The Student Room Group

My mum is talking to my ex girlfriend, seriously wtf?

Keep anon please.
Basically my ex left me a good 4-5 months ago now.
We have both moved on, she has a new boyfriend and i have a new girlfriend.
The thing is, my ex and my mum used to text eachother sometimes about stuff, like if she was upset or something she would text my mum.

I dont want to hear about my ex anymore, ive moved on and i dont wish to be friends with her or anything.
Well, i come home tonight, my mum goes, 'ive been talking to Sarah'.
I ask what about and she says my ex has got a new car and stuff. Then they were discussing her boyfriend and other things. I ask to see the texts and she says 'No get lost, she's my friend its nothing to do with you anymore'.

She's hidden her phone.
Now i am either being really unreasonable, or i have a right to be very pissed off at this. because

1. Why is my ex suddenly texting my mum about something as trivial as a car, who cares? Who would tell their ex's mother about this?

2. She didnt even get on with my mum that well anyway.

3. My ex must have known full well that i would find out they have been talking.

I'm annoyed because i cope best when things are totally out of my life that i no longer want to be involved with.

Any opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Lol your mums owning you like a bitch.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Keep anon please.
Basically my ex left me a good 4-5 months ago now.
We have both moved on, she has a new boyfriend and i have a new girlfriend.
The thing is, my ex and my mum used to text eachother sometimes about stuff, like if she was upset or something she would text my mum.

I dont want to hear about my ex anymore, ive moved on and i dont wish to be friends with her or anything.
Well, i come home tonight, my mum goes, 'ive been talking to Sarah'.
I ask what about and she says my ex has got a new car and stuff. Then they were discussing her boyfriend and other things. I ask to see the texts and she says 'No get lost, she's my friend its nothing to do with you anymore'.

She's hidden her phone.
Now i am either being really unreasonable, or i have a right to be very pissed off at this. because

1. Why is my ex suddenly texting my mum about something as trivial as a car, who cares? Who would tell their ex's mother about this?

3. My ex must have known full well that i would find out they have been talking.

I'm annoyed because i cope best when things are totally out of my life that i no longer want to be involved with.

Any opinions?

Ditto. Have you considered telling your mother to grow up?
Reply 4
Absolutely nothing to do with you about who your mother talks to. Stop being paranoid it's not like she asked her over for dinner.
Reply 5
That's pretty weird.
Reply 6
tell your mum how you feel calmly and you shouldnt be able to read the text because they are between your mum and her, no matter how much you like it

edit: tell you would rather they didnt discuss you and if she has to contact her then your mum can atleast do that
(edited 13 years ago)
No, I'd want to know what the texts said myself.

I don't think you're being unreasonable, your mum should put your feelings first and not make contact with her.

Your story suggests otherwise. :curious:
That'd annoy me too - but I'd be more annoyed a my mum. If you want to cut your ex out of your life and haven't remained friends I think your mum should respect your feelings and not be all friendly with her - she's acting really childish actually.
Reply 10
My mum talks to my ex on facebook all the time. I don't even have a facebook, and haven't spoken to him in over a year. It really doesn't bother me...
Sounds like your ex has found a new passive aggressive strategy to annoy you. Good luck with that.
The next time she says "I've been talking to Sarah" just say "I dont care". Make it clear you dont want to hear about her any more.

If its "nothing to do with you" why does she insist on updating you on your ex? Stupid woman (sorry I know she's your mum but...)
Reply 13
The funny thing is its pretty obvious my ex is using my mother as a 'middle man' to pass messages on because she cant pass messages from herself to me without it being ridiculous. 'Hey, btw my boyfriend is 6ft 4 etc etc'. So she is telling my mum these things as she knows my mum will find out.
It is a form of passive aggression i think...
What to do about it, hmmmmm
Reply 14
Wrote that wrong, i meant to say, 'So she is telling my mum these things as she knows i will find out through her'
The funny thing is its pretty obvious my ex is using my mother as a 'middle man' to pass messages on because she cant pass messages from herself to me without it being ridiculous. 'Hey, btw my boyfriend is 6ft 4 etc etc'. So she is telling my mum these things as she knows my mum will find out.
It is a form of passive aggression i think...
What to do about it, hmmmmm

Be the bigger person and ignore it?

Seems like she's baiting you, don't fall for it and get pissed off, just say "oh cool" or "that's nice" when your mum talks about it even if you don't mean it - as your mum could be texting your responses back to your ex for all you know.
Reply 16
Umm.. your mum's ****ed up
Reply 17
Original post by Rogercbinboy
Be the bigger person and ignore it?

Seems like she's baiting you, don't fall for it and get pissed off, just say "oh cool" or "that's nice" when your mum talks about it even if you don't mean it - as your mum could be texting your responses back to your ex for all you know.

Yea, im not really bothered now. I had like 4 hours sleep the night before last so ive been angry, but now it doesnt bother me.
All it shows is my ex still isnt over me if shes texting my mum.
Tell your mum that you don't like her texting your ex. Surely she should then respect this and stop. If she continues contact anyway, then when she tries to talk to you about your ex just tell her you don't care and don't want to listen.
All it shows is my ex still isnt over me if shes texting my mum.
That's not necessarily true. She could be spending time with your mum because it's a link to you and she's not over you, OR it could be that your mum and your ex are genuinely friends. If the latter, it's got nothing to do with you - you can't dictate who either of them are friends with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending