The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Visitors in Parkwood

I recently heard a rumor that someone was charged two weeks rent for having a visitor staying in their room (1st year accommodation).
My boyfriend has already been to stay once and is coming again at the end of term. How long can he stay for before I'm charged?
What are the general rules for visitors?

Thank you x
Original post by alicepalace
I recently heard a rumor that someone was charged two weeks rent for having a visitor staying in their room (1st year accommodation).
My boyfriend has already been to stay once and is coming again at the end of term. How long can he stay for before I'm charged?

Thank you x

I am literally astounded that someone was charged, I suspect that rumour is false - I've slept at my boyfriends campus accommodation with absolutely no problem - how are Kent Uni gonna know that you've got people staying over and then charge you for it? It's not like they randomly go round people's rooms :p:

Just don't say anything and he can stay all year if he wants.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by alicepalace

Thank you x

I know lots of people who had boyfriends/girlfriends to stay for multiple days several times over the year and nobody got charged. As long as they're not causing trouble and you don't go shouting to Kent Hospitality about it you're probably good :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Faustus Fotherby
It's not like they randomly go round people's rooms :p:

You say that but they did random checks on parkwood houses last week by just randomly going into everyones rooms whether you were there or not...
Reply 4
Original post by lil lime
You say that but they did random checks on parkwood houses last week by just randomly going into everyones rooms whether you were there or not...

that's health and saftey checks. they can't go around asking everyone if they're a student at UKC.. that would be silly (and time consuming as hell!).

my housemate always has her boyfriend around and sometimes he sleeps for up to three days.. they've never been pulled up on it. it only becomes a problem if they have a car and their car is parked outside for over the allowed period (which I think is 2 days??)..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending