The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja

I removed the link when I noticed that :tongue:

Oh yeah it's the Desire HD. :biggrin:
Is that Playstation phone really 4"? It looks smaller.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's gonna have major image problems to overcome if it wants to become a ubiquitious device. It's too geeky. Imagine sticking that on a meeting table...
Not to mention too big. This thing will need to have a massive battery too.
Original post by G8D
Anyone know how to get Exchange working on Vanilla Froyo (or in general?).

It is an @gla.ac.uk account but it is accessed through Office Outlook Web Access and uses Exchange, apparently.

Erm... I just use the Email app with the settings on my university website :ninja:

3gb limit will be nice though.

:rofl2: Allow the limits :smokin:

Original post by G8D
Glasgow recently changed their site, it's nearly unnavigatable now.

http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/ITMatters/email/email1.html :ahee:
Original post by G8D
Anyone know how to get Exchange working on Vanilla Froyo (or in general?).

It is an @gla.ac.uk account but it is accessed through Office Outlook Web Access and uses Exchange, apparently.

http://help.outlook.com/en-GB/140/ms.exch.ecp.EmailOnMobilePhone.aspx?amp;r=ia&l=1&s=EDU_Org_Own_E14_R4

i think my uni email is the same as yours and basically you just need to click on the arrow next to the question mark in the top right and click 'about' then enter the details on there onto your mobile and it should work.

[go to your mail app on your phone then click menu then 'more' then 'new account' and add it all through there]
(edited 13 years ago)

Original post by G8D
I found that.

But there really doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter this information.

Email app (not Gmail :tongue:) > Menu > Account Settings > Server settings
Original post by G8D
I've filled it in... Still no luck.

My matric/initial@student etc... IMAP, 993, SSL, could not complete setup.

EDIT: wait this is specifically for imap.physics... I doubt it will work for me.

try pop
Reply 2649
That Playstation phone is hideously ugly. Even my face laughs at it. Sony make good hardware but they really need some good designers.
Reply 2650
Anyone know when 2.3 update is released?

Had my Desire HD now for a month and I can't wait to get the gingerbread update, i see the market has already gotten the gingerbread update, but when does the overall update get released, is there a specific date?

Reply 2651
Oooooh interesting thread! I just got my Desire HD 3 days ago and I've just been glued to it since. Phenomenal phone. :biggrin:
Original post by AdamOAO
Anyone know when 2.3 update is released?

Had my Desire HD now for a month and I can't wait to get the gingerbread update, i see the market has already gotten the gingerbread update, but when does the overall update get released, is there a specific date?

No-one can say, the old answer would've been a month-ish after the vanilla release a week after the gingerbread man arrives. But the Gingerbread man arrived over a week ago, so we've no cue to look out for.

It also depends where you got your phone, as that'll determine who you get the update off of.
Original post by Pyrrho

Original post by Pyrrho
Oooooh interesting thread! I just got my Desire HD 3 days ago and I've just been glued to it since. Phenomenal phone. :biggrin:

Should be getting mine on Tuesday, can't wait till people start perving on my phone.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2654
Original post by yoyo462001
Should be getting mine on Tuesday, can't wait till people start perving on my phone.

Haha yeah you'll get that a lot. A lot of the time I have trouble separating my gf from my phone. She only just got a new Blackberry Pearl last week too!

Is that Playstation phone really 4"? It looks smaller.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's gonna have major image problems to overcome if it wants to become a ubiquitious device. It's too geeky. Imagine sticking that on a meeting table...

I know it is an android device but surely it is meant to appeal to the gaming fans rather than business people?
Original post by wizard710
I know it is an android device but surely it is meant to appeal to the gaming fans rather than business people?

I thought they'd want it to appeal to everyone, a bit like the iPhone (which is becoming more of a credible gaming device every day). The PSP is a big thing for Sony. They're gonna wanna sell lots of units, more than their average phone imo. This doesn't want to be a niche device...or does it?

Their are rumours that the Nintendo 3DS may have phone or skype features.
(edited 13 years ago)
PSPhone is too big for me. Shame, I'd have got one if it wasn't so large.

I still can't decide to either stick with Android and love the OS but remain frustrated by the number / quality of games and apps or go iPhone and hate the OS but love the apps and games.

Android needs an iPhone emulator, then I'd be happy.
Original post by mikeyd85
PSPhone is too big for me. Shame, I'd have got one if it wasn't so large.

I still can't decide to either stick with Android and love the OS but remain frustrated by the number / quality of games and apps or go iPhone and hate the OS but love the apps and games.

Android needs an iPhone emulator, then I'd be happy.

I think I'm gonna venture on the darkside when the iPhone 5/4g/4gs whatever they wanna call it, comes out :teeth: Unless HTC give me an excuse in the next few months...
I think I'm gonna venture on the darkside when the iPhone 5/4g/4gs whatever they wanna call it, comes out :teeth: Unless HTC give me an excuse in the next few months...

Yeah, I could wait til then, or I get a iP4 now, and wait for iP6 for my next phone...

Latest

Trending

Trending