Okay, what about smokers? They are killing themselves but why is smoking acceptable and not obesity? I know I'm f****** fat but I can't help it if I genuinely have medical issues. Okay, my eating doesn't help but why am I being spurned by society for this?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Yes, you are wrong. You being fat is detrimental to the human race, which is the same race as me. This upsets me.

Also, its ugly to look at and I like to look at pretty things.

Don't kid yourself, you do not eat because you want to try everything. Get that right out of your head. If that were true you would not be repeatedly shoving mars bars down your throat (they do not change with consumption).
Reply 5
Psychologically, you'd have to be comfortable with your own body. Though physiologically, for the sake of your health, it's best if you try to reduce your weight, in a healthy manner of course.
Reply 6
Original post by angelscape
Psychologically, you'd have to be comfortable with your own body. Though physiologically, for the sake of your health, it's best if you try to reduce your weight, in a healthy manner of course.

I've tried so hard but I just can't shift the weight :frown: I've just grown to love my body the way it is I guess. I mean I can't really walk very well because my knees hurt like hell.

I lost about 3 stone when I dieted once but I put on another extra 5 stone after so it didn't really work. :frown:
Reply 7
i think it's great that you're comfortable in being the person that you are
Reply 8
Original post by mediaroom
Err, I'm not a troll actually. Okay, what about smokers? They are killing themselves but why is smoking acceptable and not obesity? I know I'm f****** fat but I can't help it if I genuinely have medical issues. Okay, my eating doesn't help but why am I being spurned by society for this?

Cause fat is ugly

You can smoke and still be smoking hot.
Reply 9
Original post by Gynok
i think it's great that you're comfortable in being the person that you are

Aw thank you, it's people like you that make me feel better.

Original post by Yawn11
Cause fat is ugly

But don't you think 'fat is ugly' is just a thing we've invented as a soceity? Fat people can be really hot too, I've got big boobs, is that not hot?
Reply 10
Aw thank you, it's people like you that make me feel better.

But don't you think 'fat is ugly' is just a thing we've invented as a soceity? Fat people can be really hot too, I've got big boobs, is that not hot?

No fat is just ugly. Obesity is only a problem in western culture where we eat for the hell of it. Places like Africa or Asia, have a small % obesity. Fat is looks unhealthy and is there for unattractive.

And you say you have big boobs? PM me a pic and I'll be the judge. Topless mind you.

Big boobs only usually look hot on thin women, doesn't really count if you're fat.
Do you not care about your appearance?
Do you not care about your sexual appeal?
Do you not care about what impression you might be giving to foreigners or aliens?
Evidently...no.
Original post by Yawn11
Cause fat is ugly

I see wut you did tharr. :holmes:

More to the point, there are those strange people who have a thing for fatties so you could always stick with the sitting at a computer/eating the worlds food before you die of heart attack.
Reply 13
Original post by Ricky116
Yes, you are wrong. You being fat is detrimental to the human race, which is the same race as me. This upsets me.

Also, its ugly to look at and I like to look at pretty things.

Don't kid yourself, you do not eat because you want to try everything. Get that right out of your head. If that were true you would not be repeatedly shoving mars bars down your throat (they do not change with consumption).

I was ROFL'ing! Ahh, pos-rep for you, sir.
This bit especially. :colone:
If this isn't a troll, then all I can say is as long as you're happy then that's fine. However, according to the NHS, assuming you're 19-20, then you have a BMI of 48.4, which is off the scale. You may be happy now (I doubt it) but such abuse of your body will only lead to major health complications as you get older.

If you are a troll, well played sir.
Reply 15
Yeah these guy's have a point.

Being overwieght is just not healthy. It'll lead to serious problems with your body, which will more then likely lead to serious heart problems, strokes or possibly death.

I mean, being happy in your own body is great. But seriously, its not ALWAYS the best option. :p:
Reply 16

But you dont; you just said you liked eating for the sake of it.

Jog roll on.
It is likely that you will suffer conditions like heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, gout, arthritis and breathing problems, among other things, sometime in the near future. You will also cost the economy hundreds of thousands of pounds in terms of the work you could have done, the medical fees you incur and the welfare benefits that you receive because you cannot work.

I don't care if you like being fat, but spare a thought for the taxpayers who will pay for your selfishness.
Reply 18
Troll tread, but agree with the point op is making
Reply 19
Oi oi fatty, better stop scoffing or your veins will look like my hosepipe filled with marshmallows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending