The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Jake22
And that's how you live your life?

Yeah, I live my life by a code of honour which is HONESTY, TRUST & RESPECT. How about you?

Original post by Jake22
Wow. I think it is INSANE and kind of creepy to be so intense about girls you have just met.

And the last time you got laid was....???

Original post by Jake22
Just be friendly or move on. Even if it isn't the truth... so what? If they later decide your not so bad, they would come clean or forget the boyfriend thing anyway.

This 'PUA' stuff makes me giggle. Instead of scrunching up your eyes chanting 'I am the prize, I am the prize' before launching into some telesales script from an ebook designed to make you think interrogation techniques are the way to attract women, why not chill out and try to develop relationships or have fun or whatever naturally as it happens without overthinking it so much?

Even if this telesales technique packaged as 'relationship' advice ebook crap works... it is a pyyhric victory because you have destroyed the fun and spontaneous nature of human relationships by turning it into a business.

I don't use 'PUA' stuff, etc. I've always said on these forums that I'm not a pickup artist, I'm not part of the seduction community....I'm simply a guy who likes meeting and dating women by being direct and honest with them, and I attract them with my natural personality and natural confidence rather than a bunch of techniques etc.

Finding out the truth behind 'I've got a boyfriend' isn't an 'using an interrogation technique', it's just delving a little deeper so you can find out if the girl was lying to you or if she is someone who might open up to you with a bit more persistence. It's the smart thing to do.

From your reply, you sound like someone who is inexperienced with women/doesn't get laid/is naive about the true nature of women, etc. Good luck with that....but I'll stick to HONESTY, TRUST & RESPECT any day.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by Neil_K

And the last time you got laid was....???

I don't see it as particularly relevant but the Friday before last. Before then I was in a relationship for a while.

Here is the thing though... I didn't beat anyone down into submission, I just happened to meet and get on with a nice young lady who was up for a night out and a bit of fun afterwards. You see when it is just natural like that, it is more fun. I just don't see this concept of winning or losing etc. To me it is just two people with a mutual interest.

Original post by Neil_K

From your reply, you sound like someone who is inexperienced with women/doesn't get laid/is naive about the true nature of women, etc. Good luck with that....but I'll stick to HONESTY, TRUST & RESPECT any day.

Not true. I acknowledge that if a woman says she isn't single that this may well not be true I am just saying that I see it as being slightly aggressive to question it when you are dealing with someone you have just met. I prefer to let these things develop organically and if there is too much hard work and delving etc. then I just can't be bothered.

And no, I am not inexperienced, I have had many girlfriends and my fair share of other fun and have found that there is never a need to be pushy. In fact, doing that would just ruin the fun for me and I suspect for many other men and women. I just don't see it as some kind of battle or game.

If I have made my interest in a woman clear then if she is interested, she will respond. I have no interest in trying to make someone change their mind: it isn't telesales and there are no targets. I'd rather just be fun to be around and have them change their mind of their own free will because they enjoy my company.

The behaviour you advocate is actually disrespectful. After all, to call out a virtual stranger on a white lie is pretty rude.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Jake22
Here is the thing though... I didn't beat anyone down into submission, I just happened to meet and get on with a nice young lady who was up for a night out and a bit of fun afterwards. You see when it is just natural like that, it is more fun. I just don't see this concept of winning or losing etc. To me it is just two people with a mutual interest.

Excuse me....'beat anyone into submission'? Que??? You've completely distorted what I've written in this thread and made it sound like I 'beat girls into submission'.

I don't 'beat anyone into submission'.

I really have heard it all now.

I don't mind having philosophical discussions with people....but when people completely distort what I said, I can't take them seriously.

Original post by Jake22
Not true. I acknowledge that if a woman says she isn't single that this may well not be true I am just saying that I see it as being slightly aggressive to question it when you are dealing with someone you have just met.

You care too much about being perceived as friendly. You care too much about whether girls like what you have to say. You care too much what they think of you, hence you worrying about being perceived as 'too aggressive' etc.

In the long run, these traits are detrimental to your success with women. You have to just be who you truly are, and have the balls to say what's really on your mind....and let women respond how they want to respond.

I don't mean that you should be rude to women. Not at all. But what you SHOULD be is your true self, instead of trying too hard to be perceived as friendly/nice/respectful etc. You have to be who you really are, and be comfortable being who you are, instead bending to womens' whims. In other words, have backbone.

Original post by Jake22
I prefer to let these things develop organically and if there is too much hard work and delving etc. then I just can't be bothered.

You're going to lose out on a lot of girls that way, though. For example, if you were to meet a girl and she lied to you about her boyfriend situation, then you walk off without delving any deeper, you've lost out on her.

But if you'd taken the time to talk to her and find out the truth, you'd have stood a good chance at getting somewhere with her.

It's naive to take the line 'I've got a boyfriend' at face value, when the truth is it could have at least 6 different possible meanings.

If you're happy to lose out on a lot of girls, keep doing what you do and walk away as soon as they tell you they 'Have a boyfriend'. I prefer to stay and talk to them and find out the truth before I walk away.

Original post by Jake22
And no, I am not inexperienced, I have had many girlfriends and my fair share of other fun and have found that there is never a need to be pushy. In fact, doing that would just ruin the fun for me and I suspect for many other men and women. I just don't see it as some kind of battle or game.

I don't see meeting/dating women as 'some kind of battle or game' either. I don't get why you and others in this thread are misinterpreting/distorting what I've said.

It's not about 'being pushy' or anything like that. Again, read ALL the replies to this thread and you'll see that I've covered this already. Take note particularly of the reply where I discussed knowing when to persist with a girl vs when walk away.

Once you've read those things, let's stick to the original topic.

Original post by Jake22
If I have made my interest in a woman clear then if she is interested, she will respond. I have no interest in trying to make someone change their mind: it isn't telesales and there are no targets.

Again, misinterpreting/distorting what I've said. I never said anywhere that I 'try to make someone change their mind' etc etc.

When I approach a girl, I just approach her directly and make my intentions known honestly, and let her respond however she wants to respond.

But I'm also not naive enough to think that 'I've got a boyfriend' is the truth...therefore if I get the sense a girl isn't being truthful with me, I delve a little deeper.

Original post by Jake22
I'd rather just be fun to be around and have them change their mind of their own free will because they enjoy my company.

Again, I never said anything about not letting a girl use her own free will to decide whether she wants to get together with me. Yet another misinterpretation of what I've said....

Original post by Jake22
The behaviour you advocate is actually disrespectful. After all, to call out a virtual stranger on a white lie is pretty rude.

I beg to differ. How is it 'disrespectful' to delve a little deeper when a girl says 'she's got a boyfriend'? It's not disrespectful in any way at all. It's just talking to them and finding out what the real truth behind the I've got a boyfriend' line.

Let me summarise the main misinterpretations/distortions that you and all the females who replied to this thread have wrongly come out with......

It's not about 'calling them out on a white lie'....

It's not about 'disrespecting' women.....

It's not about 'being pushy' with women.....

It's not 'beating them into submisson'.....

It's not 'being a creepy loser who won't leave women alone'....

It's not about 'making a girl change her mind'....

It's not about 'over-riding a girl's free will'.....

It's about simply finding out what a girl REALLY means in any given situation when she says 'I've got a boyfriend', instead of blindly accepting it at face value and walking away and then losing out on girls who you could've pulled if you'd simply stayed and talked to her for a bit longer and questioned the 'I've got a boyfriend' line.

And that is the crux of the matter. Instead of understanding the paragraph I wrote above, you and the females who replied in this thread took everything I said and distorted/misinterpreted in the ways I listed above.

So I hope this clears up your misunderstandings. Stick to what I'm actually talking about, which is simply FINDING OUT THE TRUTH BEHIND THE LINE 'I'VE GOT A BOYFRIEND', instead of twisting/distorting/misinterpreting everything I say to make me out as some kind of 'bad guy' who 'disrespects women'.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by Neil_K
EXACTLY. You get it, unlike all the clowns who tried to disprove my replies here.

yeh alright, so nobody actually has boyfriends, you caught us, we're all making it up! har har har

to the threadstarter.. Stop looking for a girlfriend, one will come to you

Latest

Trending

Trending