The Student Room Group

I like to be fat! Am I wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
just imagine OP if you went on the gorge 4man grill and how much fat would be in the dish at the bottom jesus you'd fill a bathtub with your disgusting protective layers but you're probably much warmer in this winter time.
Reply 21
I know it is a hugely widespread problem, but I have never really understood how someone can get fat...I feel pretty guilty having gone a day without a visit to the gym..
Reply 22
Gosh, you're a rather chubby person.

If you're happy with being that spherical - I suppose that's fine, but doesn't it limit you an awful lot if, say, you wanted to go hang-gliding or something? Or even if you wanted to do something simple like go for a swim at the beach?
Reply 23
Original post by Shmeiks
I know it is a hugely widespread problem, but I have never really understood how someone can get fat...I feel pretty guilty having gone a day without a visit to the gym..

It's actually pretty easy to get fat... laziness and overeating as well as a general apathy about it. I should know, been there, done that.

Now I've still got a fair bit of weight to lose :rolleyes: I kick myself everyday for allowing myself to get that fat :mad:
Reply 24
Original post by Shmeiks

:awesome:
Reply 25
It's not healthy to be that fat. It's wrong to want to be unhealthy... If you carry on you will die as a result.
Original post by Ideot
Gosh, you're a rather chubby person.

If you're happy with being that spherical - I suppose that's fine, but doesn't it limit you an awful lot if, say, you wanted to go hang-gliding or something? Or even if you wanted to do something simple like go for a swim at the beach?

Just had visions of a rather large person hang-gliding with hilarious consequences!
Reply 27
Original post by fortunecookie
Just had visions of a rather large person hang-gliding with hilarious consequences!

I know - I was picturing them trying to get off the ground :awesome:
Reply 28
Original post by mediaroom
I am 19-20 stoneish and about 5ft 4. I know that I'm like morbidly obese or something. I like playing computer games all day long and food actually makes me happy! I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die!

Am I wrong that I like that I am so fat? It hurts me that people look at me like I am some sort of hippo or something.

The reason why I posted this in general discussion and not H&R is because I want to know why it isn't socially acceptable that people like me (who like to be obese) aren't treated equally.

We're all meant to be comfortable with our own body, right?

Original post by mediaroom
I am 19-20 stoneish and about 5ft 4. I know that I'm like morbidly obese or something. I like playing computer games all day long and food actually makes me happy! I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die!

Am I wrong that I like that I am so fat? It hurts me that people look at me like I am some sort of hippo or something.

The reason why I posted this in general discussion and not H&R is because I want to know why it isn't socially acceptable that people like me (who like to be obese) aren't treated equally.

We're all meant to be comfortable with our own body, right?

Well, you are.
Original post by Yawn11
No fat is just ugly. Obesity is only a problem in western culture where we eat for the hell of it. Places like Africa or Asia, have a small % obesity. Fat is looks unhealthy and is there for unattractive.

And you say you have big boobs? PM me a pic and I'll be the judge. Topless mind you.

Big boobs only usually look hot on thin women, doesn't really count if you're fat.

Think Egypt officially has the fattest % of women in the world actually... and that's in both africa and asia. :biggrin:

OP: Go ahead, just as long as you're not slagging off slim women for looking like little boys and "not being a real woman" like a lot of fat women do then feel free :smile:
Reply 31
Seriously, if you like yourself and are comfortable with who you are then you just have to accept that its the choice you made for yourself. As you can see regardless of the choices we make in anything, society is going to have an opnion on it and whether we like it or not we will be treated by that opnion - society doesnt like fat, and we get that hammered into us everyday and its not changing any time soon!

Though, from my personal experience I used to be one of those who went on about how happy I was for being bigger but underneath it all I wasnt happy and wanted to change, but didnt think I could.. but I did, lost the weight and got my life back.
(edited 13 years ago)
If that's how you want to live then fair enough, however it shows a somewhat lack of motivation to keep yourself healthy and alive.
Reply 33
Fat troll. If you are real then you should see a doctor and lose weight !
:troll2:
I've always said that my body is just a vehicle for my mind, and a mind like mine deserves a padded ride. :yep:
You can do so much more being slimmer, and you could feel so much better-you may like being overweight, but what about later?
and people accept you more if you do lose the weight; its all about effort, and respect is gained from that.
I've lost a lot of weight, and still losing it, and life is getting better all the time :smile:
In light of this person's other posts, obvious troll. Disappointing...

If this were real, I would so date a girl like this. As long as she knew moderation and looked after her personal hygiene :yep:
Reply 38
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Think Egypt officially has the fattest % of women in the world actually... and that's in both africa and asia. :biggrin:

OP: Go ahead, just as long as you're not slagging off slim women for looking like little boys and "not being a real woman" like a lot of fat women do then feel free :smile:

No Australia has highest level of obesity, then it's America, and then it's Britain.
Reply 39
But like I said, I actually have lost 3 stone in the past even though I put it back on.
I need at least some credit that I reduced 3 stone, that is a lot you know!

I hate how people dislike me because I'm large, just like some of you people here, when I have actually reduced some weight! I know I need the help but why is it that when I have tried, and failed, and accepted my body the way it is, people still dislike that?

I have tried and even though I have thyroid problems, I need help. And I have tried to get help but it genuinely hasn't worked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending