The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
You guys disgust me :nothing:

Does the market not frustrate you too?

The thing that gets me is that it's almost always quicker for iP users to find the info they want compare to me on an Android device.

As I say, I love the OS, just not the apps.
Original post by mikeyd85

PSPhone is too big for me. Shame, I'd have got one if it wasn't so large.

I still can't decide to either stick with Android and love the OS but remain frustrated by the number / quality of games and apps or go iPhone and hate the OS but love the apps and games.

Android needs an iPhone emulator, then I'd be happy.

So not worth it, just for games and apps.
Original post by yoyo462001
So not worth it, just for games and apps.

What else do you use your phone for? :confused:

What else do you use your phone for? :confused:

Usually calling and other communication methods :p:. What I'm saying is that it's not like Android has no apps or games, not to an extent where you'd want IOS that badly.
Original post by yoyo462001
Usually calling and other communication methods :p:. What I'm saying is that it's not like Android has no apps or games, not to an extent where you'd want IOS that badly.

:P

True that. Perhaps I just want an iP4 and don't want to admit it. Honestly, ITT the only thing I really need is a phone with a good MP3 player built in. AFAIK, iP is all over Android in that one. PowerAmp gets close, but it eats batteries for lolz.
Reply 2665
:P

True that. Perhaps I just want an iP4 and don't want to admit it. Honestly, ITT the only thing I really need is a phone with a good MP3 player built in. AFAIK, iP is all over Android in that one. PowerAmp gets close, but it eats batteries for lolz.

Double twist with airsync! epic win
Original post by mprules
Double twist with airsync! epic win

I used to use DT, it's nowhere near as good as PowerAmp IMO.

Edit: HTC MP has no EQ. Can't you just download it from the market? Search for "Music Mod" IIRC.
Winamp was OK last time I tried, yet to d/l latest update.
(edited 13 years ago)

Umm I guess there's a reason why it's only 2.3. Nothing particularly special.
Three branded Froyo. Only came out in November.

I'll be waiting along time for 2.3 on my desire, that's even if it comes to my device. :LOL:
Apparently the new Nexus S won't be a Super Amoled screen. So it's essentially a Galaxy S with 2.3 without S-Amoled. I wonder if it'll still have the GPS and lag problems of the GS phone.

Hit UK 20th on Carphone Warehouse.

Video below

EDIt: video would suggest 2.3 vanilla now has the 3D launcher pro menu style.

Edit: Just been on the website, it has Super Amoled.
(edited 13 years ago)

Original post by G8D
Nexus S look not bad! :biggrin:

GPS issue was corrected with an update IIRC.

The last update was essentially a program that wiped all the GPS settings and restored it to defaults :unsure:, could be wrong though don't follow much Galaxy S news. I think I'd need hands on with the phone before I bought it, with the whole curved screen. If it's snappy I might send my DHD back (when it comes).
(edited 13 years ago)
Massive want now :biggrin:
:headfire:
Do want my samsung galaxy 3 update to 2.2! I can't believe I read about 2.3 on engadget when im still on 2.1 haha.

Samsung needs to fix their game, im going HTC next time.
I'm staring at my Nexus One, waiting for the OTA update. Going to be hours...
Original post by BackDoorEntry
Do want my samsung galaxy 3 update to 2.2! I can't believe I read about 2.3 on engadget when im still on 2.1 haha.

Samsung needs to fix their game, im going HTC next time.

HTC are only mildly better. There doesn't look to be a lot in 2. 3 anyway.

The Nexus S looks too much like the Galaxy S, which in turn remains an iPhone imitation in design. So the day has arrived that Google copies Apple's phone design. I was hoping fo something original, shame.

Anyone else think the 20 December release is cutting it too close. I can imaginesome late Christmas deliveries.
Design for the Nexus S looks terrible. Hoepfully not as cheap and tacky as the Galaxy S (Although it may just be that, by the looks of it).

Anyone have any ideas for the price tag? Sim free?
Original post by silent ninja
HTC are only mildly better. There doesn't look to be a lot in 2. 3 anyway.

The Nexus S looks too much like the Galaxy S, which in turn remains an iPhone imitation in design. So the day has arrived that Google copies Apple's phone design. I was hoping fo something original, shame.

Anyone else think the 20 December release is cutting it too close. I can imaginesome late Christmas deliveries.

Saying the galaxy S is an iphone imitation is like saying a bottle of sprite is a bottle of coke imitation! A suitable smartphone model has been found, so all the companies that are looking to appeal to a big market will create similar smartphones!

Its either HTC or windows 7 for me next
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by BackDoorEntry
Saying the galaxy S is an iphone imitation is like saying a bottle of sprite is a bottle of coke imitation! A suitable smartphone model has been found, so all the companies that are looking to appeal to a big market will create similar smartphones!

Its either HTC or windows 7 for me next

Not really. Besides Chinese knockoffs, no other phone is basically copying the iPhone design. It's totally unoriginal. HTC seem to be doing rather well with some of their design, so too Motorola.
Original post by G8D
£550, appaz.

**** me, why would anyone go for this over the DHD?

Latest

Trending

Trending