The Student Room Group

My mum is talking to my ex girlfriend, seriously wtf?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you know they totally talk about you all the time op. when they were together your mother would have been telling your gf about all the things you would hide and pretend for her. i bet they were talking about hoiw much better at lovemaking your ex's bf is.
This is ****ed up! you deserve better :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by RosieLucenstiel
That's not necessarily true. She could be spending time with your mum because it's a link to you and she's not over you, OR it could be that your mum and your ex are genuinely friends. If the latter, it's got nothing to do with you - you can't dictate who either of them are friends with.

No they never were, they barely even spoke lol.
My ex only ever spoke to my mum when i broke up with her back in Feb and she was heartbroken.

Original post by jolteon
you know they totally talk about you all the time op. when they were together your mother would have been telling your gf about all the things you would hide and pretend for her. i bet they were talking about hoiw much better at lovemaking your ex's bf is.

Dunno but apparently you have a micro penis.
kthnxbi
Reply 23
Your ex GF is telling your Mother about her superior new BF and your Mother is laughing at you so hard, that the next Bison wannabe is going to feel it!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
well im an electrical cat wat do you expectre??
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous

Basically my ex left me a good 4-5 months ago now.

...i broke up with her back in Feb and she was heartbroken

:confused: so, who actually broke up with who?

From the second quote... If you broke up with her, then it sounds to me like she might not be over you - i mean, she could be trying to make you get these messages to see if you still care?

On the other hand, if she broke up with you, I have no idea why she would be texting your mum..
Wait so you don't want anything to do with your ex yet throw a bitch fit when you're mum won't let you read her texts about some day to day stuff
Reply 27
Basically i left her in Feb, we got back together around June, then she ended it in August as it wasnt the same (i slept with someone else when we broke up and she couldnt get over it).
Either way, im not bothered now like i said lol, i spoke to my mum yesterday and she even agreed that my ex is using her to deliver messages to me.
My mum needs to man up tbh.
Reply 28
My boyfriend's Mum talks to his ex. She puts pictures of them together on facebook, uploads pictures of them kissing to photography sites and comments on loads of her fb statuses. It's really annoying for me but he just ignores her!

I do get annoyed by it a little considering he's been with me for over 2 years, but I can't just expect that she should forget any relationship and friendship they had just because her son's relationship ended.

Just ignore her and tell her you're not interested.
My mum still talks to my ex and I don't - we broke up and within 6 months he had some girl pregnant - my mum gets details. apparently he doesn't want to 'rub it in my face' that he's going to be a dad - not sure how it could tbh I don't envy him at all
Reply 30
Judging by the content of their conversations, your ex seems to just be using your mother to niggle at you. If I were you I'd tell your mother to respect the fact that this is a girl that you have had an intimate relationship with, and that it isn't appropriate to continue reinserting her into your life now that it is over. Explain that you don't want to make your new girlfriend uncomfortable and damage that relationship.

Original post by hay.hay
She puts pictures of them together on facebook, uploads pictures of them kissing to photography sites and comments on loads of her fb statuses.

Urgh! That is seriously vile. Do you get on with his mum well?
Reply 31
Maybe they'll lez off?
Reply 32
To people saying it's got nothing to do with him - *******s. His mum should be thinking of him rather than some girl. And a response like - it's nothing to do with you who I speak to - is teenage behaviour. If the roles were reversed, she'd be calling him a brat.
How does she have time to talk? Shouldn't she be in the kitchen?
Reply 34
Original post by Steezy
To people saying it's got nothing to do with him - *******s. His mum should be thinking of him rather than some girl. And a response like - it's nothing to do with you who I speak to - is teenage behaviour. If the roles were reversed, she'd be calling him a brat.

Exactly, my mum gets like that sometimes though. She barely has any friends and thinks my ex is a 'friend', yet when i said, 'You do realize she is just using you as a messenger to get to me' She ****ing agreed!
Classic doormat my mum is. It is very irritating, i dont know whether to vent my anger to my gf and explain whats going on or just not bother.
Bad parent 101.
Lol I know it's not nice to laugh at people's mums but.. "she's MY friend and it's none of your business" made me crack up, the idea of a middle aged woman saying that about her sons ex-gf.
Original post by Anonymous
Exactly, my mum gets like that sometimes though. She barely has any friends and thinks my ex is a 'friend', yet when i said, 'You do realize she is just using you as a messenger to get to me' She ****ing agreed!
Classic doormat my mum is. It is very irritating, i dont know whether to vent my anger to my gf and explain whats going on or just not bother.

I would go to your gf.

Your mum is, like mine, a bit of a sad case - she doesn't have many friends and she's reverting to a teenager instead of acting like a parent. But there's nothing you can do; you can't reason with someone like that - a child who gets the last word.

If you're completely over your gf, go and be polite and say 'I'm really sorry, I know we're friends (even if you're not), but I find it really awkward that you still talk to my mum, and she gossips about everything you say - and as we're not going out anymore I don't really want to know that stuff - could you stop talking to her?'

Just be friendly and hopefully she'll oblige. If not - you just have to accept you have a childish mum and are very very lucky you're not with your ex anymore.
Reply 38
text your ex's mom!
Sounds like your mum is this girls new boyfriend. My mum either hated or is indifferent to most the girls I bring home .Only one has she given the time of day to.

Although my mum is being italian , I do think it's a bit weird your mum being friends with someone that young and your ex who dumped you ,you would think she would have some loyalty. Either your mum is going through some mid life crisis or she is a dyke and has been turned by your ex girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending